Welcome back, Guest!
Register
Forgot your Password?

Hello, Guest! Welcome to Symbianize Forum.

Most of our features and services are available only to our members. So we encourage you to login or join us by registering a new account. Registration is free, fast, and simple. You only need to provide a valid email address so we can minimize spammers. As a Symbianize member you'll have the following privileges:

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Arrow Samsung Galaxy 5 (GT-I5500/I5503) CyanogenMod 7.1 Port

Note: basahin po muna ng mabuti kung gusto nyu na walang palya ang gagawin nyong pag a update..
    Hit Thanks if my post is very useful .n_n.

with the power of

Important: From version 0.7 onwards, flashing via Odin is no longer supported. You must install ClockworkMod to use this ROM. Instructions are below.
    CyanogenMod 7.1 (RC1) "Galaxy 5" Port
    Current release: v0.9 [15 July 2011]
    Current hotfix: v0.9 hotfix6 [20 July 2011]

This is a port of Cyanogen 7.1RC1 (based on Android Gingerbread 2.3.4) for the Samsung Galaxy 5 I5500 (Europa) phone. The current port status is beta - most functions work, but it may not be suitable for everyday use unless you can live without the missing features (see errata below).

Special thanks to Motafoca for starting Cyanogen development, and for his constant assistance.

Installation Part A - First Time Users:

•Install [Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.].
    •Visit the Basebands thread and install the latest [Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.] available for your region.

Installation Part B - Backup (optional):

•Reboot into ClockworkMod. You can do this via adb reboot recovery, or by choosing the Reboot -> Recovery menu if you are already using CyanogenMod.
    •Choose the option backup and restore -> Backup, and wait for the process to complete.
    •If you are upgrading from Eclair, Froyo or an early Cyanogen version, you need to data-wipe. Go to wipe data/factory reset, scroll down to Yes and wait for the wipe to complete.

Installation Part C - Flashing Full Update Package:

•Reboot into ClockworkMod. You can do this via adb reboot recovery, or by choosing the Reboot -> Recovery menu if you are already using CyanogenMod.
    •Choose the option install update from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard. You will see the two (or three) .zip files in the list.
    •You must install the two (or three, if you have a hotfix) files in this exact order:
    -The "full" update package, that's written update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-MADTEAM-vX.X-signed.zip
    -If it exists, the hotfix package, which is written vX.X-hotfixX.zip
    -The Google Apps package, named gapps-gb-DATE-signed.zip
    •Once all packages are installed, you can now reboot.

Latest Release:

Full update package: [Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.]
    Hotfix package: [Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.]
    Note: Hotfix packages are cumulative, so you only need to flash the newest version.
    Google Apps package: [Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.]
    Note: This package only includes Market, Talk, & Books - the rest must be downloaded from the Market. Do not try to flash the full Google Apps package from other locations, as our phone's /system partition does not have the space. If you do this, ClockworkMod will not give errors, but your Google Apps installation will be corrupt.

Latest Changelog:
    v0.9 - 15 July 2011:
    Data wipe?: not needed.
    Known issue: it's very fast...
    Known issue (really): cannot hang up calls. Fixed with hotfix 1.
    Hotfix6 [20 July]: Framework: reverted to wpa_supplicant v5 with patch for reconnect issue. Wifi is now 100% stable, including reconnect from idle .
    Hotfix5 [20 July]: Boot: increased mad2sd reliability. Framework: now using patched wpa_supplicant_6. This appears to almost completely fix wifi reconnection, but the reconnection may not happen unless you open the Settings -> Wifi menu for some reason. I'll continue troubleshooting, but in the meantime this is a big improvement.
    Hotfix4 [19 July]: Boot: fixed problem with mad2sd script (some people could not activate); fixed incorrect ramzswap module loading. Kernel: really add smartass 122Mhz sound fix (please re-test again). Wifi: backported some patches from 2.6.35 kernel to increase stability of ar6000 module. Framework: replaced Samsung wpa_supplicant with Cyanogen version (it was causing Google account sign-in problems, and it's just Samsung's dhcpcd that's required to improve wifi stability).
    Hotfix3 [19 July]: Boot: improved init/mad2sd scripts to prevent bootloop problem for some users; ensure /system is mounted read-only. Framework: replaced wpa_supplicant & dhcpcd binaries with Samsung versions - fixes all problems with slow/unreliable wifi (re)connection.
    Hotfix2b [19 July]: Framework: increased Dalvik VM heapsize to 24mb (can improve game performance and fix rare force-close problems with Market and other apps). Kernel: smartass scheduler tweak to fix TuneIn Radio distortion during sleep (please set your minimum CPU frequency back to 122Mhz & re-test); moved some kernel modules from ramdisk to /system (reclaims 5mb RAM); disabled loading of RFS modules (reclaims 5mb RAM); fixed lowmemorykiller properties to avoid unnecessary task killing; re-added compcache module. Please make sure you have version "2b", as the original hotfix2 was buggy.
    Hotfix1 [16 July]: fixes call hangup bug. We were missing some Samsung RIL files.
    Kernel: backported 2.6.35 KGSL & DRM drivers.
    WiFi: now using ar6000.ko built from source; should solve sleep of death, but connecting/reconnecting is still not 100% perfect.
    Framework: fixed incorrect cellular network signal reporting.
    Framework: replaced all adreno200 libs with Samsung Ace Gingerbread versions.
    Framework: removed all graphics workarounds.
    Updated Cyanogen source.
    Summary: this release has significantly better graphics performance and more stable wifi.

Further Information (errata)

Not working / TODO:
    ROM Manager - our phone's version of ClockworkMod is not supported yet.
    FM Radio
    SIM Toolkit (menus will display, but options/commands do not process properly when selected).
    Some audio/video codecs (needed for media playback and certain commercial games)
    Troubleshoot battery drains
    Wifi not reconnecting properly after sleep. Workaround: install Blade Wifi Fix from market, or set wifi sleep policy to "never".
    Not working / WONTFIX:
    Kies. Don't expect Kies to support any custom ROMS.
    Service/GPS mode. Cyanogen does not support these hidden menus.

Before you ask...
    Aside from my addition of the mad2sd script, I have no interest or intention to further "mod" the ROM with any kind of hacks or customizations (like custom apps, themes, etc.). My only aim is to have a 100% stable port of Cyanogen code. Any such requests will be ignored.

"source MAD TEAM"
    Last edited by wilsonJR; 2nd Aug 2011 at 17:43.

Default Re: CyanogenMod 7.1 "Galaxy5" Port

Last edited by wilsonJR; 2nd Aug 2011 at 17:34.

Default Re: CyanogenMod 7.1 "Galaxy5" Port

Reserved

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy 5 (GT-I5500/I5503) CyanogenMod 7.1 Port

Reserved

Pray Re: Samsung Galaxy 5 (GT-I5500/I5503) CyanogenMod 7.1 Port

gusto ko ibalik ang 2.2froyo ko...sana may maka tulong kung pano..tnx

boss tanong lang ah.. SGA phone ko.. paano mag install ng CWM 4.*?

nag stotock ako sa pag flash ng bagong CWM using ODIN

anyone naka experience nito?

Boss wala pa ba update dito?? Wala pa stable version kasi dami pa bugs daw nito eh??

Old version na ito o.O

sir bat ganito, nagpa-flash ako ngayon ng cwm v0.6 pero walang nangyayari 42 mins na eto parin yung nakalagay sa message ng odin.

<1> recovery.img download..

kung ika-cancel ko to wala bang mayayari sa cp ko?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast