Did You Know?
Q) What is the expansion of YAHOO?
A. Yet Another Hierarchy of Officious Oracle.
Q) What is the expansion of ADIDAS?
A. ADIDAS- All Day I Dream About Sports.
Q) Expansion of Star as in Star TV Network?
A. Satellite Television Asian Region.
Q) What is expansion of "ICICI?"
A. Industrial Credit and Investments Corporation of India.
Q) What does "baker's dozen" signify?
A. baker's dozen consists of 13 items - 1 more than the items in a normaldozen.
Q) The 1984-85 season. 2nd ODI between India and Pakistan at Sialkot- India210/3 with Vengsarkar 94*. Match abandoned. Why?
A. That match was abandoned after ppl heard the news of indira gandhi beingkilled.
Q) Who is the only man to have written the National Anthems for twodifferent countries?
A. Rabindranath Tagore who wrote national anthem for two differentcountries one is our 's National anthem and another one is forBangladesh-(Amar Sonar Bangla).
Q) From what four word ex-pression does the word `goodbye` derive?
A. Goodbye comes from the ex-pression: 'god be with you'.
Q) How was Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu better known?
A. Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu is none other Mother Teresa.
Q) Name the only other country to have got independence on Aug 15th?
A. South Korea.
Q) Why was James Bond Associated with the Number 007?
A. Because 007 is the ISD code for Russia (or the USSR, as it was knownduring the cold war).
Q) Who faced the first ball in the first ever One day match?
A. Geoffrey Boycott
Q) Which cricketer played for South Africa before it was banned frominternational cricket and later represented Zimbabwe?
A. John Traicos
Q) The faces of which four Presidents are carved at Mt.Rushmore?
A. George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt, and AbrahamLincoln.
Q) Which is the only country that is surrounded from all sides by only onecountry (other than Vatican)?
A. Lesotho surrounded from all sides by South Africa.
Q) Which is the only sport which is not allowed to play left handed?
Re: Did You Know?
Classic Definitions and amazing meanings..
1. Cigarette : A pinch of tobacco rolled in paper with fire at one end & a fool at the other.
2. Love affairs : Something like cricket where one-day internationals are more popular than a five day test.
3. Marriage : It's an agreement in which a man loses his bachelor degree and a woman gains her master.
4. Divorce : Future tense of marriage
5. Lecture : An art of transferring information from the notes of the lecturer to the notes of the students without passing through "the minds of either".
6. Conference : The confusion of one man multiplied by the number present.
7. Compromise : The art of dividing a cake in such a way that everybody believes he got the biggest piece.
8. Tears : The hydraulic force by which masculine will-power is defeated by feminine water-power.
9. Dictionary : A place where divorce comes before marriage and success before work.
10. Conference Room : A place where everybody talks, nobody listens & everybody disagrees later on.
11. Ecstasy : A feeling when you feel you are going to feel a feeling you have never felt before.
12. Classic : A book which people praise, but do not read.
13. Smile : A curve that can set a lot of things straight.
14. Office : A place where you can relax after your strenuous home life.
15. Yawn : The only time some married men ever get to open their mouth.
16. Etc. : A sign to make others believe that you know more than you actually do.
17. Committee : Individuals who can do nothing individually and sit to decide that nothing can be done together.
18. Experience : The name men give to their mistakes.
19. Atom Bomb : An invention to end all inventions.
20. Philosopher : A fool who torments himself during life, to be spoken of when dead.
21. Diplomat : A person who tells you to go to hell in such a way that you actually look forward to the trip.
22. Opportunist : A person who starts taking bath if he accidentally falls into a river.
23. Optimist : A person who while falling from Eiffel Tower says in midway "See I am not injured yet."
24. Pessimist :- A person who says that O is the last letter in ZERO, Instead of the first letter in word OPPORTUNITY.
25. Miser : A person who lives poor so that he can die rich.
26. Father : A banker provided by nature.
27. Criminal : A guy no different from the rest... except that he got caught.
28. Boss : Someone who is early when you are late and late when you are early.
29. Politician : One who shakes your hand before elections and your Confidence after.
30. Doctor : A person who kills your ills by pills, and kills you with his bills.
Re: Did You Know?
Nice thread! Very informative po...hehe