Welcome back, Guest!
Register
Forgot your Password?

Hello, Guest! Welcome to Symbianize Forum.

Most of our features and services are available only to our members. So we encourage you to login or join us by registering a new account. Registration is free, fast, and simple. You only need to provide a valid email address so we can minimize spammers. As a Symbianize member you'll have the following privileges:

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Unlocking

Where can I find a step-by-step guide to unlocking my iPhone?

Can I unlock my iPhone via Ultrasn0w?

Basebands Currently Unlockable with ultrasn0w

iPhone 4

iPhone 3G/3GS

06.15.00**

Basebands Currently NOT Unlockable with ultrasn0w

iPhone 4

iPhone 3G/3GS

05.16.xx

** iPad baseband option, will result in loss of GPS, warranty and cannot be downgraded. You should check this blog post about this.

How can I install Ultrasn0w on my iPhone without Wi-Fi?

• Got yourself in a pickle, eh? No wi-fi available, and you can't connect to the data network because you need ultrasnow?
    • You have to install ultrasn0w using iPhone Explorer / diskaid / ifunbox Here's the ultrasn0w.deb file
    • Put the ultrasn0w.deb in var/root/Media/Cydia/AutoInstall If the Cydia/AutoInstall directory is not there, then you create one.
    • Lastly, Reboot.

Note: Ultrasn0w has a dependency on mobilesubstrate, so if this is not installed on your device (if this is a fresh jailbreak it will not) then you need to download mobilesubstrate_0.9.3367 and install it the same way explained for Ultrasn0w, this should be done before installing Ultrasn0w itself.

What is hacktivation? How can I hacktivate?

• When an iPhone is started for the first time or freshly after a full restore, the phone serial number and imei is checked against a database in Apple to make sure its allowed to work with the SIM card inserted, this also activated push notification to the iPhone.
    • iPhones that are locked, will only activate when the official SIM card of the providing carrier is inserted, Apple can recognize this from the SIM ID (ICCID) and the SIM IMSI.
    • Therefore Activation opens access to all functions of the iPhone except accepting another carrier SIM card which is controlled by the Baseband (baseband runs the low level phone functions).
    • If official SIM card is not available, an iPhone can be hacktivated to allow access to the iPhone functions and springboard, hacktivation is supported when creating custom firmware files (using sn0wbreeze) or some jailbreaking tools such as redsn0w.
    • Note that notifications do not work with hacktivated devices unless you use the Subscriber Artificial Module (SAM) to simulate an official SIM card ID (ICCID) and IMSI.

How to use SAM to get proper activation of my iPhone?

First install SAM from the repository http://repo.bingner.com

You need to know what carrier is your phone locked to, in automatic mode SAM assumes your iPhone is locked to AT&T, otherwise you need to do some guess work until you get it right if you don't know to which carrier is your phone locked.

You first need to enter SAM, it will notify you that you are hactivated and need to first De-Activate before proceeding, go to Utilities menu and select "De-Activate iPhone" a message will come up saying that stockifying succeeded, then go back to the SAM main menu.

You need to select the Method SAM should use to generate the simulated SIM ICCID and IMSI (this appears only after the De-Activation step above), the methods include:

• Auto Detect: will assume AT&T SIM
    • By Bundle Name: you can select from the various bundles across the world, then select the SIM ID prefix.
    • By Country and Carrier: you can select Country, then Carrier, then under SIM ID you can select any ID prefix.
    • Manual: You need to enter the correct ICCID and IMSI numbers

Once the Method is selected, make sure Enabled is switched ON. Connect your iPhone to iTunes and you will see the status bar telling you that it is contacting apple server, and if you have selected the correct settings you will see the message that you have successfuly activated your iPhone.

Other options in SAM include:

• Copying (Spoofing) ICCID and IMSI of an actual physical SIM card (perhaps you borrow it from a friend)
    • Backing up activation in case you don't want to remember the settings.
    • Restoring of activation from a back-up

What's the point of installing the iPad baseband (06.15.00) on my iPhone 3G/3G[S]?

• It gives you the ability to unlock the phone but at a cost. First of all you MUST stick to the baseband, so everytime you upgrade the phone you can only use a custom firmware. Second of all, you most probably will lose GPS, in which case you can only make use of cellular and WiFi triangulation for applications to get approximate location information. If you're a jailbreaker for life and you don't use GPS usually, this is for you. If not, you may wanna think about this.
    • Recent tweets from MuscleNerd found here and here suggest that upgrading to iPad baseband will form the stepping stone to downgrading to an unlockable original baseband, he is 99% sure this will be the way when he gets time to work on it.

