How To: ROOT your Mini / Mini Pro ANDROID 1.6 (Newbie-friendly guide) exploid method
UPDATE 3: If you are running Android 2.1 please see these instructions for root instead
UPDATE 2: Refer to this post for a SIMPLER root for your Android 1.6 Mini X10
UPDATE 1: I have cleaned up the instructions + formatting
If you have struggled to follow the steps found elsewhere then I am writing up these altered version of the steps with you in mind, hopefully you can smoothly ROOT your Mini Pro now.
Please follow each step carefully. These steps are to be carried out on a Windows XP, 2000, Vista or 7 computer (32/64 bit).
Note: You are advised to have about 50% charge on the battery minimum, ideally much higher if not fully charged.
1. Download exploid_x10mini.zip
a. Extract the ZIP file contents to C:\exploid_x10mini
2. Download the Android SDK here
a. Open up the downloaded file and browse inside it to android-sdk-windows\tools\ -- now extract the entire contents of this folder to[COLOR="Red"] C:\exploid_x10mini
Download exploid_x10mini.zip here:http://www.mediafire.com/?73e29s1dwp3fdhu
Download Android SDK here:http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html
Download Sony Ericsson PC Companion here:http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/supp...ni?cc=gb&lc=en
IMPORTANT: Make sure the files have extracted properly, sometimes you may accidently end up extracting them to C:\exploid_x10mini\android-sdk-windows\tools\ - if this happens go in to C:\exploid_x10mini\android-sdk-windows\tools\ and move the entire contents to C:\exploid_x10mini\
3. Download the Sony Ericsson PC Companion – do NOT plug the USB cable to your Mini Pro when it prompts
4. On your Xperia Mini you need to enable USB Debugging:
a. Go to Settings > Applications > Development
b. Tick to enable: USB Debugging
c. Tick to enable: Stay awake
5. You need the Power Control Widget enabled on a home screen for a later step, doing this now is best:
a. On the Home Screen press the Menu button (left button)
b. Select on Arrange Widgets
c. Find and select Power Control
d. Press the Back button to return to the home screen, you should be on the page displaying the widget
e. On this widget do a quick test, touch the left icon for wifi to enable/disable it to make sure it is working
f. ALTERNATIVE: Download a WIFI on/off widget and use that instead for the later stepg.
IMPORTANT: Leave the WIFI turned ON – doesn’t matter if you are connected to an AP or not
6. Plug the USB cable between computer and the Mini Pro. Windows should show a driver installation notification but ignore the state of the Sony Ericsson PC Companion, leave it running in the background
7. Click on START and type CMD and press Enter. Alternatively Press the FLAG button + R and type CMD and press Enter.
8. At the CMD command line type in all the RED TEXT as displayed below, the text in white should be similar to what you see happening after you type the red text and press Enter.
IMPORTANT: Immediately after the next command, you will need to disable and enable the wi-fi using the power control widget (from step 5) on the phone
Now turn Wifi OFF and back ON
9. Now type in rootshell and press Enter
a. Enter this password rootnowb. The prompt will change to # … you now have ROOT!
10. Type the following commands, pressing Enter on the keyboard after each line:
./busybox cp /sdcard/Superuser.apk /system/app/
./busybox cp /sdcard/su /system/bin/
./busybox cp busybox /system/bin/
chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
11. Type exit – this will exit out of rootshell
12. Type exit again – this will exit out of adb shell
Your device is now rooted but lets verify this now:
13. Type in adb shell and press Enter
14. Type in su and press Enter – look at your Xperia Mini Pro screen – Superuser.apk should run on the phone and will ask whether to allow the root permission.Feel free to leave questions in comments if you get stuck or do not understand any of the steps.
How To: Root Android 2.1 X10 Mini Pro U20i / U20a
I am writing this up mainly because I suspect many of you guys are attempting the Android 1.6 ROOT method on their device, whilst having Android 2.1 installed. The 1.6 method will not work in 2.1. Fortunately the method for rooting Android 2.1 is very easy.
NOTE: I have not tested z4root on FW 2.0.2.A.0.24 (the latest update). It is confirmed working on earlier versions namely 2.0.A.0.504. If you have problems please go to Settings > About phone and check what build number you are on.
METHOD 1 - VERY EASY - DO THIS ON YOUR DEVICE - NO USB CABLE NEEDED
1. Go to Settings > Applications:
a. Enable Unknown sources
b. (Since you are here do the following too) Go to Development, enable USB debugging and Stay awake
2. Download z4root.apk from here
3. Once downloaded run / start z4root and it will perform the root process for you.
After the reboot you have root!
1. Do step 1a from above first, then download z4root.apk from here
2. Connect your phone via USB to your computer, transfer z4root.apk to the SDCARD
3. On your phone use a file explorer to navigate to the SDCARD, find and install z4root.apk
Download z4root.apk here:http://www.multiupload.com/9NLHPR6P46
After the reboot your have root!
Simpler alternative exploid ROOT method (X10Root.apk) for your Xperia Mini Pro
NOTE: I see no reason why this should not also work on the E10i (Xperia Mini)
I came across this method last week and tried it over the weekend. I had success with this simple method, and used the app Terminal Emulator to test – I did get root # but was unable to delete peggle.apk from the system/app folder, I got the error “Permission Denied”. I think I need to do a CHMOD command to change the permission to allow this to work. When I get a chance to retest it I will report back and update this entry.
1. Download this APK and install it on your device by running it through a file manager. It would be a good idea to download this using the Browser on your device
2. You might have to enable third-part-apps if you haven’t done it already
3. After installation run the app and follow onscreen instructions
4. I found tapping on the screen where the outputs are running reverses the ROOT (unroots) so avoid doing that, once it has finished press the HOME button
5. Download Terminal Emulator from the Market (or another terminal app) and test it out!
Download APK here:http://www.mediafire.com/?572zc2x66st4prv
How To: Enable third-party apps on your Android 1.6 phone
If you enable this feature you can download apps from “unknown sources” such as websites, other Market apps or transfer them between Android phones and be able to install them.
There is a bit of a risk because some of these apps are not Google Market “approved” so if you don’t know what an app does or who it is made by, there is a risk. Use your best judgement rather than impulse downloads and installations – Google check reviews on apps beforehand.
How to enable third-party app installation on your Android phone:
1. Go to Settings
2. Touch Applications
3. Touch Unknown Sources (so the tick is white) – this enables the feature
NOTE: This method is for Android 1.6 but may be the same/similar on newer Android versions.
Would be great to hear how you get on with this.
pa hit na lang kung naka tulong!
Note: This is not my work but tested po ito. i want to share lang!