credits goes to hadjistyllis from other forum id been thru
This is the easiest way to update your Nokia N70 to V5.07220.127.116.11. (Tested on V5.0705.3.0.1)
This method should work for all Nokia Symbian Phones.
Note: You should BACKUP your phone memory before update (your phone will be format)
1. Nokia PC Suite (http://europe.nokia.com/A4144905)
2. Nokia Software Updater (http://europe.nokia.com/A4579163)
3. V5.0718.104.22.168 Firmware EURO(Part1 , Part2 , Forgotten UDA) ASIA(http://www.rapidshare.com/files/6316...3.0.1_APAC.exe) [If not sure check the ASIA & Euro txt files I attached)
4. Nokia USB Cable
5. Internet Connection
6. Fully Charge Battery
How To Update:
1. Install Nokia PC Suite & Nokia Software Updater and restart your PC
2. Connect your Phone with USB Cable and wait Until "found new hardware" Finish and Nokia PC Suite recognise your phone.
3. Now open Nokia Software Updater-This windows should appear (the pictures is at greek but don't worry about this). Then Click Start.
4. Now Nokia Software Updater will inform you that you must enter "General" Profile and that you Battery muse be FULLY CHARGED. Then click continue.
5. Wait until it recognise your phone and check for updates (5.0705.3.0.1 as the latest one). Then tick the box. And Click Update.
6. NOW DISCONNECT THE USB CABLE FROM YOUR PC (normally the download proccess should continue without any disconnection notification).
7.After download finish an error should appear
" Unable to find the connected phone. Reconnect the USB Cable"
DO NOT CONNECT IT NOW-HERE IS THE TRICK
8. Open this folder (what Nokia Software Updater has download)
"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Nokia\Nokia Service Layer\A\nsl_service_module_00001\vpls\http://www.dsut.online.nokia.com.oti...ite\Products\r m-84"
"C:\ProgramData\Nokia\Nokia Service Layer\A\nsl_service_module_00001\vpls\www.dsut.onl ine.nokia.com.oti.caresuite\Products\rm-84"
You should see 6 files
RM84_50705301.V27 (#27 depents on your region-27 is greece/cyprus)
Extract V5.0722.214.171.124 Firmware I upload and find this 3 files
RM84_50737301.V27 (or what depents on your region-check what Nokia Software Updater has download)
Now rename this 3 files and overwrite what Nokia Software Updater has download
9. Now reconnect you USB cable, wait 10 seconds and click "Repeat".
The installation Process should start.
10. After some minutes your phone should restart and a messege " Your phone has succesfully updated" will show you thats all ok and click "Close"
IF you want to check if its updated to 5.07126.96.36.199 enter *#0000#
NOTE FOR ASIA(APAC) Versions: After you download the attach files from rapidshare, install it (default location-C:\Program Files\Nokia\Phoenix\Products) and check here for your files.