Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

^^^ +++ Official LA Lakers Thread 2014-2015 Season +++ ^^^

asero22

The Devotee
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Los Angeles Lakers
2014–15 Los Angeles Lakers season

Conference Western Conference
Division Pacific Division
Founded 1947 (joined NBA in 1948)
History Minneapolis Lakers
1947–1960
Los Angeles Lakers
1960–present
Arena Staples Center
City Los Angeles, California
Team colors Purple, Gold and White

Owner(s) Jerry Buss
General manager Mitch Kupchak
D-League affiliate Los Angeles D-Fenders

Championships 17

NBL: 1 (1948)
BAA/NBA: 16 (1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010)

Conference titles 32

NBL: 1 (1948)
BAA/NBA: 31 (1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1959, 1962, 1963, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1972, 1973, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2010)
Division titles 23 (1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1977, 1980, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 2000, 2001, 2004, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012)
Retired numbers 7 (13, 22, 25, 32, 33, 42, 44, MIC)
Honored: (VM, GM, JP, SM, JK, CL)
Official website lakers.com

Capacity: 18,110
Construction started: March 31, 1998
Opened: October 17, 1999
Function: Arena
Teams: Los Angeles Sparks, Los Angeles Clippers, Los Angeles Lakers, Los Angeles Kings
Architect: Dan Meis

Last edited:
Re: Official LA Lakers Thread 2012-2013 Season

yaman ng lakers laki ng salary cap..daya hahaha

A4JDNz0CAAAFcuA.jpg

CBImages

Dwight Howard ready to learn from Kobe with Lakers

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (AP) — Dwight Howard says he's ready to learn about winning from Kobe Bryant.

And Bryant certainly sounds eager to teach his new center all about basketball and life with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Howard and Bryant wore their gold uniforms together Monday as the Lakers opened training camp with a revamped roster and sky-high expectations.

Two-time NBA MVP Steve Nash, Pau Gasol and Metta World Peace joined Howard and Bryant in Los Angeles' new starting five, their combined star power barely fitting in the frame for thousands of photos.

Howard still says he has no timetable for his return to the court from offseason back surgery, discounting rumors he's targeting the Lakers' season opener Oct. 30. But Howard says he's feeling better every day while working with the Lakers' training staff.

199986_10152186268750341_580451653_n.jpg

los-angeles-lakers-media-day-20121001-130407-949.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

420342_10151374349405341_421502067_n.jpg

ts_121001mediaday_dwight60.jpg

527444_10152186229455341_432268289_n.jpg

2012 Media Day Round Up

- Kobe Bryant carried a pleasant, chill demeanor at his 17th NBA media day. And who can blame him, as he comes in feeling as healthy as he could be physically, and now has Dwight Howard and Steve Nash to flank him on his quest for a sixth championship. It’s hard to think of two players better equipped to do just that, All Stars whose games fit in such a complimentary way around Bryant, who is still best at simply scoring the basketball. Bryant suggested in many different ways that he’s thrilled to cede ball handling duties to Nash; there is no conflict in terms of who’s going to run the offense. That’s the Canadian’s job now, and Bryant can’t wait to benefit from Nash’s brilliance and in doing so push the team to more wins.

- Pau Gasol is fully healthy coming off a great individual performance at the Olympics, and in excellent shape mentally after a season full of trade rumors and uncertainty. The Spaniard did well to try and keep all the noise from affecting his play in 2011-12, but it’s fair to expect a boost on the court for the coming season. Gasol said it’d be hard to believe that he’d stay with the team in addition to the acquisitions of Howard and Nash — shout out from Gasol to Mitch Kupchak and Jim Buss — but couldn’t be happier with how things worked out. New assistant Eddie Jordan can’t wait to get his hands on Gasol, still the NBA’s most skilled big if you ask the guys drawing up the plays, to work on the offensive additions that he and Mike Brown are putting in for the season.

- Dwight Howard stressed that his rehabilitation process is going extremely well, and he fully expects to be back at 100 percent soon enough. Howard, as the Lakers have suggested since his acquisition, will not put a direct timetable on his return, but he has had no setbacks and has now fully integrated his program with L.A.’s training staff. You can expect daily Dwight updates on Lakers.com, but everything has been pretty positive thus far. His teammates and coaches are universally thrilled with what they’ve seen from him, especially in on-court drills with L.A.’s assistants. As far as his comments in interviews, Dwight directly stated that he and his teammates all need to sacrifice their individual goals to unite towards the lone goal of winning. Given his unique on-court impact and level of energy, if he buys in to that degree the Lakers will reap tangible rewards.

- Steve Nash was asked whose team it is: “I think this is Kobe’s team,” he responded. “But anyone who’s ever played on a basketball team, it’s also our team. The team needs to share in that responsibility. Kobe can’t do everything. He’s going to be great at what he’s great at, and the rest of us got to pick up the pieces that get to us … (Kobe’s) been here his whole career. He’s won championships. And he’s the best player on the team. We (have) to be there for him every day, so it’s essentially our team as well.”

A big part of what you get when Nash is on your team is a real sense of unity and common purpose, and the positivity he doles out is equal from Kobe down to the last guy on the bench. That intangible element, that leadership, is a massive boost to the Lakers locker room. Nash simply makes guys feel good with his words and his body language, then physically rewards them by setting up easy baskets. He’ll high five you whether you make or miss, every time. All of that, and we haven’t mentioned that his skills made him a two-time MVP. That’s why everyone is excited to play with Nash.

- Metta World Peace is, by all accounts, in fantastic shape. He’s about 256 pounds, by his accounts, after coming in around 271 last season. That’s the first thing that his teammates and coaches in particular have noticed. The nature of MWP being in such great shape gives L.A. an advantage, because he’s going to be the starter paid the least amount of attention on the offensive end, and the one initiating the perimeter defense on the other. Being in peak shape allows him the best chance to take advantage of that additional time and space.

