Welcome back, Guest!
Register
Forgot your Password?

Hello, Guest! Welcome to Symbianize Forum.

Most of our features and services are available only to our members. So we encourage you to login or join us by registering a new account. Registration is free, fast, and simple. You only need to provide a valid email address so we can minimize spammers. As a Symbianize member you'll have the following privileges:

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Page 119 of 187 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1870

Default Re: Chat/Discussion of books we've Read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

just finished leaving paradise and return to paradise...it was great!
    i mean i love perfect chemistry and the other 2 from the series pero i like this two better..

Default Re: Chat/Discussion of books we've Read, Book Recommendations/Suggestions...

@yche09

It's good to know that THG turned out well, I soooo envy you guys coz you can watch it cinemas

btw, naglabas ng bagong book covers para sa Moreno Brothers series (which is good because I really didn't like the previous covers) pinalitan nila yung face ni Sofie and si Alex may mukha na din!

I just finished If I Stay and Where She Went by Gayle Forman, ang ganda nung story. I wasn't really planning on reading it (I was just checking out the first few pages) but when I got to the part when she's had her out-of-the-body experience, I got hooked. It was easy for me to picture everything (lalo na yung hospital scenes---probably because of my profession), it was amazingly written. I'm glad i found out what happened to them in the end, kasi akala ko it's going to end like those movies---where it ends hanging and you find yourself awake at night thinking of different scenarios for them, lol, wala lang, sobrang nagustuhan ko lang yung story
    Last edited by novelcsanchez; 26th Mar 2012 at 01:40.

I'm also a fan of the Artemis Fowl series. Impeccable minds! Great twists.

Mistborn Trilogy + the novel spin off by Brandon Sanderson

Dunno if there are others here who've read those but it's fantasy, not science fiction, IMHO. Not everything is happy ending but there are glorious moments.

Hmm a fellow fantasy lover, perhaps?

Glad to see that I'm not the only fan of Artemis Fowl. I love how Eoin Colfer spins his tales, with all the twists and turns and the genius of the mind.

I've heard about the Mistborn series, and it's on my to-read list. Although that list never seems to end or grow shorter...

^ hey i have a complete audiobook edition of artemis fowl series. okay ba mag read along? pag may chores kasi sa bahay nakikinig lang ako.. i hope i'll like it..

cheer for me! i just finished Hunger Games book, after like...forever

want to watch it tonight sana, problem is, it's raining here + i'm having a slight headache.

will try to watch it tomorrow or by wednesday. luckily the cinema is just 5 mins away from my house (by foot!)

--------------

ps. awhile ago it was just raining....now it's raining like cats and dogs! and the accompanying thunder and lighting are scary!

newaiz...headache is now gone (gutom lang pala hehe)...back to HG.

i am for Team Peeta. i like a guy who can make me laugh...Gale is too dark with his brooding thoughts.

Catching Fire will be shown by Nov 2013, right? i hope to finish book 2 before then

--------------

ps2. decided to watch it tonight (rain stopped, and i want to get this out of my schedule, lol). i arrived in the cinema just in time to buy a ticket and a drink.

i guess the film was able to show that it is not a happy movie. spoiler but i was underwhelmed. i think the movie was not cohesive enough / spoiler end

good casting though.

now i am more scared of DSB turning to movie
    Last edited by maysapaw; 27th Mar 2012 at 01:11.

Wee! After my Kindle broke, I haven't a book for about 9 months but now I'm back! Just got my NookColor! OMFG, it's amazing.

^^^ It's good that the list never gets shorter. Take a break after every series you've read since it might overshadow the next batch you're going to read. That's my 2 cents.

Artemis Fowl on Audiobook? Who reads it? Adrian Dunbar or Nathaniel Parker? I liked Nathaniel Parker's rendition of book. He makes it alive in some measure.

If you can multitask, then audiobooks are great for you. I can't, so when my eyes get tired, I play the Audio Book of whatever book I'm reading.

P.S. Hardcore fantasy? Try Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan.

@clowe

Yup, I usually alternate between genres or let time pass before reading another to give a washout period.

@yche09

I don't like audiobooks so I'm not sure... Eoin Colfer is a genius though in regards to the plotting

sh!t ang tagal ng november 6!!!

I just finished Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor, grabe, I need the sequel, like right now! LOL.

Brimstone parang professor snape...

awesome read