Most of our features and services are available only to our members. So we encourage you to login or join us by registering a new account. Registration is free, fast, and simple. You only need to provide a valid email address so we can minimize spammers. As a Symbianize member you'll have the following privileges:
Gain access to private forums and restricted features
Reply and create new topics or polls
Download free applications, games, themes, graphics, tones, videos, etc.
Ask question or support related to mobile phone, computer, game console, and multimedia
Private messaging (PM) with fellow members
Communicate instantly or real-time with currently online members via Shout Box
All that and more, so what are you waiting for, join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!
NokiaNokia discussions in general. All topics specifically pertaining to Nokia mobile devices can be placed here.
there are 2 types of ngage games. 1 is in .blz format, the other is a folder wif man other files and folders. im going to talk about the .blz version 1st.
u need the .blz file, and blzinstaller.sis to install it.
1) install the blzinstaller.sis, into fone or mmc, doesn matter.
2) send the .blz file to ur fone. for tis example, im gonna use sonic.blz.
3) move the .blz to the root dir of e:, which is ur mmc. meaning, DUN place it in any folders, place it in e:, so it looks like tis <e:/sonic.blz>
4) run blzinstaller to install, can take a while thou.
Note: if u send the .blz file to ur fone wifout using pc suite, it normally ends up in the inbox. For 6600 and 3650 users, space on c: is limited, so go to <messages>, <options>, <settings>, <other> set the mem in use to mmc.
and den, use a file explorer (example, fexplorer, seleq, etc), go to e:/system/mail/(1st folder), and find the .blz file, its in one of the 16 folders labelled 0-9, a-f. den cut, paste to e: root dir.
there u go! .blz version!
now, for the folder type of ngage games...
sometimes, when u get a ngage game from irc, it doesnt come in .blz format, but in a folder named <system>. open it, it shld be another folder name <app>. open it again, is a folder tts the game. for tis example, the folder name in system/app tt u downloaded is <fifa>
for ngage users, simple as hell, paste fifa folder into e:/system/app folder of ur fone, using the supplies usb cable. if u cant see the system folder when u plug the usb cable, change the folder settings to reveal all folders.
for 3650 and 6600 users, it will b a bit troublesome. u haf to move the files 1 by 1, into the exact place on ur mmc. so, u haf to create a <fifa> folder on ur e:/system/app, den copy the files to the exact same location, 1 by 1.
occasionally, u get another folder wif the system folder when u download the game. u haf to replace the 2 lib files in ur mmc. place them in e:/system/LIB. if theres no such folder, create one.
So thats about it!
Note: Want to do this? Go get a MMC reader. Its the easiest & quickest way to trasfer files.
This is a "How To" for Connecting the Nokia Series 60 device (Nokia 7650, 6600, 3650, 3660 etc...) via Bluetooth TM with the Windows Widcomm software used by TDK, Billington, MSI and others Bluetooth USB Vendors. The guide was created with the 7650 hadset but the steps are similar for other Series 60 devices and have been checked with the 3650 and 6600.
1.Pairing the computer and the Series 60 Handset
Pairing is the process of swapping pass keys and setting up a trusted connection between the Bluetooth USB adapter / card connected to the PC and the 7650 handset. Save any files and close any applications you may have been working on.
2. Set up Bluetooth TM on the 7650 by going to the Main Menu, selecting Connect and then Bluetooth.
3. Make sure the Bluetooth option is On and My Phone's Visibility is Shown to all. Remember what is in My Bluetooth Name - or edit it to one of your choice - this is what your 7650 will be seen as by other Bluetooth TM devices.
4. Right Click on the Bluetooth Icon in the system tray, on the menu that appears go to Setup and then click on Security.
5. A window appears and all being well the right hand pane will have your 7650 (titled what ever you have entered into the phone's My Bluetooth Name entry). If nothing appears click Refresh and your phone should then appear. Highlight the 7650 and click Execute Pairing.
6. A window will pop up asking for a PassKey. Enter in a numeric only passkey and click OK.
7. On the 7650 a screen pops up asking you to enter a passkey - key in the same number you just typed into the PC.
8. By default any connections from your PC to the 7650 must be manually accepted on the 7650. You have an option to set up a connection from the PC to your 7650 as authorized, this means when you connect from the PC to the phone it won't ask you if it's ok and will connect automatically.
