Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Asus VivoBook X407MA | No display but with Power

juandelacruz2008

Apprentice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Power Stone
Reality Stone
Soul Stone
Time Stone
Hello mga boss! Pa-help naman po kasi yung Asus VivoBook X407MA after i-upgrade yung RAM, ayaw na mag-display. Pero pag tinu-turn on ko, umiilaw naman yung power.

Na-try ko na:
  • To turn on without battery (direct from charger) - both lights po meron (red for the battery, white for the power indicator)
  • Turn on with battery only - power light is on (power indicator)
  • Turn on with battery while charger is plugged in - both lights meron (white for battery, white for power indicator)
  • Binalik ko na rin yung old RAM, pero wala pa rin talagang display
Notes:
  • I have checked the LCD display cable and intact pa rin naman sya. Hindi ko inalis yung sticker kaya hindi nagalaw.
  • Fan is not spinning kahit naka-on yung mga lights
  • No display talaga kahit yung POST or logo ng Asus di talaga lumalabas

Baka po may makatulong. Maraming salamat po!

[ UPDATE ]

Okay na po itong request ko. Pwede na po i-close. Hehe

For future reference and para sa ibang makaka-encounter ng similar problem, I performed the following to repair the laptop:
  • Reapply Thermal Paste
  • Cleaned the RAM contacts with an eraser
  • Disconnect then reconnect all flex cables (display, keyboard, touchpad, fingerprint)
  • Reset the BIOS by removing the battery and charger then pressing the power button for at least 60 seconds
Actually I'm not sure which of those repaired the laptop. *laugh* Nilista ko lang para magka-idea yung iba kung paano mag troubleshoot and repair. Hehe

Thank you mga ka-symb! :-D

Back
Top Bottom