How to unlock the Verizon iPhone to another CDMA carrier?

Read this

I just got Gevey SIM and have some issues with it.

Unofficial Gevey FAQ

If your iPhone 4 has custom firmware, the GEVEY Sim adapter will not work. You must restore your iPhone 4 to the original iPhone 4 Firmware. (Unofficial)

If after booting up the iPhone 4, and you do not see the "accept" screen, make sure you have an active sim and that it is correctly inserted in your iPhone.

Is it illegal to dial 112 to unlock my iPhone?
    IT IS NOT ILLEGAL to dial 112. You're not suppose to connect the call nor wait long enough to let it ring!

What is GEVEY sim?
    Gevey Sim is an unlock solution for iPhone 4 iOS 4.0, 4.1, 4.2, 4.2.1, 4.3 ,4.3.1, 4.3.2, 4.3.3, 4.3.4, 4.3.5, 5.0, 5.0.1 with baseband 01.59, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10.1

Do I need to Jailbreak my iPhone?
    No Jailbreak is require.
    Note: if your iPhone is jailbroken and you are using GEVEY sim, do not do a reset to erase all data and settings.

Will I need to cut my sim card?
    Yes, you have to cut your simcard to fit the provided GEVEY sim tray.

Is this unlock stable?
    Yes, it is very stable.

How easy is it to install and setup GEVEY sim?
    GEVEY sim setup and installation is very simple. Instruction is included with every GEVEY sim purchases.

Do I need leave the GEVEY sim in my iPhone4?
    Yes, if you want to remain unlock and be able to use your iPhone4 with any carrier.

If you turn off the phone, do I have to redo the procedure?
    Yes

If I go out of my coverage area and lose signal will I have to redo the procedure?
    No, you phone is still unlock.

Will this work for Boost Mobile?
    No, it does not work on Boost Mobile, Metro PCS, nor Verizon

Will GEVEY sim interfer with my iOS or application setting?
    No

Does 3G and GPRS work?
    Yes, it can if you have a data plan ith your carrier. Not all carrier will work with 3G services, but all carrier will work with GPRS or EDGE.

How can I test if push notifications work on my iDevice?

• Other than use an application that relies on push, you can use the AppStore application iPush Test. All three tests should pass.
    • There is also a Cydia App called MiTime that diagnoses both push notifications as well as FaceTime registeration (you need to have the repo http://cydia.pushfix.info/). Note that MiTime offers a paid service to activate FaceTime, the test part however requires no purchase.

After jailbreaking and installing ultrasn0w, my Verizon iPhone gets no service when locked.

Answer: Don't install ultrasn0w on a Verizon iPhone, it doesn't unlock it and is going to lead to a lot of problems, if you already have, restore, rejailbreak, and don't install it again.

What do I need to know about installing the iPad baseband (06.15.00) to unlock my iPhone 3G/3GS?

It gives you the ability to unofficially unlock the phone to use it on a different carrier, but it is not compatible with recently-manufactured iPhone 3GS devices, and it causes a number of technical problems even on compatible devices. There is now a way to downgrade the iPad baseband to an earlier baseband to avoid those technical problems.

Compatibility details:
    The iPad baseband will damage iPhone 3GSes that are later than approximately 2011 week 28 - you have a week 28 or later device if your serial number starts with xx128 (you can also use this web tool to check). During the span between 2011 week 28 and 2011 week 35, some devices are compatible with the iPad baseband and some aren't, so if you're feeling lucky you can take your chances. If you have an iPhone 3GS in this incompatible category, you can't unofficially unlock it.

Problems with having the iPad baseband installed:

1. Your phone will lose its native GPS capability. It will still be able to use cellular and WiFi triangulation to enable applications to get approximate location information (see hybrid positioning system and WiFi positioning system for more explanation).
    2. Every time you upgrade or restore the phone, you have to use custom firmware or else the upgrade/restore probably won't work. If the upgrade/restore does work, the device won't get service until you reinstall the iPad baseband.
    3. Having the iPad baseband on your iPhone 3G/3GS means that its warranty is void, so Apple may refuse to service or replace it if you run into problems. (The iPad baseband is obvious to Apple if they look at your phone.)

For more detailed warnings about installing the iPad baseband, see the Dev Team's original blog post about it. If you still want to do it, use the latest version of redsn0w (click "Jailbreak", select "Install iPad baseband", and after you're done install ultrasn0w from Cydia).

