- It has a very nice 8MP front camera. Mas maganda pa yata kuha nung front cam ng G4 kaysa sa main camera ng Nexus 4 ko na 8mp din.
The only problem I have with the G4's front camera is that it sharpens the photo a little too much, even with the "beauty shot" slider set to minimum.
The main camera was just WOW (insert doge meme here). I was really impressed with the test shots I took while in auto mode inside the LG store. I've got to admit, I have zero knowledge in photography and a lot less on how the G4's manual controls work ( less than zero? so negative na yun
). Ganun ako ka-mangmang sa photography at kung paano nag-i-interact ang ISO, Shutter speed, Focus, Exposure, etc. Ngayon pa lang ako nagbabasa at nagp-practice.
Balak ko rin bumili ng tripod para makakuha ng long-exposure shots.. hindi kasi steady kamay ko.
- Speaking of kamay, first time ko makahawak ng curved na phone and I'll have to say that it doesn't feel like a phone with a 5.5-inch screen. It's easier to hold and use with one hand compared to the iPhone 6 plus. I also found out a downside of using a curved phone... it is almost impossible to use when you lay it on a flat surface like a table because the phone will wobble whenever you touch it.
So ayun, ma-mi-miss ko magtext at maglaro ng Candy Crush habang nakapatong lang sa mesa yung phone. Hehe.
- Since hawak mo na sa kamay mo yung phone, mapapansin mo agad yung kaibahan ng leather cover kumpara sa glass (since galing ako sa Nexus 4 at maka-ilang beses ko rin ginamit yung S6 edge ng kapatid ko (nakuha niya noong June 28). I already own a glass (or semi-glass) phone so the leather option of the G4 was a big plus for me (I bought the brown leather cover, btw). According to the guy in the LG store, the black leather cover is thicker than the other leather variants, making it less prone to damage and wear. My G4 is already a month old and I am happy to report that I haven't damaged any part of it (yet). I don't use cases on my phones primarily because I don't want to ruin the overall "feel" of the phone and I pretty much handle my devices quite well. I did, however, order a rubber bumper on ebay (I expect it to arrive next week) to protect the leather's corner and sides from wear when taking it in out of my pocket.
- LG's decision to equip the G4 with the Snapdragon 808 was controversial. While it is technically inferior to the 810, the 808 doesn't suffer from overheating and throttling issues. I'm actually ok with the 808 and its performance. I'm also not really into gaming - the most graphics-intensive game I have installed is Mortal Kombat X. I'm glad to report that the gameplay is smooth and it doesn't lag and the phone doesn't get exceptionally hot (nags-stutter lang yung animation ng "loading"). Wala naman akong problema sa performance niya while surfing the internet at umaabot ng 5-6 hours ang SOT while on WiFi. I cannot comment on the battery life while on mobile data kasi lagi akong nasa area na may WiFi. Hindi rin ako makapag comment kung ilan ang SOT niya kung puro games lang gagawin.
- I am confident that I will be sticking to LG's stock ROM this time. I really like that LG's skin isn't as bloated as the other OEM skins and there are no fancy apps that distract you from your day-to-day activities. Unlike the old days, LG's stock launcher can now be themed by downloading them via the LG World app, which is nice. Softkeys and quick toggles can be customized to your liking.
I'm ok with the stock launcher but I decided to install Nova Prime (since I already purchased it - sayang naman) and setup my classic PIE UI theme and make use of the gesture controls that I got used to. The knock code and double tap to wake / sleep function is very useful and helps in preserving your power button. There have been reports of touch issues and instances wherein the phone doesn't detect the knock code when unlocking. I believe that the touch screen issues are isolated in the US/EU variants of the G4 because I haven't experienced this. I can confirm though that the phone sometimes doesn't recognize my knock code and you have to enter it twice but it does recognize the double tap to wake (the knock code issue I'm having only happens when the screen is off).
***I just received a software update as I was editing this review. According to the changelog, it's supposed to fix the touch issues that users are experiencing.
- Another reason that I chose the G4 is that it has a micro sd slot.
Kailangan mo talaga ng extra storage lalo na kung may RAW support yung camera at may napakagandang screen... sarap manood ng mga bagay bagay