READ FIRST before posting here:
- This is a rooting thread for Sony Live w/ Walkman™ with Android 4.0.4,Ice Cream Sandwich OS. If you're on Android 2.3.4 ,Gingerbread, and don't want to update to ICS, follow this thread.
- Read this guide first to know about rooting.
- Any problems,discussions,etc. regarding root shall be posted here.
- You can also check out our OFFICIAL THREAD.
- Please give proper credits if you want to repost any part of this thread.
Link it to the original thread.
Rooting ICS 4.0.4 for Sony Live w/ Walkman™(WT19i) + CWM(ClockWorkMod) + BB(BusyBox)
Note: This method is based on this thread in XDA: [ROOT+BB+CWM] ICS and non rootable GB build by puppet13th
DISABLE Antivirus in computer. Make sure you have atleast 50% battery.
Turn ON phone. Enable USB debugging and check Unknown Sources.
- Settings>Applications>Unknown Sources
- Settings>Applications>Development>USB debugging
Connect phone to computer via USB. Skip PC Companion installation prompt.
and run 01-local-prop.cmd(this creates /data/local.prop containing "ro.kernel.qemu=1" to enable root shell)
Unplug USB cable and turn OFF phone.
Copy WT19i_4.1.B.0.587_PH Generic(1254-1952).ftf
in Local Disk>Program Files>Flashtool>firmwares
. Run it as administrator. (Right click>run as admin)
- Click the flash icon
- Select Flashmode in pop-up and hit OK.
- Select WT19i_4.1.B.0.587_PH Generic and UNCHECK Wipe User Data. Hit Ok.
**NOTE:Screenshot is showing the old WT19i_4.1.B.0.431 firmware. Just ignore that one and follow the procedure.
- While phone is still turned OFF, hold volume down while connecting phone to computer to enter flashmode.
- Flashing will start. Wait until flashing is finished and then disconnect your phone from computer. Close flashtool.
Turn ON phone and connect it to computer again. Skip PC Companion installation pop-up.
Open Xperia-ROOT.rev4 folder and run 02-push-root-files.cmd(this pushes SU Binary and installs Superuser.apk, Stericson Busybox 1.20.1 and nAa CWM Recovery 126.96.36.199 )
Your phone will automatically reboot.
Check if SuperUser.apk is installed. Check if you can enter CWM (Turn On phone+VOL DOWN)
Note: Superuser app is installed.
Bravia Engine Installation
Note: This method is based on this thread in XDA: [Daily Update]SE Extreme Tweak Installer v1.8 - Update 11/18/2011 by quangnhut123
- Rooted phone
- BusyBox(If you followed the above tutorial skip this. You would need this for SE Extreme Tweak Installer to work. Download busybox in market.)
- Download Se Extreme Tweaks Installer here: SE_Extreme_Tweak_Installer_1.8.rar by quangnhut123
Turn on phone. Make sure USB debugging and Unknown Sources are checked. Connect it to computer.
and run SE_Extreme_Tweak_Installer.exe
Select Bravia Engine for All Sony Android Phone 2011 and x10
in drop-down menu and install it.
Disconnect and restart your phone.
Check if Mobile Bravia Engine is installed. Go to Settings>Display. DONE!
You may now proceed to this thread:
Recommended Apps(Needs ROOT)**
"Please use google search to know more about these apps"
Note: No mirror downloads will be provided. Support the developers.