How to downgrade the iPad baseband to a better unlockable baseband:

As of redsn0w version 0.9.14b1, it can downgrade an iPhone 3G or 3GS from 6.15.00 to 05.13.04. This baseband is better because it supports GPS, only requires using custom firmware to upgrade/restore if you want to preserve the baseband, and allows you to restore the device to a seemingly-unmodified state (if you no longer want the device to be jailbroken or unofficially unlocked). [TUT] Downgrade iPhone 3G & 3G 06.15 baseband

Can I get some help with using Gevey SIM?

We don't have much support for Gevey here -- it's not free, and most of the mods don't have any experience with it anyway. Most importantly, using Gevey SIMs requires calling emergency numbers (and then hanging up), which is of questionable legality, which means we don't support doing that. See MuscleNerd's tweet about this.

If you jailbreak your phone and use FuriousMod along with Gevey Ultra, you don't have to manually dial emergency numbers, so you have a smaller chance of error. We recommend this option.

If you purchased from an official seller (Gevey, Applenberry, or another one from this list), your best option is really to get support directly from them.

We definitely don't support fake/copy/clone versions (such as Pro Plus, Supreme, Turbo SIM, Ultra Turbo, etc.) - get support from whoever sold it to you, and not from here. Threads about fake/copy/clone versions may be closed or deleted.

How to choose a GEVEY™ to unlock your iPhone

• GEVEY Ultra unlocks your GSM iPhone 4 and will work for iOS version 4.1, 4.2, 4.2.1, 4.3, 4.3.1, 4.3.2, 4.3.3, 4.3.4, 4.3.5, 5.0*,5.0.1*,5.1* and 5.1.1* and must have modem firmware 1.59.00, 2.10.04, 3.10.01, 4.10.01. (Baseband version with 04.11.08, 04.12.01 is NOT able to unlock.)
    • GEVEY Ultra S(GSM) unlocks GSM iPhone 4S running iOS 5.0, 5.0.1, 5.1 and 5.1.1. (Not able to unlock a CDMA iPhone 4S)
    • GEVEY Ultra S(CDMA) unlocks GSM iPhone 4S running iOS 5.0, 5.0.1, 5.1 and 5.1.1 (with modern firmware 01.0.13 and 02.0.12) and will also unlock jailbroken CDMA iPhone 4S running iOS 5.0, 5.0.1 and 5.1.1.(with modern firmware 01.0.13 and 02.0.12)
    Last edited by marvin378; 5th Sep 2012 at 09:23.

Default Cydia

What Third-Party Repositories are safe to add to Cydia, what do they contain, and how?

You generally do not need to add more sources. Cydia comes pre-installed with three default community sources: BigBoss (specializing in providing tons of popular and reliable tweaks and modifications), ModMyi (containing a zillion themes, many of them high-quality), and ZodTTD/MacCiti (containing fun/silly themes and games). When anybody develops or designs a cool new thingy, he or she can submit it to one these sources and generally have it published and available to everybody who uses Cydia. (Cydia also comes with the ultrasn0w repository and also Telesphoreo Tangelo, which is saurik's source with tweaks he developed and some developer tools etc.)

Adding more sources beyond those is at your own risk and not recommended. It's like stepping out into the ocean -- you can do it, but there might be rocks and broken packages hidden beneath the water. But you can find some suggestions by tapping "More Package Sources" on the Cydia homepage. (Tip: if you accidentally uninstall one of the default community sources, you can reinstall it by going to More Package Sources.)

If you really want to add a custom third-party repository, such as a developer's repository with beta packages, here's how: in Cydia, go to Manage and choose Sources. Then tap Edit and Add. Enter the URL of the repository in the popup, tap Add Source, and then wait while it updates. You may then tap on the newly added repository to see what packages it contains.

Here is a list of some additional third-party repositories that are known to not contain objectionable (pirated) material:

The following require special treatment and cannot be installed directly in Cydia. In most cases this involves: SSH to your device, create a text file in /private/etc/apt/sources.list.d/ containing "deb" followed by the URL and any required additional information, and then it should show up next time you run Cydia.

CoreDev.nl - "deb http://coredev.nl/cydia/ iphone main" - Mostly Perl-related development packages.

I'm adding a repo and I get a message about it being illegal. What do I do?

You're adding a repository that pirates software. Pay attention to the warning that you get:

This repository has been reported by the community to be illegally redistributing copyrighted works.

We cannot stop you from using it, but we can (and do) recommend moral introspection and caution.

Please also keep in mind that illegal packages from untrusted sources are often outdated and unstable.