9. To set it as automatic: On the 7650 in the Bluetooth TM Setting Screen, you joystick right to the Paired Devices screen, highlight the Computer you just paired with and press Options, select Set as Authorized and Yes. You will then see a padlock icon beside the paired device - this device will no longer require manual authorization for connections to the 7650.
Now you should set My phone's visibility to Hidden - so that unknown devices searching won't see your phone. You can still be connected to by any paired devices. Remember to switch it to Visible if you want to pair with a new device or receive a file / business card from someone with an unpaired device.
Manually make a serial connection to the Series 60 Handset to get the mRouter connection started:
1. To get a connection working you need one last step - you need to connect to the 7650's Bluetooh Serial port from the PC.
2.Right Click on the Bluetooth TM Icon in the system tray, on the menu that appears go to Services and then click on Bluetooth TM Serial Port. Select Find Devices from the sub menu. (A shortcut to this connection will be created so next time you will have the 7650 listed in Bluetooh Serial Port submenu to save the next step).
3. Select the 7650 from list and click Connect.
4. A window will appear telling you the connection is starting.
5. If you have not set the 7650 to automatically authorize a connection from this computer be ready to accept the connection request on the phone. If you have set it to automatically authorize then you won't be asked.
6. You should also see the Bluetooth icon on the 7650 start to flash showing a connection take place. Then you may get an error on the PC saying it can't connect and/or a message saying there is a Connection on COM0 (you can check the box to stop this appearing again), you can just ignore these message(s) for a minute. (Click OK once the mRouter connection is made described below.)
A couple of seconds later the mRouter icon in the tray shows a connection in starting and then a connection being made. You can see also the active connection in the mRouter Connection Properties. The PC Suite application should then be ready for use.
- At the top of the main-menu and every folder, the keys 1 to 9 are shortcuts to the icons 1-9
- A shortcut on the left menukey in standby-mode will take more time to open than a shortcut on the right menukey. Reason: The left key is also used for the keylock so it shortly waits for pressing the * button.
- While writing text press and hold "#" to switch between Alpha mode and Number mode. You can also press a key long to insert its number.
- In standby-mode, press and hold 0 to launch your wap home page.
- If you have your keylock activated just press the on/off button to turn on your backlight to look at the time when it's dark without having to unlock the keypad.
- To keep the backlight on, run Torch (freeware), press and hold the Menu button and go somewhere else on the phone.
- To check your current firmware version simply type *#0000# in standby screen.
- To check your IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) type *#06# in standby screen.
- To check your Bluetooth device address type *#2820# in standby screen.
- Start up in Safe Mode (no 'auto start' apps will be running): Hold down the pencil key when you turn on the phone and hold it on until you have to enter your PIN code.
- Format the phone memory by typing *#7370# in standby screen.
- In standby mode,
45# + <talk> dials the number on your sim in memory slot 45.
50# + <talk> dials slot 50 and so on.
When I set the GMT offset time in clock of 6600 to +530 then all my call log shows half hour prior to the actual time logged, and if it is -530 then log shows after half hour of actual time and if the same is set at +500 or -500 then the call log shows correct time of the call logged. But further I am not able to set the offset to + or - 500 as Psiloc world clock pro changes the timing to exactly +530 indian timing. Does anyone has a solution?
The log timings depends on the time set in your mobile clock. If you change the timing and make a call the log shows the changed time only. My previous post meant if th clock offset minutes is "00" and any hour, then log timings is accurate to the time set on clock. But opening World clock pro changes it automatically to +530 as the home location is india. and as the minutes offset changes to "30" the log time varies. If I dont use World clock pro nothing changes.
Also, you can store diferent logos for diferent operators. For example if you change your SIM to other operator, you will see the other logo, or if you travel to other countries, you can store diferent logos for the operators in this countries.
You have a list of country codes and network codes here , just ignore the first "0" in network code if any.
If you want to delete the logo to restore the original (name of the operator) just delete the bmp file from c:\system\apps\phone\oplogo.
We sometimes hear from users of Series 60 handset users stating that they've filled up their memory, and the memory is so full that they can't get in to delete any files.
