Ginawa ko po ang tut na ito para sa mga GT-p1000 users running 2.3.3 gingerbread pero hindi pa rooted at walang CWM
Rooting and Flashing ClockWorkMod Recovery for Galaxy Tab P1000 GSM version running 2.3.3 Gingerbread
credits to addictivetips
The original Galaxy Tab has been around for almost two years now, but the device, with its 1GHz Cortex-A8 CPU, might take a while to fade away in the background. There is a robust development community that has built up around this device and it is still getting custom ROMs, some even based on ICS. This post will show you to root this device and flash the ClockworkMod Recovery at the same time and by the end of the procedure, you should be able to choose a custom ROM of your liking and flash away!!
ClockworkMod, abbreviated as CWM, is a popular custom recovery for Android phones and tablets developed by Koushik Dutta (Koush), a well-known name in the Android dev community. ClockworkMod recovery allows you to perform several advanced recovery, restoration, installation and maintenance operations on your Android device that aren’t possible with the stock recovery, and is one of the most common ways used to gain root access, back up device data, install a custom ROMs, kernels, themes, mods and more --- (defined by addictivetips)
Disclaimer: This method is only for the GSM version of the Galaxy Tab P1000 running Gingerbread 2.3.3, so make sure that this is the device you have. I do not take responsibility for any damage to your device. Rooting or following this guide is your decision, not mine. The processes that you carry out on your device are solely at your risk.
I. Before you proceed:
1. As always, back up your data before you begin with the procedure.
2. Make sure that you have all the proper drivers installed on your Windows PC before you proceed; if in doubt about this, download and install Samsung Kies and this should take care of the drivers needed for the procedure to work.
II. Files needed
1. Odin3 version 1.7
2. Root and ClockWorkMod Recovery tar file
III. Rooting the Galaxy Tab and Flashing ClockworkMod Recovery
1. Download and extract Odin3 v1.7.rar to a folder on your desktop.
2. From the extracted folder, double-click on Odin3 v1.7.exe to open the Odin application.
3. On Odin, click on PDA. Navigate to the location where you have downloaded CF-Root-TAB7_XX_OXA_JQ1-v3.3-CWM3RFS.tar to from above and select it.
4. This is the most important instruction ever and we really can’t stress how important this is. Make sure that the Re-Partition tickbox is unchecked!! Ticking this is a surefire way to brick your device.
5. Power down your P1000.
6. With the device powered down, press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons until the device boots into Download Mode.
7. Connect the device to your Windows PC using your device's data cable. Odin should now recognize your device and the ID:COM should light up yellow.
8. Make sure that your Odin screen looks like this before you proceed:
9. Click on Start. Again, make sure that Re-Partition is unchecked!!
10. When Odin shows "PASS!", You have now rooted and installed ClockworkMod Recovery on your Galaxy Tab P1000!!
You can enter CWM recovery by powering your device off and then powering it back on while keeping the ‘Volume-Up’ button pressed (for galaxy tab p1000)