Samsung Galaxy Mini II GT-S6500/D Official Thread
Samsung Galaxy Mini II Specs
GENERAL 2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 900 / 2100
Announced 2012, February
Status Available. Released 2012, March
BODY Dimensions 109.4 x 58.6 x 11.6 mm
Weight 105.3 g
- Touch-sensitive controls
DISPLAY Type TFT capacitive touchscreen, 256K colors
Size 320 x 480 pixels, 3.27 inches (~176 ppi pixel density)
SOUND Alert types Vibration, MP3 ringtones
3.5mm jack Yes
MEMORY Card slot microSD, up to 32 GB
Internal 4 GB storage, 512 MB RAM
DATA GPRS Yes
Speed HSDPA, 7.2 Mbps
WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot
Bluetooth Yes, v3.0 with A2DP
USB Yes, microUSB v2.0
CAMERA Primary 3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels, check quality
Video Yes, [email protected]
FEATURES OS Android OS, v2.3.6 (Gingerbread)
Chipset Qualcomm MSM7227
CPU 800 MHz
GPU Adreno 200
Sensors Accelerometer, proximity, compass
Messaging SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM, RSS
Radio Stereo FM radio with RDS
GPS Yes, with A-GPS support
Java Yes, via Java MIDP emulator
- SNS integration
- MP4/H.264/H.263 player
- MP3/WAV/eAAC+/AC3/FLAC player
- Image/video editor
- Document viewer
- Google Search, Maps, Gmail,
YouTube, Calendar, Google Talk, Picasa integration
- Voice memo/dial
- Predictive text input
BATTERY Standard battery, Li-Ion 1300 mAh
Stand-by Up to 540 h (2G) / Up to 420 h (3G)
Talk time Up to 11 h 20 min (2G) / Up to 6 h 50 min (3G)
MISC SAR EU 0.92 W/kg (head) 0.62 W/kg (body)
TESTS Display Contrast ratio: 1.114:1 (sunlight)
Loudspeaker Voice 69dB / Noise 71dB / Ring 66dB
Audio quality Noise -85.9dB / Crosstalk -80.5dB
Battery life Endurance rating 38h
ROOTING Samsung Galaxy Mini II
Credits goes to bahek332 and peter_baz of XDA Forums.
I have tried tese methods myself so im sure it will work for you guys.
1. Extract the folder into your desktop.
2. Open the "Odin" folder. Run Odin.
3. Connect your phone to the PC in download mode (volume down + home + power). Make sure USB Debugging is enabled in your phone and extend the screen time out duration.
4. Once the phone is detected, click PDA on Odins UI then choose ROOT.tar. (included on the package you downloaded.)
5. Click start. The phone reboots and Odin will display PASS. Your phone now has another phones firmware (S7500). Dont unplug it.
6. Open "DooMLoRD_v4_ROOT_zergRush_busybox_su" folder then run RUNME.bat. WAIT until it prompts that the root was successful.
7. Unplug your phone then take off the battery to shut it down.
8. Boot phone in download mode (volume down + home + power) again.
9. Run Odin then plug your phone.
10. Click PDA then choose S6500DXXLC4.tar then click START.
11. WAIT till your phone reboots and Odin will prompt PASS.
Download these files:
http://www.mediafire.com/?1f3vqo44jl34tcd (CWM Recovery) <for S7500 but dont worry!!>
http://www.mediafire.com/?oci9ikbqj57li61 (DoomLords Kit)
Note: Make sure you already have KIES installed for the phone divers. But do not run it.
1. Run Odin.
2. Boot phone in download mode (volume dowm + home + power).
3. Plug phone and wait til Odin detects it.
4. Click PDA then choose the CWM recovery (clockworkmod-126.96.36.199.tar.md5) you downloaded earlier.
5. Wait til Odin says PASS and your phone will reboot normally.
6. Turn it off again and boot in download mode (volume up and down + home + power).
7. Wait till it shows your new Recovery Menu.
8. Plug your phone on PC and then open the RootMe.zip you downloaded earlier. extact everything in your desktop.
9. run the RunMe.bat and let it do its job. (it will fail on the first run. Just run it again and it will work!)
10. When the it says DONE, grab your SGM2 and on your CWM Recovery, choose Reboot System Now (first option.)
Thats it! Your SGM2 is now rooted!!
