Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Serial Story Confessions of a Ragnarok Online Addict

Back in 2003, during my college years, I got addicted to what was then one of the most popular MMORPG: Ragnarok Online. In an age where most of my peers were thinking of who to date and where to fuck, I was more concerned then of what monster to kill and where to boost up my character's level. I would skip classes or lunch---more often both---just so I could have an extra hour of playing time. I would even spend thousands of pesos to buy godly items and rare cards in the game. I recall one time when I spent PhP15,000 in just one transaction to buy a few billions of zennies (Ragnarok currency), a couple of extremely rare cards and some powerful items. I was that passionate a player.

To some---okay, to many---it would seem to be an awfully stupid waste of money. And time. And effort. After all, what does one get out of playing an online game? Eyebags, you might say. A gaping hole in your pocket, you hasten to add. Oh, and don't forget low---no, failing---grades.

Well, to be honest, I got all that. But then I got something more. Something quite unexpected. Something incredible and fantastic that until now, I still find it hard to believe I've found it. And in Ragnarok, to boot.

I found love.

My name is Paopao and this is my story.

to be continued...

talagang billions for 15k lang? 2004 ako nag start 2nd year hskul ako nito eh laki ng pera mo ah swerte rich kid :)

Last edited:
very funny almost ridiculous..

But I knew two people..

Boy meets girl
Girl meets boy
And somehow
Somewhere
Through late night gaming grind
Through their funny misadventures
In a peculiar but undiscountable way
They met
And they fell in love.

And since they were physically longing for one another
Somehow.. this game bridged that gap a little.
Made a way for two people to bond beyond distance.

CHEERS sa mga nagtagumpay sa pag ibig
Lalo na sa mga nakahanap sa lugar
Na madalas ay hindi aakalain ng kung sino
Na matatagpuan ang kanyang pag ibig :cheers:

:thumbsup:

I want to know how your story went.

Last edited:
ganyan na ganyan din ako kaso hindi naman ako umabot sa 15k para sa mga items and zeny..
wala akong sariling pc that time kaya rent lang ang mahal pa ng rent sa shop dati 30php per
hr -_- tapos bibili ka pa ng RO card na 100 for 8hrs then 50 for 4 hrs nakalimutan ko ung mas
mataas na hrs if magkano.. usually kasi yan lang kaya ng budget ko hahaha :lol:
dati kahit stop dance pa ung chaos noon masayang masaya ka. okay lang ang lag..

pero sa panahon ng mga kabataan ngayon konting spike lang hahambalusin na nila ung keyboard at mouse :slap:

nga pala TS! trending ung Ragnarok M ngayon ah? meron ka?
ako di na ko gumawa hindi ko trip mobile games kahit sabihin
natin na gamitan ng emulator at sa pc laruin.. ewan ko ba ako lang ata :lol:

Last edited:
grabeh 15k para lng sa item pero ako noon aabot din siguro pero hindi bumili items sa cards at rent ng pc cguro aabot.. hehe
usually 500 binibili ko 1 month un eh.. tapos sa net shop 8 hours tuwing saturday at sunday kunwari me ggwing project at pupunta simbahan.. haha..
during school days after class kasi pag lunch break sigurado cutting class kinalalabasan 100% effective un kaya pinipigilan ko lumabas hahaha... mas maganda RO noon
nandun ung thrill eh at manual talaga hanggang dumating ung bot late 20's na lumabas un pagkaalam ko eh.. simula ng magkapc ako nung college bugbug pc lagi on para sa bot.. hehehe... walang pahinga.. brownout lng pahinga.. haha

di ako nakapaglaro ng Ragnarok pero ang tanda ko around 2006 yung pinsan ko addict dyan kwento nya sakin e may nakikipagtrade daw ng kotse sa isang item. SKL hehe. Ran Online talaga ako addict dati :)

Same here sa akin. Inubos ko ang college tuition fee for this game. nasira ang career ko noon. Electrical Engineering ako sa isang School in manila. Kalakasan ng server na Chaos halos bumibigay ang server noon at nagsshut down pa ng 1 hour. Nasira ang buhay ko noon atleast nakabalik ako sa tamang landas ngayon, BS in Electrical Engineering with PRC license. Registered Electrical Engineer at Registered Master Electrician.

Magsisisi ka sa huli pero mas nakakapang hinayang yung di mo masubukan.

Haha nabiktima ako, click bait ata ito ni Padre. 4 yrs na.

Back
Top Bottom