Hi! I am an owner of this device and was close to selling it and aspiring for high end devices. Until I stumbled upon some tweaks. I would like to share them to you.
May potential ang Cherry Paladin natin. Note that this thing is the same as Ainol Novo Paladin 7.
Here are some basic specs:
7-inch capacitive display
1GH MIPS processor. This is the reason we cannot install programs. Maraming incompatibility issues.
8GB flash storage
expandable storage via microsd
3Gdongle capable (pero so far with different dongles di ko pa rin napagana)
Out of the box pwede mo na enjoy ang paladin. Great media device walang hang ang movies ok din ang games. It has preinstalled Google Play too but you will be surprised dahil super limited ang apps na pwdeng mainstall. Kaya kailangan ng tweaks. Simple lang naman. If you want to try this, disclaimer lang. Backup muna.
In summary we do the following:
1. Flash ClockworkMod Rom
2. Flash Ainol Paladin Rom by Pinkflozd
I am uploading here the files you need pero for now CWM pa lang ang meron. Ang laki kc ng custom rom.
Here are the steps:
1. Backup and mag ipon ng lakas ng loob. Make sure your device has enough battery. Maganda kung fully charged.
2. Download CWM for Paladin here: http://www.mediafire.com/?ic0o124tq177o2i Paki extract na lang yung file and rename as update.zip. Place this file sa root ng sdcard.
3. The device should be off. Press and hold the up button then the power button. Wait for the android logo.
4. Navigate using the (+/-) button and select update from sd. Use the power button to select.
5. This will install the CWM for Paladin. Once installed, select the option reboot.
6. Once rebooted, nothing happens yet. Shutdown the unit and press up+power button again to flash the Paladin custom rom.
7. You will notice that the console is different now. Ito na yung clockwork mod recovery screen.
8. Download the Paladin rom here:
http://multiupload.biz/df_vytwjn0z32rp Also place the zip file sa root ng sdcard.
9. Select update from sd. Navigate to your paladin custom rom file from sd.
10. Once done flashing, your Cherry Paladin is brand new. Congratulations!
Note: Go to Apex Settings and change the orientation to "auto rotate", and the "homescreen grid" to 5x7.
Will update when I have the time.
For now I have tons of apps installed na. No more aspiring for high end devices. This thing is cool!
Check out my site REMOVED LINK