Re: help po how to format a pc by xp windows
enter bios by pressing delete on start up then make cdrom as your first boot option then save:
1. Insert your Windows CD and restart your computer.
2. While restarting you will see a black screen with text displaying "Press Any Key To Boot from CD"
3. Do as said and press any key.
4. Now you will be taken to the installation. It should start off by loading and installing the installation files so let it do that.
5. Now there will be different options. make sure you select "Install Windows XP"
6. Now you will have to go through the Agreement, just hit F8 to agree!
7. Windows Setup will then search for previous versions of Windows which most of you should have if your formatting. Press ESC or Enter.
8. Now, you will be prompted to the "Partition Screen"! Now this part is very important. Use your arrow keys and select your current installation which should be the C: Partition.. and Hit "d" to delete it. Then it will tell you to confirm to delete it, just press "Enter"! and AGAIN Press "L" to confirm to delete it.
9. Now Press "C" to create a new partition on the unpartitioned drive. Don't change the numbers you see there as it is the maximum hard drive space which all of you want! So Hit "Enter" to create it.
10. Now that you have a newly defined partition. Press "Enter" to start the setup.
11. Now you will have different options to choose from. Choose "Format the partition using the NTFS file system."
12. Now it will install/setup windows.
13. Then you will get a message telling you that windows will reboot in a few seconds, just wait and let it reboot.
last will be the configuration setting just fill up the necessary details then your good to go...