What you do regarding adding those sources is your business -- Cydia is an open platform that does not impose a point of view on you -- but keep in mind you are taking on responsibility, risk, and potential guilt. Anything you download from pirate sources is much more likely to contain bugs and maybe even malware. Remember, people work very hard to make your software, both App Store apps and Cydia tweaks and themes.

I open Cydia and it says my TSS request is pending. What does this mean?

• It means that Cydia is going through requests, allowing SHSH blobs to be saved. Simply, this means that it's saving a signature so in the future, you could restore to the firmware that the blob is being saved for. Cydia is constantly checking them however, so if you want you may save the blobs locally and through Cydia, you can by plugging your device into your computer and using TinyUmbrella.
    • You can also install the iSHSHit package on your iOS device, which will let you generate and email SHSH blobs for an additional backup, but you should then get those emailed SHSHs and import them to TinyUmbrella, as SHSHs for themselves can't help you restoring.

There are themes/tweaks/utilities available for purchase on Cydia. How do I make a purchase on Cydia?

• To make a purchase on Cydia, you need at least 2 separate accounts. You first need either a GMail account or a Facebook account and an Amazon account or PayPal account. You need to go on the Cydia home page and click on Manage Account and sign in with either Facebook or GMail. Then you could go to the page of the tweak and select "Purchase" or if the device has a trial, the "Purchase Comercial Package" down on the page. You then enter how you want to pay (through Amazon or PayPal), and how much money you wish to deposit. "Why do you need Facebook or GMail?", you may ask. It's used to link devices to your account with Cydia and used to identify you every time you sign in on a different device. You may have as many devices linked to your account as you please.

Default General

Where's all the free stuff?

1: If I jailbreak, does it make everything in the App Store and iTunes free?

Nope, jailbreaking does not remove the requirement to pay for things that cost money. (Jailbreaking adds the freedom to do more with your device; it does not take away anything!) If you'd like to get a paid App Store app or iTunes song, you still have to go to the App Store or iTunes and buy it.

2: If I jailbreak my iPhone/iPod/iPad, does it give me wifi anywhere?

No, unfortunately jailbreaking isn't magical. Find your local Starbucks.

How to change SSH default password

Here’s how to change the default SSH password after installing OpenSSH:

1. If you don’t already have MobileTerminal installed, launch Cydia and tap the ‘Search’ tab in the bottom navigation bar. Find and install it.
    2. Open ‘MobileTerminal’ and once the terminal window appears type ‘su root’ and tap return. It will ask you for a password, enter ‘alpine’ and tap return again. (alpine is the default password to be changed)
    3. Now, type ‘passwd’ and then tap return. Type in a new password that only you know of and tap return. Retype the new password to confirm and then tap return one last time to change the password.

Now, your SSH password will be changed and your device will be protected against any future hacks that use SSH to access your device.

You can use the same commands if you use a computer based SSH client and connect to your iPhone, on the first connect the default password is alpine.

I wanna install Android on my iDevice, is that possible?

The answer is yes but only on one firmware and 3 devices, 4 if you want it badly enough. You must be on iOS 3.1.2, jailbroken via blackra1n, redsn0w, or PwnageTool. The only devices supported are the iPhone 2G, iPhone 3G, and the 1st generation iPod touch. It is also possible to install it on the 2nd generation iPod touch, but requires tweaking, and this device isn't supported.

See the iDroid Project.

What is SpringBoard?

SpringBoard is part of iOS that organizes the home screen and gives you all the options to actions your iDevice can do such as creating folders, changing home screen wallpapers, installing applications, and when you're jailbroken, Activator for SBSettings.

Restarting the user interface without rebooting the phone is referred to as a respring.

What is WinterBoard?

WinterBoard is a Cydia package that allows theming, and is required for 99% of the currently available themes.

What is SummerBoard?

SummerBoard was an earlier theming support package, mostly at this point replaced entirely by WinterBoard.

Does my iDevice Serial Number hold any significance?

Yes, a serial number can be broken down into: aa b cc ddd ee f

aa = Factory and Machine ID (This would be 5K for refurbished devices)

b = Year indicator (8=2008, 9=2009, 0=2010, 1=2011)

cc = Production Week #

ddd = Unique Identifier

ee = Color Indicator (unique per model type)

f = size indicator (unique per model type)

You get specific information for your device if you put in your serial number in the following site http://www.chipmunk.nl/klantenservice/applemodel.html

How to find UDID for my iDevice

The UDID is a 40-character string unique to each iPhone/iPod touch. The UDID is needed for ad-hoc distribution applications as well to be registered with developer account with Apple. Typically you will need to e-mail the UDID to the application provider, so they can generate an ad-hoc mobile profile for your iPhone/iPod touch.

