6 Tips To Avoid Getting Sick...
This is the time of year that colds and flu often hit the best of us with everything they've got. Here are a few tips to fight back with and avoid getting sick in the first place.
1. Drink plenty of water, add a little lemon to help balance the pH and keep your body in good shape to fight off what might try to invade. Add some stevia extract if you don't like plain lemon water and make it into healthy lemonade.
2. Probiotics are essential. These little guys will help to keep the colon healthy which is crucial to prevent sickness by supporting the quick removal of viruses and bacteria. It is also believed that probiotics play a critical role in the proper functioning of the immune system by producing certain vitamins.
3. Certain essential oils such as lavender and tea tree are wonderful for warding off viruses and bacteria. Diffusing these may help to prevent a cold or flu from occurring and can help to fight one once it has occurred.
While these work quite often they don't work every time. Sometimes, no matter how well prepared you are, you are going to get sick so here are some tips if you do to lessen the severity of symptoms and reduce the amount of time you are sick.
4. The old saying, "feed a cold, starve a fever" actually means "If you feed a cold, you will need to starve a fever". The fact is, you are ill because of congestion. The best way to remove the congestion is to stop eating. You certainly wouldn't keep shoving food down a garbage disposal that is all clogged up. Drink lots and lots of water and drink fresh fruit juices, vegetable juices or broth and teas if you become hungry.
5. Let a fever be. Don't try to lower it unless it becomes dangerous or is uncomfortable for an extended period of time leading you to lose sleep. Fevers are designed to burn the offending invaders and help you get well sooner. So reducing a low grade fever may do you more harm than good. Of course, if the fever is high (over 102 in an adult or 103 in a child) or has been going on for more than a few hours without a single dip, then you will want to consider lowering it.
6. There are many herbs and other supplements that can honestly help you to get over an illness faster. The key is to take them soon (when you first notice you are getting sick) and take them often (every 2 to 3 hours).
Even during the plagues, there were individuals that managed to stay healthy. Keep these tips in mind and your friends, family and co-workers may be asking how you manage not to get sick when they all are.
Hope it heps you to avoid being sick...