My sister has ASUS 1001PX Netbook with Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit installed and Intel GMA 3150 for Mobile as display adaptor ... I tried the registry edit and it works!
**some applications, most of them are games, video editor and such, needs higher resolution than the default one in Netbooks for them
to be displayed properly and this tweak is the solution!
**You can adjust screen resolution anytime
**fonts, icons etc. are smaller and hence, harder to see
SOLUTION: Adjust the font size and make the icons larger according to your likings
1. Is it safe?
[answer & solution] - yes it is 100% safe! however, it is recommended to do a system restore before applying this tweak so that you can revert any changes if you have to ...
2. Ang hirap gamitin ng Registry Editor!! T.T
**To apply this tweak easily, download and apply this:
To increase Screen Resolution
To restore original netbook resolution
3. Di ko mahanap yung registry key!! o_O
[Answer & Solution]
**I believe the reason for not being able to find the location of the registry key is that
1) you're using a different Operating System;
2) Manufacturer's choice(?)
3) You're searching in the wrong registry hive or folder
**How to solve:
1) Use Registry Search Function! How? - Open your Regedit with Administrative previledge, press "Ctrl+F" then paste and find "Display1_DownScalingSupported"
4. I applied this tweak but nothing happens!
In win 7, there are more than one location where "Display1_DownScalingSupported" keys be found:
try to change the value of first 3 "Display1_DownScalingSupported" keys from "0" to "1". Then reboot.
Note: Do system restore first. Do it at your own risk!
5. How to revert the changes?
1. Use system restore
2. Use this to restore native netbook resolution:
Restore original netbook resolution
[TIPS & Note]
**You can change your screen resolution anytime you want, from the highest (1152 x 864) to lowest (800x600) or back to the default one (1024 x 600), using right-click menu in your desktop!
**Just use higher screen resolution when you have to, if not needed then just use the default one