Welcome back, Guest!
Register
Forgot your Password?

Hello, Guest! Welcome to Symbianize Forum.

Most of our features and services are available only to our members. So we encourage you to login or join us by registering a new account. Registration is free, fast, and simple. You only need to provide a valid email address so we can minimize spammers. As a Symbianize member you'll have the following privileges:

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast

Default [ROOT][CWM+BB+BE][ICS 4.0.4]Sony Live w/ Walkman™(WT19i)

READ FIRST before posting here:
    • This is a rooting thread for Sony Live w/ Walkman™ with Android 4.0.4,Ice Cream Sandwich OS. If you're on Android 2.3.4 ,Gingerbread, and don't want to update to ICS, follow this [Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.].
    • Read this [Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.] first to know about rooting.
    • Any problems,discussions,etc. regarding root shall be posted here.
    • You can also check out our [Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.].
    • Please give proper credits if you want to repost any part of this thread.
      Link it to the
      [Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.].

Thank you.

-boyq

Rooting ICS 4.0.4 for Sony Live w/ Walkman™(WT19i) + CWM(ClockWorkMod) + BB(BusyBox)
    Note: This method is based on this thread in XDA: [Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.] by [Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.]
    Don't know what's rooting? Check: [Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.]
    Don't know what's CWM? Check: [Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.]
    Don't know what's BusyBox? Check: [Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.]

Requirement:

Instruction:

0. DISABLE Antivirus in computer. Make sure you have atleast 50% battery.
    1. Turn ON phone. Enable USB debugging and check Unknown Sources.
    • Settings>Applications>Unknown Sources
    • Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging

2. Connect phone to computer via USB. Skip PC Companion installation prompt.
    3. Extract Xperia-ROOT.rev4.zip and run 01-local-prop.cmd(this creates /data/local.prop containing "ro.kernel.qemu=1" to enable root shell)
    4. Unplug USB cable and turn OFF phone.
    5. Copy WT19i_4.1.B.0.587_PH Generic(1254-1952).ftf in Local Disk>Program Files>Flashtool>firmwares
    6. Open flashtool. Run it as administrator. (Right click>run as admin)
    • Flashtool
    • Click the flash icon
    • Select Flashmode in pop-up and hit OK.
    • Select WT19i_4.1.B.0.587_PH Generic and UNCHECK Wipe User Data. Hit Ok.
      **NOTE:Screenshot is showing the old WT19i_4.1.B.0.431 firmware. Just ignore that one and follow the procedure.
    • While phone is still turned OFF, hold volume down while connecting phone to computer to enter flashmode.
    • Flashing will start. Wait until flashing is finished and then disconnect your phone from computer. Close flashtool.

7. Turn ON phone and connect it to computer again. Skip PC Companion installation pop-up.
    8. Open Xperia-ROOT.rev4 folder and run 02-push-root-files.cmd(this pushes SU Binary and installs Superuser.apk, Stericson Busybox 1.20.1 and nAa CWM Recovery 5.0.2.7 )
    9. Your phone will automatically reboot.
    10. Check if SuperUser.apk is installed. Check if you can enter CWM (Turn On phone+VOL DOWN). DONE!

[SCREENSHOT]

Note: Superuser app is installed.

Bravia Engine Installation
    Note: This method is based on this thread in XDA: [Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.] by [Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.]
    Don't know how Bravia Engine works? Check: [Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.]

Requirement:
    • Rooted phone
    • BusyBox(If you followed the above tutorial skip this. You would need this for SE Extreme Tweak Installer to work. Download busybox in market.)
    • Download Se Extreme Tweaks Installer here: [Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.] by [Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.]

Instruction:

1. Turn on phone. Make sure USB debugging and Unknown Sources are checked. Connect it to computer.
    2. Extract SE_Extreme_Tweak_Installer_1.8.rar and run SE_Extreme_Tweak_Installer.exe
    3. Select Bravia Engine for All Sony Android Phone 2011 and x10 in drop-down menu and install it.

4. Disconnect and restart your phone.
    5. Check if Mobile Bravia Engine is installed. Go to Settings>Display. DONE!

[SCREENSHOT]

You done?

You may now proceed to this thread:

[Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.] by Patz0110

"You can also share some themes, modifications/tweaks, apps, live wallpapers, etc. in that thread. Don't forget to always perform a backup using titanium or a nandroid backup via CWM before modding your device".

Recommended Apps(Needs ROOT)**
    "Please use google search to know more about these apps"

FILE EXPLORERS:

BACKUP:

Note: No mirror downloads will be provided. Support the developers.
    Last edited by boyq; 20th Aug 2012 at 22:07.

Default Re: [ROOT][ICS 4.0.4]Sony Live w/ Walkman™(WT19i)

reserved for future use.
    Last edited by boyq; 9th Jun 2012 at 19:55.

wala po b one on one tutorial to?para if my mga tanung po kami?

sir boyq panu po ba pag nkaroot na cya dati,,update ko na lng po ba cya ng ics...panu po pag nka unlocked yung bootloader ko pwede bang update agad sa ics...tnx

Quote Originally Posted by neilroyv [Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.]
    sir boyq panu po ba pag nkaroot na cya dati,,update ko na lng po ba cya ng ics...panu po pag nka unlocked yung bootloader ko pwede bang update agad sa ics...tnx
    We will be using flashtool here in updating to ICS. It doesn't matter if you're on locked/unlocked bootloader in flashtool. You can flash it.

sir panu o mag root pag ICS na,, pag nirurun ko ung push-root files sbi root shell not found..

Quote Originally Posted by rvhynn21 [Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.]
    sir panu o mag root pag ICS na,, pag nirurun ko ung push-root files sbi root shell not found..
    Requirement:

Rooted Gingerbread OS

Follow mo muna yong tutorial for rooting gingerbread.

Khit nkacustom rom ba ako sir boyq pwede ko cyang iflash???

Quote Originally Posted by neilroyv [Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.]
    Khit nkacustom rom ba ako sir boyq pwede ko cyang iflash???
    Yes. The .ftf file contains both the ROM and Kernel.

Thumbsup Re: [ROOT][ICS 4.0.4]Sony Live w/ Walkman™(WT19i)

Quote Originally Posted by boyq [Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.]
    Requirement:

Rooted Gingerbread OS

Follow mo muna yong tutorial for rooting gingerbread.
    panu po ung tut for rooting GB? pnu po ggawin pag "adb server is out of date killing " anu po ggwin jan?? dko maroot Ics ko hehe

Page 1 of 32 12311 ... LastLast