To find your iPhone/iPod touch UDID:

1. Connect the iPhone/iPod Touch to the computer, iTunes will sync with the iPhone/iPod Touch
    2. In iTunes, select your iPhone/iPod touch from the DEVICES list
    3. Select the Summary tab
    4. In the top section of the window, find and click on the entry labled Serial Number, the entry will change to Identifier and display a 40-character string (the UDID)
    5. To copy the UDID, open the Edit menu and select Copy (no need to select or highlight the UDID string)
    6. You can now paste the UDID string in whatever application you need

(credit for above goes to RF.com)

An alternative method is through the Windows Device Manager, with your device connected check under "Universal Serial Bus controller" for the "Apple Mobile Device USB Driver" double click it to get the properties window then go to the details tab and from the drop down menue select the "Device Instance Path", the last 40 characters in the Value window is your connected UDID.

I installed Frash and it's not working.

Frash is not supported. It works, at your own risk and sometimes not very well, on firmware versions up to 4.1. Past that it does not work at all.

Where are the Clock, Calculator, Compass, Stocks, Voice Memos, and Weather apps on the iPad and iPad 2?

Apple decided that these apps aren't good enough to include on their flagship product and left you to fend for yourself finding replacements in the App Store.

But if you have an iPhone, you can use SSH or other methods to copy the application folders from your iPhone to your iPad 2's /Applications folder and respring. The only non-obvious one is MobileTimer (clock). If you did it correctly you should see new icons. Important: be sure both devices are running the same iOS version.

All of these are still iPhone apps so they run in legacy mode. (Note that the Voice Memos app doesn't work.)

How to enable Voice Control on iPad 1 and 2

To enable this for iPad2 is a 2 step process, first editing the plist file to enable the feature and the second is to copy the Voice Recognition patterns to their correct locations.

plist file and location:
    iPad2 WiFi: /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/K93AP.plist
    iPad2 3G/GSM: /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/K94AP.plist
    iPad2 3G/CDMA: /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/K95AP.plist
    iPad 1G (3G and WiFi): /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/K48AP.plist

You can edit the plist file straight on your device using iFile (get it from Cydia) or on your computer using a plist editor (google a free one, examples PlistEdit pro (Mac) & plist Editor for Windows).

You need to edit the correct plist file for your device to add a Boolean "voice-control" and set its value to Yes or True (depends on your plist edit software) this Boolean should be added under the "capabilities" area/section, alternatively by a text editor add the following lines under the "capabilities" block:

<key>voice-control</key>
    <true/>

If editing your plist file on your computer, you need to place it back to your iPad2 (always make backups of original files before overwriting).

For the second step you need to install the Voice Recognition pattern files, the easiest way is to get them from www.pepper.net repo, they are labeled as "iPad/iPod Voice Services RecognitionResources". If the tweak is not on the repo, or you have trouble downloading it on your mobile then you can manually copy the required files just download this file and extract the RecognitionResources folder and use iFunBox to copy the entire folder into the path /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/VoiceServices.framework/

Once done with above two steps, respring your SpringBoard, if you don't know what that is, just shut your iPad OFF, and then let it start/boot again.

Default Jailbreak iOS5

Jailbreaking iOS 5.1.1

iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPad 3rd generation, and earlier devices (iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 1, and iPod touch 3rd and 4th generation) running iOS 5.1.1 can be jailbroken untethered using Absinthe or redsn0w — both tools provide the same jailbreak. redsn0w may work more reliably; if one tool gives you error messages and does not successfully jailbreak your device, try the other tool. Please backup your device with iTunes before jailbreaking, just in case anything goes wrong.

If you have a device already jailbroken tethered on iOS 5.1.1 (such as an iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 1, or iPod touch 3rd and 4th generation), install "Rocky Racoon 5.1.1 Untether" from Cydia.

Absinthe jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1 untethered on iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPad 3rd generation, and earlier devices:

Download Absinthe 2.0.4 to your desktop and run it - see Chronic Dev Team for downloads for OS X, Windows, and Linux.

