ok, as the title says, I successfully rooted my brother's MyPhone A818 in one shot.. Hindi ko na po papatagalin.. bibigay ko ang buong procedure na ginawa ko kaya before po magtanong, MAGBASA PO MUNA, and please DON'T BE A LEECHER.. alam ko po na maraming naghahanap neto, so Let's Start..
Wait, before I start, MODS, please move to proper section
Rooting Disclaimer: I will not be held responsible for any brick, or problems you may experience in rooting your device. I am just sharing what I did to root the phone and it is SUCCESSFULL. And since there is no, (I think) way of backing up the Phone, DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. But I doubt that you will brick your phone.
UnlockRoot 2.3 (Download it [Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.])
Phone USB Driver (Download it [Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.])
Course, your MyPhone A818 (Download it [Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.]) << WTF?
NOTE: This is not for faint heart.
Threadstarter's Phone Information:
Kapag ang Kernel Version at Custom Build Version niyo ay di katulad ng sakin, chances are, this procedure will fail.. BUT you can always try.. SORRY sa mga di makakapag root..Code:Baseband version: MAUI.11AMD.W11.37.SP.V32, 2012/01/13 21:27 Kernel Version: 188.8.131.52 robinlaw@SW3Server #2 Thur Mar 1 20: 10: 12 HKT 2012 Build Number: ALPS.GB.FDD2.MP.V4.5 Custom Build Version PP_2G_PH.MYPHONE.A818_1.02.V11
Reminders before you start:
1. Remove your SD Card, kung ayaw niyo tanggalin, be sure na magagawa niyo yung screenies sa Step 2.
2. This has slipped my mind, DO THIS BEFORE YOU CONNECT YOUR PHONE
Start > Run > regedit > \HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Cur rentVersion
Double click DevicePath, then sa Value Data gawin niyong BLANK. BUT tandaan yung nkalagay dahil ibabalik niyo yun after mag root.
^ actually di ko to ginawa, but since may issue daw sa drivers, best na gawin to.
1. Install UnlockRoot 2.3.
2. Connect your MyPhone A818 to your PC.
Note: Be sure that you enable USB Debugging in your phone. (Settings > Application > Development > Tick USB Debugging.
3. Your PC will ask on how will you install the driver, choose "Install from a specific location" then navigate to where you extracted the drivers I gave you.
4. After installing the drivers for your phone, get back to UnlockRoot.
5. Click the "Root" then wait for your device to appear then choose it. Rooting takes place.
Note: Before Clicking Root, make sure that there is no Application using your phone, (apps like Nokia PC Suite).
6. After that, it will ask you if you want to have a battery saver app. Choice is yours. it doesn't affect the rooting.
7. Phone will reboot if you agree to reboot it.
8. Voila ! Phone is now Rooted. Download Root Checker on Market to see
Another way of rooting using SuperOneClick !
The Developer of UnlockRoot ^^
[Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.] - For trying everything
[Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.] - For giving another way of rooting
The Phone drivers I used was included in the CD that MyPhone have provided.
I'm using Windows XP SP3 DarkLite Edition.
FEEDBACKS will be much appreciated ^^