LARGE PIECE OF THE MONTH #27
What is an LPOTM
(Large Piece of the Month)?
A "large piece" is an artwork with a specified canvass size of at least 600×600 (width & height)... not reaching a similar size to a wallpaper but has enough size to be considered "large".
. . .
The theme of this month's LPOTM is... "Santa Claus Is Not Coming To Town"
Santa Claus, Saint Nicholas, Saint Nick, Father Christmas, Kris Kringle, Santy, or simply Santa is a figure with legendary, historical and folkloric origins who, in many Western cultures, is said to bring gifts to the homes of good, Christian children on 24 December, the night before Christmas Day
CREDIT TO MR-RIPLEY OF DEVIANTART!
- The contestant must have at least 50 posts and has joined Symbianize 2 months before the contest.
- All contestants must only have ONE (1) entry.
- The entry must be of size not smaller than 600x600px and not larger than 1024x1024px.
- DO NOT PUT YOUR USERNAME, REAL NAME, or any word in your artwork that could show/reveal your identity. However, you can put some text/s that have great association with your artwork (for artistic/descriptive purposes).
- All contestants MUST submit their final artwork in either JPEG or PNG format together with the PSD and Image Link file for inspection via PM (private message) to the contest host.
- Editing is allowed, but you can only edit your entry up to TWO (2) times. Once you have already made and submitted your entry, you cannot change it entirely anymore but you can still edit/modify some elements/parts of it so be careful.
- About editing your entry: You must ask permission first to edit your entry via PM. Once approved of editing, send the edited entry (final artwork + PSD file) again to the host via PM and please include the "Reason for Editing" in the edited entry (via text file) or in the private message (ex. "Edited entry to V2/Added Layer Adjustments/Added some texts").
- The entry MUST abide Symbianize Forum Guidelines.
- Entries MUST NOT BE PREMADE!
- For Microsoft Paint users, screenshots are required to be provided and placed within a ZIP file or a RAR file and included (download link attached) in the PM. To get screenshots on your work, click the "PrtScr" button on your keyboard, open a new Microsoft Paint document, click CTRL+V to paste the screenshot, and save it as a .JPG file to reduce byte size. The screenshot must also include the whole screen (start button, taskbar, filename title, windows menu bar, etc.). Provide as many screenshots as possible to atone for not being able to provide a PSD file.
- Campaigning your entries in any form (Private Messaging, Posting, Shoutbox, etc.) is NOT ALLOWED in any manner in any forum and social networking sites. Anyone caught will receive a -30 reputation points and will be automatically DISQUALIFIED.
On the other hand, those who will report anyone campaigning their entries will receive a +10 reputation points.
— AWARD —
The WINNER of LPOTM shall receive the Symbianizers' Choice Award
in Graphics ribbon.
1st Place – +50 reputation points
2nd Place – +30 reputation points
3rd Place – +20 reputation points
AND ADDITIONAL LOAD
1st Place - 300Php*
2nd Place - 150Php*
3rd Place - 100Php*
*SMART and GLOBE only! (hindi pa ako sure kung puedeng magrecharge dito yung SUN at TNT eh!)
Criteria For Judging:
45% - Theme Significance
20% - Artwork Balance
20% - Voting Thread
15% - Flexibility on Resources Used
Judges will be selected randomly from members of Symbianize. Yung judge ngayun ipapakita namin.
START – DECEMBER 06, 2015
END – DECEMBER 21, 2015 (11:59 PM, GMT +8)
so you need to submit you entry on or before DECEMBER 21, 2015 (11:59 PM, GMT +8)
Any change in schedule will be accordingly stated.
For more information or if you have any question(s) regarding the LPOTM contest, kindly visit the official discussion thread: LP - Large Piece Contest Discussion Thread
Good luck to all participants!
Spectra and the contest host reserve the right to remove and/or disqualify any contest entry at their discretion. The deadlines of the events, the rules, and the prizes may be changed accordingly, so please be updated as the contest host will not be responsible in notifying you. The host and SPECTRA reserve the right to withhold the contest winner of his/her prize as they see fit.