THIS IS A TUTORIAL ON HOW TO INSTALL A CUSTOM ROM ON YOUR SGY, SPECIFICALLY REPENCIS V 3.5..
DISCLAIMER: I DID NOT MAKE THIS CUSTOM ROM.. I READ IT FROM XDA, TRIED IT ON MY SAMSUNG GALAXY Y S5360, AND SHARED IT HERE SO THAT I MAY HELP OTHERS WHO WANT TO INSTALL CUSTOM ROM ON THEIR PHONES.. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE OF ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO YOUR PHONE.. TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK..
Deodexed all system apks
Based Rom Original From DXLC1 (not cooked from another rom) Highly Costumized
Arabic font plugin
Zipalign all apks on boot
Init.d script support
A2sd Darktremor / Amarul a2sdx support
Adw Launcher Ex as default launcher
ICS Iconized with green default style
New application location management setting
New about rom setting like miui
Navigation button bar (Trial Version)
EDT Tweak + Battery bar + 13 toggle on status bar
adding animation on statusbar
New audio boster bass just using DSPmanager without using tweak audo or other audio installer
new animation transtition
AOSP Lockscreen and Milocker app
New Repencis Labs merge sparepart and quickpanel
- System Replacer to change any system file
- Anti Bootloop to make flashable zip file
- Startup manager to manage on boot apps
- Media scanner to rescan system/sdcard database
- Bang samsul code to see samsul secret code
- DCSMS Customizoid to customize carrier, icon system, main background, theme switcher
And many more......
New kernel builded
Adding 17 CPU Governer
Adding 5 i/o schudler
Cool Ram Management
Fast booting and shutdown
Other tweaked things
EXT2, EXT3, EXT4 Support ( auto mount sd-ext as ext4 just format ur sd-ext to ext2/ext3 but in this rom automatic format to ext4 sd-ext)
a2sd darktremor and Amarul a2sdx support
Fix problem from latest version
And many more.......
PLEASE READ AND FOLLOW ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY!!!!
I WILL NOT ENTERTAIN CONCERNS CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE..
1. SGY GT-S5360 android version 2.3.6
2. Baseband version DXLA1, DXLB2, DXLC1, DXLE1, DXKL2.. These are the compatible baseband versions that I can confirm, so far..
If you have other baseband version not mentioned above and would like to attempt flashing repencis, DO IT AT YOUR OWN RISK!
The best advice i can give is you can update your baseband by flashing the latest firmware and baseband version(DXLE1) via odin
or the best baseband is DXLC1 since this ROM is based on DXLC1..
3. The most important requisite of all: THE GUTS AND A FULLY WORKING BRAIN!
1. download the required files and paste it on your SD card.. paste it on the root of your SD card, not in any folder..
download these files:
Repencis V 3.5 - [Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.]
Advanced CWM recovery - [Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.]
DO NOT USE OTHER CWM SINCE IT HAS DIFFERENT VERSIONS.. IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED THAT YOU USE THE CWM ATTACHED ABOVE..
2. Turn off phone then go to recovery mode by pressing simultaneously the buttons volume up + power + home..
3. select "Update from sd card".. (the touchscreen is not functional in this mode so use the volume buttons to select up and down..)
4. look for CWM_bla_bla.zip then select it..
[IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU FLASH REPENCIS, AND WIPE DATA AND CACHE VIA CWM MODE NOT IN STOCK RECOVERY OR ELSE YOU'LL HAVE BOOTLOOP PROBLEMS.. SO PLEASE FLASH CWM FIRST AND IT WILL AUTOMATICALLY DIRECT YOU TO CWM RECOVERY..
IN SHORT, STEPS 5-7 SHOULD BE PERFORMED IN CWM RECOVERY]
(this is the obvious difference: stock recovery = text is in RED / CWM recovery = YELLOW)
5. when you are in CWM recovery, select "install zip from sdcard" and select Repencis V 3.5-Advanced.zip then select "yes"..
wait until it is finished.. it usually takes a minute to finish the installation..
6. After it is completed, select "wipe data" then "yes", then "wipe cache partition" select "yes"..
7. After wiping data and cache select "reboot system"..
PHONE WILL REBOOT.. iT usually takes 1-3 mins for the first reboot.. so please be PATIENT..
When the phone successfully boots, then your done.. PLEASE CONTINUE READING!
8. You might have concerns with this ROM.. but no need to worry since they have fixes..
SO BEFORE ASKING, PLEASE SCROLL DOWN FOR THE ANSWERS TO COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS..
BAGO MAGTANONG, SEE POST #2
FOR FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS(FAQs)..
repencis of XDA
for other FAQs, just visit the
ORIGINAL THREAD HERE:
[Link available to registered users only. Click here to register.]