Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Ketogenic Diet Thread

joselleangeles

Recruit
Basic Member
Reaction score
Hi sa mga gustong mag keto/mga nagkeketo na!

Post po kayo dito mga recipes. DOs and DONTs.

To a healthier 2019!! :thumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

WHAT IS KETOGENIC/KETO DIET

The ketogenic diet is a very low-carb, high-fat diet that shares many similarities with the Atkins and low-carb diets.

It involves drastically reducing carbohydrate intake and replacing it with fat. This reduction in carbs puts your body into a metabolic state called ketosis.

When this happens, your body becomes incredibly efficient at burning fat for energy. It also turns fat into ketones in the liver, which can supply energy for the brain.

Ketogenic diets can cause massive reductions in blood sugar and insulin levels. This, along with the increased ketones, has numerous health benefits.

SOURCE: https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/ketogenic-diet-101#what-it-is

- - - Updated - - -

Different Types of Ketogenic Diets
There are several versions of the ketogenic diet, including:

Standard ketogenic diet (SKD): This is a very low-carb, moderate-protein and high-fat diet. It typically contains 75% fat, 20% protein and only 5% carbs.
Cyclical ketogenic diet (CKD): This diet involves periods of higher-carb refeeds, such as 5 ketogenic days followed by 2 high-carb days.
Targeted ketogenic diet (TKD): This diet allows you to add carbs around workouts.
High-protein ketogenic diet: This is similar to a standard ketogenic diet, but includes more protein. The ratio is often 60% fat, 35% protein and 5% carbs.

Normally/madalas na ginagamit ng mga nagkeketo daw is yung SKD or yung STANDARD KETOGENIC DIET. Yung Cyclical KD is normally used by athletes and body builders.

Disclaimer: I suggest you talk to a doctor before proceeding. Pero ako kasi I have just been trying out stuff. If you know your body very well, you'll notice kung anong/saang foods kayo mabilis tumaba or mabilis lumaki ang tummy. In my observation, sa carbs ako mabilis tumaba.

I have tried keto last year, and it was really effective. Although not the proper keto diet, pero napansin ko at nung mga kasama ko yung result even for a short period of time..

- - - Updated - - -

Foods to Avoid:disapprove::disapprove::disapprove:
Any food that is high in carbs should be limited.

Here is a list of foods that need to be reduced or eliminated on a ketogenic diet:

Sugary foods: Soda, fruit juice, smoothies, cake, ice cream, candy, etc.
Grains or starches: Wheat-based products, rice, pasta, cereal, etc.
Fruit: All fruit, except small portions of berries like strawberries.
Beans or legumes: Peas, kidney beans, lentils, chickpeas, etc.
Root vegetables and tubers: Potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, etc.
Low-fat or diet products: These are highly processed and often high in carbs.
Some condiments or sauces: These often contain sugar and unhealthy fat.
Unhealthy fats: Limit your intake of processed vegetable oils, mayonnaise, etc.
Alcohol: Due to their carb content, many alcoholic beverages can throw you out of ketosis.
Sugar-free diet foods: These are often high in sugar alcohols, which can affect ketone levels in some cases. These foods also tend to be highly processed.

OOOOooooppppssss.. Last year, nag-start akong mag keto around February and March, which is my birth month, so ako naman si INOM. Inom here and there.... Hanggang sa nagkakasakit na ko pati na din sa puyat.. So if you're trying to do keto. Don't drink. Pero meron namang mga pwedeng alak. I will post more of it here.

Last edited:
very informative. post pa yung iba dito. dagdag kaalaman na din salamat. sana ma update tong thread

San kaya pwede makakuha ng SIMPLE MEAL RECIPES para sa KETO or Low-Carb Diet?

Yung tipong madali lang makakuha ingredients at maPrepare ang food.

BTW, thanks. Very informative post.

Hello mga ka keto. Hahah! Kasalukuyan din ako nag kketo, 3 weeks na as of now. Sa una mahirap pero masasanay din katawan.

Pinaka mahirap alisin sakin nung una:

Kanin
Tinapay
Sweets
Softdrinks and Juices

:ill:

ito lagi nkatatak sa isip ko..

Eat meat, eggs, seafoods until full. Kumain kpag nagugutom lng.

hindi nman ako mataba pero gusto ko lng lean tignan.. from 68Kilo last january, nasa 61 Kilo nlang ngayon.

Last edited:
Kapag magpiprito,

1. Lauric Oil or Coconut oil
2. Extracted oil from animals (like pork)

For full results, dapat no sugar at all, kahit HONEY bawal, basta yung organic pa yan or raw sugar, bawal sa keto diet. Ito ang nakakataba pati carbo, any type of carbo, pati yung rice, be it brown or red, wag isasama sa kain.

Only with protein ang kain, wag mawala sa diet ang eggs, nakakabusog yan at mura, don't worry dun sa cholesterol na sinasabi ng iba dahil need ng katawan natin yan.

Also isabay ang fasting, minimum fasting ay 16 hours then 8 hour eating time if kakastart mo pa lang.
kapag nasanay ka na, kung kaya mo ng 22 hours fast the 2 hours eating time, better, may mga nagsabi pa na 23 hours fast and 1 hour eating.

Goodluck sa atin hehe.

Ginawa ko ito keto diet for 2 months and I've lost 10 kgs.
I feel much healthier now than before.

Ginawa ko ito keto diet for 2 months and I've lost 10 kgs.
I feel much healthier now than before.

same here. disiplina lang talaga ang kailangan. bawal cheat day kasi parang niloko mo lang sarili mo. hahaha

Im doing ketogenic diet din okay po ang egg..

Can I eat eggs in keto diet?
Eggs are also acceptable for you to eat on keto. ... Consuming them will not raise the blood cholesterol level in most people. Instead, they can actually be pretty heart healthy! Another bonus is that eating eggs might help you feel fuller longer, which means you're going to be less tempted by those unhealthy snacks.

sa fruit avocado..if you are going to the gym buy Whey protein isolate.

Last edited:
I wanted to start this diet, but I'm still not sure.
I know fruit juice is prohibited, but I used to drink celery fresh every morning. I can't limit the amount of celery juice in my life lol
What are you replacing juice with?

Wow sa wakas nahanap ko din ang thread na ito..., need na need namin ito ng asawa ko na may diabetes at high blood at ako naman under diet din para medyo lumiit at maka iwas sa di magandang dulot ng sobrang timbang.

Back
Top Bottom