Latest Method (RECOMMENDED)
HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN USB JIG by arnel14
Ihaven't tried this personally kasi pag nag uunroot ako, nagrereflash lang talaga ako ng bagong firmware, PERO KUNG METHOD 3 ang GINAMIT nyo na rooting method, this would probably work.
1. Download this UNROOT.ZIP FILE: http://www.mediafire.com/?2vr7cmgg7qcdn14
2. Copy to your /SDCARD directory.
3. turn off your phone then boot to recovery mode (volume up and + home + power).
4. choose install update from sdcard -> install zip from internal sdcard -> then find the unroot.zip.
5. reoot phone.
SDCARD PARTITIONING via CWM
Note: If you rooted your phone with method 3, you already have CWM Recovery. If not, flash it. Its on ROOTING METHOD 3.
Note: The Micro SD will be aomatically reformatted so if you have important files, back it up first!
1. boot to recovery mode (CWM Recovery).
2. choose Advanced -> Make Partition - > chhose desired partition size. (Max is 4GB) -> will be asked for SWAP size, just choose 0MB.
3. will take some time, just wait and it will prompt DONE when finished.
4. reboot phone.
YOU CAN now USE Link2SD or App2SD. (Search the web for application operations, etc.)
Universal OverClocked kernel upto 1.1Ghz (For Stock Rom)
Download > http://www.mediafire.com/?81bysg5rhg1280u
Flash Via CWM-jena
This kernel are include 15 governor, and 5 Ioscheduler also Swap support
Use CPU control 3rd party app from market to control this..
My device run stable with Performance governor and Sio Ioscheduler with OC 1.12 GHz
NOTE: Credits to Squadzone .. (My SGM2 runs great with 1.1GHz, interactiveX Governor and SIO I/O Scheduler ..)
Caution: I flashed this without reformatting my phone then i recovered my data using TitaniumBackup Pro. Problems I encountered were: (1) My phone reboots everytime an application requests SU Access.
Solution: (1) Before flashing this Kernel, reFLASH an Orig.FW and ROOT it using unuversal GB ROOT.zip. NEVER RECOVER FILES USING TB. Just re install the apps. you are back to zero. Now my phone is awesome.
Note: Make sure you already have KIES installed for the drivers. If not, google Samsung KIES and install it.
1. Boot phone in download mode (volume down + home + power)
2. Run Odin.
3. Plug phone to PC and wait for Odin to detect it.
4. Click PDA and choose your new FW .md5 file.
5. Click START and wait till Odin prompts PASS and reboots your phone.
I have tried flashing almost all of these FWs but my favorite is S6500DXXLC4 for Netherlands because it has S6500DOXXLD1 CSC which is almost the same as our original S6500DDXLD1 FW.
Download SGM2 S6500D FWs here :
Rhan's ROM v1.0 & ICED v2.5
Safe to uninstall built in applications (to free RAM)
- Maps (if you dont use it)
- Live Wallpaper Picker (if you dont use live wallpaper)
- Google Search
- Google Talkback
- Samsung Apps
- Samsung Account
- Social Hub
- Social Hub Widget
- AccuWeather Widget
- Yahoo News
- Yahoo Finance
Note: Use Link2SD to delete these applications. Heres how:
1. Run Link2SD.
2. Click the filter or funnel icon at the upper right.
3. Choose System.
4. Look for the said applications.
5. Tap the application and tap "ACTIONS" and choose uninstall.
Note: Be very careful in choosing what apps to unistall. The said apps above are personally tried by me. Even so, try it at your own risk.
- Superuser (comes pre installed after rooting)
- Titanium Backup
- Go Launcher and other Go Apps
- ChainFire3D (one of my favorites)
- Lucky Patcher
- Root Explorer
- ZArchiver (for rar and zip files)
Note: All applications mentioned can be googles or searched here on symbianize. I havevpersonally tried using the said applications.
- Tap Tap Revenge 4 (req. root to install more free premium songs)
- Tap Sonic
- Final Fantasy III Remake 3D (DS like) (req. root, titanium backup and lucky patcher)
- Other Games that requires root for data
More updates to come. Keep posting.
if you need my assistance, you can just textme. +639151005072