We've not had any experience of this, but the best thing to try is to restart the phone (by taking the battery out) when it "hangs" and then starting the phone in "safe mode". This causes the phone to load as few apps as possible at startup. To do this, hold down the ABC key, and while holding it down, start up the phone. Hopefully you will then be able to transfer files from your C drive to your MMC to free up the memory.
As a very last resort, you can format the phone and start again - 1st post in this FAQ section - This will remove all data, and you'll have to restore your phone's information from a backup which you may have made on your MMC or via PC Suite.
If you still can't get into the phone, the final option appears to to be to take the phone to the nearest Club Nokia shop (or your retailer), who should be able to re-flash the phone to factory settings.
Installing applications/games (.sis/.jar files) on Ngage
1. Plug in the USB cable.
2. Go to my computer, find the drive showing removable hard disk, which is your Ngage. Open it. There should b many folders in there, videos, system, etc...
3. Now, move the .sis file you want in there, not in any folders, so it looks like this
---> e:/xxx.sis and NOT e:/system/xxx.sis (not in any folders).
4. Then, unplug the USB cable, wait a while, the go to Manager, which is in tools ---> manager, then find the application there, and install it!
Installing java games(.jar files) using the usb cable :
1. Install a file explorer like FExplorer (freeware), then place the .jar file anywhere u want.
2. Then go into the file explorer, look for the .jar file, click on it and install!
Use BT for an internet connection (6600)
Well its not as easy as you think. And after learning the way Symbian works for nearly a year now, I still havent figured this one out.
Anyways, heres a link where everything is explained.
*Only fully-registered users can see this link.*
The very best of luck for all, but a word of warning, if you got lost just by reading it, then please dont attempt it. I WILL NOT be able to provide any help about it.
Internet on your phone using bluetooth.
Ok I found this other guide which is more easy for newbies to follow. I ahvent checked it on my 6600. Will do the testing soon. Those of you on N-gage & 3650 please try too and post a new topic outside this FAQ section about how it is.
this will work on most s60 phone I guess! it has been tested on an NGAGE and on N3650!
Connection Name : Anything (sugestion ADLS or PCGPRS something u remember well cuz u'll need it later!)
Data Bearer: GPRS
Access Point Name: The name you gave to your bt connection when pairing up with the computer...
Username : None
Password : No
Authentication : Normal
Gateway IP Address : 0.0.0.0
and that's all on this on this part..
then go to:
tools/settings/connection, and select GPRS
set the GPRS connection to "when available", and the access point to "none".
The settings on your fone are done! now... the next step;
Create a serial port connection from ur pc to ur phone (u've done this before if u ever used Pcsuite from nokia), this serial connection must be on everytime you want to use your pc internet connection as a gprs connection for ur phone!!
Install the software u need to surf the web (opera, netfront, agile messenger for chat, etc..)
My advise to you is to use netfront, the options are pretty cool and it uses less memory meaning u can still run other program such as agile at the same time (it crashed my 3650 when I tried to do it with opera)..
Voilá ur ready to use ur phone to surf and chat for free!!
hope this helped you and that is simple and clear!! any question u know where to post, this will be updated if many doubts come up.
ps. works with ngage arena games!!!
Edited: 18 Sep 2004 17:35.
Well I have found out that the 6600 cannot use the connection above. I have read in another forum someone saying that the mRouter connection for 6600 & 7160 has been disabled by Nokia!
The connection above can only work on Symbian v6.0 phones, which is 3650, 3660 7650 & N-gage. Phones like 6600 & 7610 is on Symbian v6.1 and can only used the connection which is posted just before this post.
Cant delete files in your Inbox?
When you cant delete a file which is in your inbox the normal way, here is what you can do;
1. Install FExplorer.
2. Launch it and goto the path/folder of your message inbox. If its on the C drive, it would be C:\system\Mail\00001001_S and the same if its on the E.
3. You will notice there are more folders, 0 to9 and a to f. Just go look into all those folders and you should be able to find the file that you wanna delete.
4. Once found, click on Options>File>Delete.
5. Exit FExplorer & goto your Inbox to delete the file again.
Backing up Phone Settings.
If you ever come to a point when you need to hard format your phone or maybe upgrade to a new firmware, I'm sure definately would like to save the current settings of your phone. So this is what you should do;
How to backup phone settings to MMC.