If Absinthe isn't working: try backing up your data, restoring your device with iTunes, and attempting the jailbreak again. On Windows, make sure to run Absinthe as administrator and in XP compatibility mode (as described below for redsn0w), make sure you're opening the right file, and temporarily disable any antivirus/firewall programs you have running. If things still aren't working, you might consider using a different computer to jailbreak your device.

redsn0w jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1 untethered on iPhone 4S, iPad 2, iPad 3rd generation, and earlier devices:

• Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed.
    • Download the latest version of redsn0w (redsn0w 0.9.14b1) for your operating system: Windows or OS X.
    • Unzip redsn0w and run it. Do not run it from inside the zip; instead, extract it to the desktop. OS X users, skip to the next section. For Windows users: You will need to run it as Administrator, in XP Service Pack 3 (2 if on Vista) compatibility mode. Do this by right-clicking the redsn0w.exe file, Properties, Compatibility tab, select Windows XP (Service Pack X [choose 3 if there, otherwise 2]). Then check the box at the bottom labeled Run this program as an administrator. It should look something like this screenshot. Click OK. Also try temporarily disabling any antivirus or firewall programs, such as AVG or Avast, if redsn0w doesn't seem to work. Windows XP only: Click redsn0w.exe on your desktop once to select it, and then hold down the Shift key and right-click redsn0w.exe. You'll see a contextual menu from which you can select Run as... and then choose an administrator account.

Note: For some devices, redsn0w may complain that it's unable to identify your build (or says "no identifying data fetched"), or your device may seem to simply reboot without jailbreaking, and in these cases you should try specifying the IPSW (firmware file) for your device. To specify the IPSW file, open redsn0w and click Extras, then Select IPSW and navigate to the IPSW for the iOS version on your device.

For non-A5 devices, redsn0w will give you the choice of using the Absinthe-style method (which does not require DFU mode but takes a long time if the device has a lot of data on it) or the traditional limera1n-based ramdisk method (which includes checkboxes for installing Cydia and/or the iPad baseband, and which "hacktivates" your non-A5 device if it is in an unactivated state). Both methods provide the same jailbreak.

• Click the "Jailbreak" button in redsn0w. Your device needs to be connected to your computer at this point. At the next step, choose "Install Cydia" only, and follow the instructions.
    • After the jailbreak is complete, open up Cydia and wait for it to download the latest package data from its repositories - you'll know it's done after "Reloading Data" shows up for a few seconds and disappears. Then you can install anything you like!
    • iPhone 3GS notes: If you're trying to jailbreak an iPhone 3GS and redsn0w doesn't work, make sure you've clicked the correct choice when redsn0w asks if your device has an "old" or "newer (fixed)" bootrom. (In other words, try the process again and choose the other option.) If you're trying to jailbreak an iPhone 3GS and also make it unlockable using the iPad baseband, redsn0w may crash if you install both Cydia and the iPad baseband at the same time. If you're seeing this problem, you can work around it by going through the jailbreaking process once just installing Cydia, and then a second time just installing the iPad baseband.

sn0wbreeze jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1 untethered on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 1, and iPod touch 3rd and 4th generation:

• Make sure you have the latest version of iTunes installed.
    • Download the latest version of sn0wbreeze from http://ih8sn0w.com/ - currently sn0wbreeze 2.9.5 (Windows only).
    • Download the stock iOS 5.1.1 firmware (IPSW file) for your device.
    • Run sn0wbreeze. Browse to (or drag and drop) the stock IPSW file onto sn0wbreeze. You should get a picture of your device and it should say "Verified." Click next.
    • If you use a software unlock (ultrasn0w), and don't have the original carrier's sim for activation, choose Expert, select "Activate the phone (hacktivate)," leave everything else as-is, and hit the next arrow twice. Otherwise, choose "Simple."
    • Select "Build IPSW." This will take a while. You can play Pac-Man or just wait.
    • When the build is done, sn0wbreeze will walk you through the process of putting your device into PWNED DFU mode. This is different from normal DFU and is necessary when restoring custom firmware.
    • Open iTunes. Click OK to the prompt saying your device is in recovery mode (iTunes calls this DFU recovery mode). Hold the shift key and click the Restore button in iTunes. Navigate to your desktop and select the sn0wbreeze IPSW file. This will take several minutes. When it's finished, you are jailbroken.

PwnageTool jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1 untethered on iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad 1, and iPod touch 3rd and 4th generation:

• Make sure you have the latest iTunes installed.
    • Download PwnageTool 5.1.1
    • Download the stock iOS 5.1.1 firmware (IPSW file) for your device. Alternatively you can look for the IPSW file on your hard drive (it may already be there).
    • Open PwnageTool
    • Select Expert Mode from the top of the PwnageTool Window.
    • Select your device and click on the Next Arrow.
    • Browse for the 5.1.1 IPSW.
    • Build IPSW and restore to it in PWNED DFU Mode.

