marami akong nalaman about sa biology ngayon o haynayan na ngayon ko lang nalaman, THANKS for this..
share ko lang din to about din sa biology...
- The heaviest known dinosaur is Ultrasaurus, whose remains were first discovered in 1979. Estimates put its weight at a massive 130 tons
- The greatwhite shark has been guilty of more unprovoked boat attacks in South African waters than any other shark. In one particular area, called False Bay, the great white has attacked eleven boats - more than in any other place in the world.
- The largest lizard in the world is the Komodomonitor lizard, also called the Komododragon. It only lives on four islans in Indonesia and can grow to 2.25 meters.
- The poison arrow frog lives up to its name. Its poison is so strong that a minute drop (about the size of grain of sugar) can kill a human being very quickly.
- Fungi are all around us - some are great food delicasies, some are source of life-saving drugs, while others can devastate crops and a few are so poisonous that they can kill.
Did you know that?
- If you fully stretch your arms out, the fingertip to fingertip length is almost exactly your body height.
- The Giant Kelp algea (Macrocystis pyrifera) is the fastest growing organism on earth and can grow at a rate of 70cm (two feet) a day.
- Some migratory birds have a "magnetic compass" in their body (a sense called Magnetoreception) to help them navigate using Earth's magnetic field.
- The Golden "Poison Dart" frog in South America is the most poisonous vertebrate in the world.
- You shed and regrow your skin every 28 days, that's about 1000 times in a lifetime.
Last edited by deeeeee; 10th Jul 2012 at 10:34.
ang ganda. Nice thread. Nabuhay ang interest ko sa biology.
eto share ko ulit.
- Cats have over one hundred vocal sounds,while dogs only have about ten.
- The common goldfish is the only animal that can see both infrared and ultraviolet light.
- There are only three animals with blue tongues,the black bear,chow chow dog and the blue tongued lizard.
- Camel's milk does not curdle.
- Many hamsters only blink one eye at a time.
- It takes a lobster approximately seven years to grow to be one pound.
eto ulit pa share...
- The world's tallest man was the American RobertWadlow. When he died in 1940, he measured 2.72m (8 feet 11 inches) tall and was still growing.
- The first heart transplant operation was carried out by Professor Christian Barnard in Cape Town, South Africa, in 1967. Sadly, the patient died after just eight days.
- Humans blink once or twice every 10 seconds. Each blink lasts for one third of a second. This means that during every 12-hour day, you will blink for a total of about 25 minutes. New-born babies do not blink at all - they begin when they are about six months old.
- A fruit which grows in West Africa is known as 'miracle fruit' because it makes sour foods taste sweet. It is thought that it contains a protein which stimulates the taste buds to report the presence of sweetness when confronted with acids.
- The tastes of salt and sweet are closer than you might think. A very high concentration of salt (known as a threshold concentration) tastes sweet.
up pa natin to more pa mga maam at sir
- share more, hehehe,.. -