DISCLAIMER: Me or this site will not be held responsible to any damage done to your canopy antenna. update at your own risk!
Guide on how to upgrade the firmware of your canopy (windows xp)
first thing first..download this canopy system software you must have your ESN with you for you to be able to download the update.
download the following under the Canopy System Software for use with Prizm 3.1 (.pkg3):
Canopy System Software v184.108.40.206 (DES) (<-skip this if your software version is 8.1.5 already)
Canopy System Software v8.2.4 (DES)
Canopy System Software v8.2.7 (DES)
then download Network Updater Tool v3.1r2 (Windows) under CNUT3.1 then install (need a java installed on your pc to run this updater)
where to find ESN?pde akyatin mo canopy mo..andun nkadikit ESN..or kung natago mo ung box na pnaglagyan ng canopy mo may ESN din dun..or if you can access your canopy you can see in your home status: Canopy Lite - 5.7GHz - Subscriber Module - xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx...those xx value are your ESN..
A. for SmartBro user only that can access their canopy with 169.254.1.1 default ip address
(be sure to finish all downloads before doing this, this interrupts your internet connection)
1. from your control panel, double click network connections, then right click Local Area Connection
2. select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) click properties.
3. choose Use the following IP address type:
IP address: 169.254.3.3
Subnet mask: 255.255.0.0
(leave settings this way on upgrade process)
4. OK and CLOSE
5. Open your browser (Internet Explorer, FireFox, Opera) and input this address on the address bar: 169.254.1.1
check if you can access your canopy in the said step above proceed on step number 6..if not try the next step in quote:
B. for SmartBro user only with 10.xxx.xxx.xxx series ip address:
if you can already access your canopy proceed:
6. look for your Software Version on the status page. if its SM-DES..then the file i stated above to be download is right..if its AES den download AES..but i guess SmartBro is in DES this will tell you what upgrade package to use:
7. open the application (from your Local Disk (C: ) - > Canopy -> Network Updater -> double click CNUT (MS-DOS batch file). The Canopy Network Updater window will be open.
8. from the Menu Bar click Update -> Manage Packages -> Add -> Look in your C: where you have saved the downloaded package in .pkg3 format -> Look for **CANOPY8151BUILD_DES.pkg3 -> click Open -> click Close
**if your canopy software version is 7.x.x use CANOPY8151BUILD_DES.pkg3
if version 8.1.5 use CANOPY824BUILD_DES.pkg3
if version 8.2.4 use CANOPY827BUILD_DES.pkg3
the release notes state that upgrading by skipping one update is not possible...sample:
(not possible) upgrade 7.x.x to 8.2.4 (i dunno why)
(possible) upgrade 7.x.x to 8.1.5 then to 8.2.4 then to 8.2.7 (the latest update)..
to upgrade your software use the next upgrade..dont skip an update
9. from the Menu Bar click Edit -> Add Canopy Elements To Netwrok Root -> and then on Element Host Names(s)/IP address(s) box, type 169.254.1.1 (the default IP address)...for those with 10.xx.xx.xx series ip address, input your 10.xx.xx.xx ip address-> click ok
10. click the check box beside the Network Root
11. on the Menu Bar click View -> Refresh/Discover Entire Network.. you can see here the type, software version, and last access of your canopy..
12 to update....on the Menu Bar click Update -> Update Entire Network Root -> click Yes then wait..this should take not more than 10 mins..if it is updating to long cancel the process and check if you miss something on the steps..
13. repeat step 11 and check your canopy it is upgraded..
**then to upgrade again..repeat on step 8 and open the next .pkg3..remove the previous .pkg3
**repeat step 9..after step 9 do step 11..under the network root..remove the previous network and check the added network then repeat step 12..then update again till your canopy software version is CANOPY 8.2.7 SM-DES (latest)
i tried both ip address on my own to update my canopy with this steps..all works well..so just follow the steps you can update it working
"im not a geek..im just resourceful" just sharingGOODLUCK!
check also links at my sig