Jailbreaking iOS 5.0 / 5.0.1

For iPad 2 and iPhone 4S, you cannot yet jailbreak on iOS 5. For news, follow pod2g's blog.

All other devices (capable of running iOS 5.0.1 of course) can be jailbroken, untethered. (iOS 5.0 can only be jailbroken tethered at the moment. If you don't know what tethered means, see this FAQ entry.)

From the Dev Team blog (the Cydia untether is called Corona, just search for it in Cydia): "If you’re already at 5.0.1 with a tethered jailbreak, you have two choices: either run redsn0w 0.9.10 over your current jailbreak (deselect “Install Cydia” if you do that), or install the Cydia package prepared by the chronic devteam. The patches are the same regardless of which you choose."

How to jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 untethered:

redsn0w (Mac and Windows)

• Download redsn0w 0.9.10b3 for your operating system:Windows 7 / Vista | Windows XP | Mac
    • Unzip redsn0w and run it. (For Windows users: Do not run it from inside the zip; instead, extract it to the desktop. You will need to run it as Administrator, in XP Service Pack 3 (2 if on Vista) compatibility mode. Do this by right-clicking the redsn0w.exe file, Properties, Compatibility tab, select Windows XP (Service Pack X [choose 3 if there, otherwise 2]). Then check the box at the bottom labeled Run this program as an administrator. It should look something like this screenshot. Click OK. Also try temporarily disabling any antivirus or firewall programs, such as AVG or Avast, if redsn0w doesn't seem to work.) Windows XP only: Click redsn0w.exe on your desktop once to select it, and then hold down the Shift key and right-click redsn0w.exe. You'll see a contextual menu from which you can select Run as... and then choose an administrator account.

Note: For some devices, redsn0w may complain that it's unable to identify your build (or says "no identifying data fetched"), so you may need to specify the IPSW (firmware file) for your device. To specify the IPSW file, open redsn0w and click Extras, then Select IPSW and navigate to the IPSW for the iOS version on your device. You may already have this file - see this FAQ entry for where to look for it.

• Click the "Jailbreak" button in redsn0w. Your device needs to be connected to your computer at this point. At the next step, choose "Install Cydia" only, and follow the instructions.

sn0wbreeze (Windows only).

This jailbreak is still tethered for iOS 5.0 and 5.0.1:

• Download sn0wbreeze 2.8b11
    • Download the stock iOS 5.0.1 firmware (IPSW file) for your device. If you updated to iOS 5.0.1 already, you should have this file on your hard drive. See this FAQ entry for information on its location.
    • Run sn0wbreeze. Browse to (or drag and drop) the stock IPSW file onto sn0wbreeze. You should get a picture of your device and it should say "Verified." Click next.
    • If you use a software unlock (ultrasn0w), and don't have the original carrier's sim for activation, choose Expert, select "Activate the phone (hacktivate)," leave everything else as-is, and hit the next arrow twice. Otherwise, choose "Simple."
    • Select "Build IPSW." This will take a while. You can play Pac-Man or just wait.
    • When the build is done, sn0wbreeze will walk you through the process of putting your device into PWNED DFU mode. This is different from normal DFU and is necessary when restoring custom firmware.
    • Open iTunes. Click OK to the prompt saying your device is in recovery mode (iTunes calls this DFU recovery mode). Hold the shift key and click the Restore button in iTunes. Navigate to your desktop and select the sn0wbreeze ipsw file. This will take several minutes. When it's finished, close iTunes but do not attempt to run Cydia. It will not work yet.
    • On your desktop you will find a new folder titled "iBooty-for-5.0.1" Open it. Run iBooty. Wait out the one-time countdown. Click "Select your device" and, you guessed it, select your device. Click Start and follow the instructions. This is the tethered boot and this must be done immediately after the jailbreak, and every single time you reboot or power on the device thereafter.

Pwnagetool (Mac only)

(thanks @raviraj for finishing this part)

• Download Pwnagetool 5.0.1
    • Download the stock iOS 5.0.1 firmware (IPSW file) for your device. If you updated to iOS 5.0.1 already, you should have this file on your hard drive. See this FAQ entry for information on its location.
    • Open Pwnagetool
    • Select Expert Mode from the top of the Pwnagetool Window
    • Select your Device, Click on the Next Arrow
    • Browse for the 5.0.1 IPSW
    • Build IPSW and restore to it in PWNED DFU Mode.