Menu>Extras>Memory>Options>Backup phone mem.
Once the formatting or upgrading is done, you can then restore back the settings by doing;
Restoring settings after phone format.
Menu>Extras>Memory>Options>Restore from card.
Changing Memory Storage For Your Messages.
Its pretty easy, I think its even covered in the User Manual.
Menu>Messaging>Options>Settings>Other>Memory In Use.
Saving Tones To Your PC
Well, I guess I'm gonna share a lil bit of a 'darktip' with you all. Let it be known now that I download my favourite midi (poly) tones from *Only fully-registered users can see this link.* . They have thousands of songs. Its not really free but somehow the technicality or rather untechnicality of their website lets you save the tones to your PC.
As you goto the Polyphonic section, you will be able to listen to the tunes by clicking on the Play icon as you cant right-click on that page. Now for me when I click on the icon, the usual download window pop-up giving me the option either to Open or Save the file. If you were presented this option, you're a lucky boy/girl cos you can save it to your PC and then send it via IR or BT to your phone. As for those who has those download managers, I think some of them might pop-up that download box too.
Now some of you might, when you click on the icon, experience the browser launching another page and playing the midi file maybe using your Quicktime. If you are lucky, you can right-click on that Quixktime player and save the file. Others maybe played automatically by Windows Media Player or Winamp or whatever your default sound player is. Now the trick is to check the settings of those players and make sure that it is not assigned to play any midi file. This disabbling tip sometimes work and sometimes not, for reasons I'm not sure off.
And lastly if you didnt get those two steps to work, theres always this option, a bit of a pain but still worth it if you really want that ringtone. You see when you click on the icon and the file plays on your default player, it has actually been downloaded to your cache or you temperory internet folder. So all you gotta remember is the Ref: poly5432 number. So after playing all those tunes you want, goto the Search function on your PC and search either for all .mid extensions on your PC or the particular number of the midi e.g. 5432.
Some sites has the file on mp3 format which I guess is even better quality for your phone, just take note of the name or code of the file. So remember, if it plays, theres a good chance its in your Temperory Internet folder. You can always browse for it by going to your;
Internet Explorer>Tools>Internet Option>General tab>Temperory Internet Files>Settings>View Files.
You should be able to see all the files sorted nicely, images, cookies, etc.,
So there it is, another guide on how to obtain ringtones form paid sites. So simple right? Now go get that BT dongle!
Send .sis, .jar & .mid file with ease!
I have found one File Explorer which lets you send any files, yes .mid, .jar & .sis included without any need to rename them first. I am on the new firmware now and yesterday I tried sending a .mid file to my friends' 6230, it works like a charm! It has the prettiest interface too!
This ProfiExplorer comes with ProfiMail (you can find it in the Programs section)which is
"a powerful e-mail client for mobile devices. It allows you to read your mail on go, and send text with attachments directly from your device." The explorer is a standalone application and is a freeware. The Profimail is a shareware though but eventhough you do not register it, the file explorer will still run."
But at Allve.com you get it -------. So have fun.
To retrieve password from phone:
Open file explorer. (SeleQ, FExplore, AppMan, whateva')
search for MMCSTORE
when you find it, send it to yer PC
on PC, open the file with Notepad, or any word processor
there goes your password .
Last edited by hmx_ryan; 23rd Mar 2007 Fri at 07:59..
Wow! Very good explanation bro.... I'm sure marami pa satin ang di pa masyado naiintindihan ang function ng bawat keys sa ating mga phone and with this thread I think it's enough para lalo pa nila maintindihan ang lahat. Well done bro.. well done....
Oh before I forget bro.... I have some question and I hope you can help on this... My sister's N6600 phone has a problem sa kanyang bluetooth, everytime na buksan nya ito hindi sya nagoopen talaga. Before nagwowork pa ito and paminsan minsan naghahang hanggang sa hindi na sya mabukasan pa. Ano kaya maaaring gawin dito para maibalik sa normal ang function ng bluetooth nya?
Also yung sa folder ng gallery pag ioopen mo matagal sya mabuksan......at kung minsan pa hindi na talaga nagoopen pa. Can you help how to solve this problem on my sister's N6600 phone bro? Thank you very much in advance..