Jailbreaking iOS 5 (Tethered)

For iPad 2 and iPhone 4S, you cannot yet jailbreak on iOS 5. For news, follow the Dev Team Blog.

All other devices (capable of running iOS 5 of course) can be jailbroken, tethered, with the only exception being the iPhone 3GS with old boot ROM, which can be jailbroken untethered. If you don't know what tethered means, see this FAQ entry.

How to jailbreak iOS 5:

• Download redsn0w 0.9.9b9 for your operating system. Windows or Mac.
    • Unzip redsn0w to your desktop and run it. Windows users will need to run it as Administrator, in XP Service Pack 3 (2 if on Vista) compatibility mode. If you're running Windows XP, obviously XP compatibility mode is not needed.
    • Click the "Jailbreak" button in redsn0w. Your device needs to be connected at this point. At the next step, choose "Install cydia" only, and follow the instructions.
    • After the jailbreak is complete, you must re-run redsn0w, click the "Extras" button then the "Just Boot" botton and follow the instructions. You will have to do this every time you reboot or power on the device.

Jailbreaking iOS 4.3.5 (most devices) / 4.2.10 (Verizon iPhone 4) (Tethered)

For iPad 2, you cannot jailbreak on iOS 4.3.5.

All other devices (capable of running 4.3.5 / 4.2.10 of course) can be jailbroken at 4.3.5 / 4.2.10, tethered, with the only exception being the iPhone 3GS with old boot ROM, which can be jailbroken untethered. If you don't know what tethered means, see this FAQ entry

NOTE: If you have previously jailbroken the device in question, or it was previously owned, it may be possible to downgrade to an un-tetherable firmware. See this FAQ entry for details.

How to jailbreak tethered:

• Download redsn0w 0.9.9b9 for your operating system. Windows or Mac.
    • Unzip redsn0w to your desktop and run it. Windows users will need to run it as Administrator, in XP Service Pack 3 (2 if on Vista) compatibility mode. If you're running Windows XP, obviously XP compatibility mode is not needed.
    • Click the "Jailbreak" button in redsn0w. Your device needs to be connected at this point. At the next step, choose "Install cydia" only, and follow the instructions.
    • After the jailbreak is complete, you must re-run redsn0w, click the "Extras" button then the "Just Boot" botton and follow the instructions. You will have to do this every time you reboot or power on the device.
    Last edited by marvin378; 11th Jul 2012 at 11:02.

Wave Re: Jailbreak Links [iPhone, iPodTouch, iPad]

For iPads

Code:
    iPad 1
    iOS version:
    3.2.0 - SpiritJB - Jailbreakme.com
    3.2.1 - Jailbreakme.com
    3.2.2 - greenpois0n - limera1n
    4.2.1 - greenpois0n - RedSn0w - sn0wbreeze
    4.3.0 - Jailbreakme.com - sn0wbreeze - Redsn0w
    4.3.1 - Jailbreakme.com - sn0wbreeze - Redsn0w
    4.3.2 - Jailbreakme.com - sn0wbreeze - Redsn0w
    4.3.3 - Jailbreakme.com - sn0wbreeze - Redsn0w
    4.3.4 - RedSn0w (Tethered)
    4.3.5 - RedSn0w (Tethered)

iPad 2
    iOS version:
    4.3.0 - not jailbreakable
    4.3.1 - not jailbreakable
    4.3.2 - not jailbreakable
    4.3.3 - Jailbreakme.com
    4.3.4 - not jailbreakable
    4.3.5 - not jailbreakable
    5.0.0 - not jailbreakable
    5.0.1 - Absinthe
    5.1.0 - not jailbreakable
    5.1.1 - Absinthe - RedSn0w
    6.0.0 - evasi0n
    6.0.1 - evasi0n
    6.1.0 - evasi0n
    6.1.2 - evasi0n
    6.1.3 - not jailbreakable

iPad 3 (New iPad)
    iOS version:
    5.1.0 - not jailbreakable
    5.1.1 - Absinthe - RedSn0w
    6.0.0 - evasi0n
    6.0.1 - evasi0n
    6.1.0 - evasi0n
    6.1.2 - evasi0n

iPad 4
    iOS version:
    6.0.0 - evasi0n
    6.0.1 - evasi0n
    6.1.0 - evasi0n
    6.1.2 - evasi0n

iPad mini
    iOS version:
    6.0.0 - evasi0n
    6.0.1 - evasi0n
    6.1.0 - evasi0n
    6.1.2 - evasi0n
    Last edited by marvin378; 11th Sep 2013 at 23:30.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12