- Head coach Mike Brown’s certainly excited to have those five players in his starting line up, and mentioned how much deeper his team promises to be this season thanks to the offseason acquisitions of guys like Antawn Jamison and Jodie Meeks. But he’s most excited to simply have a full training camp with which to put in his system and establish a culture that was difficult for a new coaching in the lockout shortened season. For a guy that loves the practice floor and the film room, it’s the difference between high school junior varsity hoops and the NBA.

- This training camp promises to be the most competitive in recent seasons for the Lakers, due to the depth on the back end of the roster. Certain spots have already been won (the starters, Jamison, Jordan Hill, Steve Blake); others like Jodie Meeks and Deven Ebanks look like favorites to earn addition back up minutes. From there, it’s less clear.

Chris Duhon and Earl Clark came over with Howard in the Orlando trade and have shown respective reasons for backup consideration; Darius Morris, Andrew Goudelock, Darius Johnson-Odom and Robert Sacre were all second round picks from the past two drafts, and each has a specific skill set the Lakers like; Chris Douglas-Roberts has had scoring success in the NBA and just signed with the team today; Greg Somogyi and Reeves Nelson had some bright spots in the Vegas summer league; and Ronnie Aguilar is another recent signing who’s been working out with the team the past few weeks.

At least five of those names won’t be on the roster come opening night. NBA teams can keep as many as 15 guys on the roster, but the Lakers have trimmed things down to at most 13 or 14 in recent years to help keep the already massive payroll a bit more lean. Needless to say, training camp practices and preseason games are going to be a battle for many guys on the current roster.​

Last edited:

WOW,
ANG GALING NITO
go lakers GO
hehe 3PEAT CHAMPION NA NAMAN TAYO
2012-2015

yaman ng lakers laki ng salary cap..daya hahaha

actually mas mayaman ang may ari ng Blazers at Brooklyn Nets kaysa sa Lakers, mas kaya nila bumili ng tao...:lol:

mapilit talaga si howard sa opening season :lmao: we will see kung kaya talaga nya. siguro after ng ilang games pahinga nanaman sya katulad sa magic dati :lol:

kawawa ka naman ts nagsosolo flight ka dito dont worry

samahan kita dito para hindi ka mag isa ganyan talaga yang

mga kapanalig nating laker fans iiwanan ka sa ere kapag dehado

alam mo naman ako sugod nang sugod kahit ma ban

go lakers gogogogoogogogogo!

Last edited:

actually mas mayaman ang may ari ng Blazers at Brooklyn Nets kaysa sa Lakers, mas kaya nila bumili ng tao...:lol:

hahaha kilala ko yang signature mo ahhh mag dyowa :lol::lol:

mapilit talaga si howard sa opening season :lmao: we will see kung kaya talaga nya. siguro after ng ilang games pahinga nanaman sya katulad sa magic dati :lol:

hehehe hindi yan papayagan basta basta ng lakers hindi sila tanga para sirain ang career ni howard :lol:

kawawa ka naman ts nagsosolo flight ka dito dont worry

samahan kita dito para hindi ka mag isa ganyan talaga yang

mga kapanalig nating laker fans iiwanan ka sa ere kapag dehado

alam mo naman ako sugod nang sugod kahit ma ban

go lakers gogogogoogogogogo!

hindi ko alam kung ano talaga nangyari sayo nakakalungkot kung ganun iwan ka ng mga kakampi mo, pero ok lang ako tumupi nga ung 3 ugok eh :rofl:hindi kinaya lalo na si querle nagtago ata sa pinangalingan lumabas lang nung nawala n ung thread na ginawa ko para sa kanya :rofl: samantalang siya ang nagpasimula ng kabadingan dito sa sport section hahaha:rofl:, si nice2knowu naman manghuhulang bading wala pa daw isang linggo ban na ung thread pati gumawa hahaha:rofl: tumagal pa nga at eto hindi pa ako ban:rofl: si sumaksidot ang sabi gudluck sa inyo gawaan naman ng account sa gay site hahaha:rofl: ayaw sumali :rofl:

kung di pa sila nag report sa mga mods buhay pa ung thread hahaha:rofl: tahimik sila dun ahhh :rofl:

salamat tol sa suporta mo basta ako dito lang hindi tayo mamamatay sa ban:):)

lakers tayo forever :praise::praise::praise:

kb2.gif

Last edited:

Opening Night. Lakers. Mavericks. Kobe. Pau. Dwight. Steve. Metta.

424578_10152122325245341_724056856_n.jpg

:barbell::barbell::barbell::barbell:

closed thread mo na to ts wag mo na hintayin mabura nanaman to ng mga mods may nauna ng gumawa ng thread na ganito sayo dito wahaha repost na to,. Para maiwasan ang pakalat kalat na thread dito sa symbianize,

closed thread mo na to ts wag mo na hintayin mabura nanaman to ng mga mods may nauna ng gumawa ng thread na ganito sayo dito wahaha repost na to,. Para maiwasan ang pakalat kalat na thread dito sa symbianize,

hahaha inggit ka lang gumawa ka nalang ng sarili mong thread hahaha:rofl:

mabubura lang ito ng mods kung magsusumbong ka uli hahaha:rofl:

bashain mo nga ung title 2012-2013 season hahaha bobo:rofl:

kbvsdh12-2009nbafinal2.gif

Last edited:

Kobe at the tail end of the team's 4 hour session. #LakersCamp

541077_10152189293585341_1058926088_n.jpg

Check out our behind-the-scenes photo gallery from Media Day:

421299_10152188722925341_1058481812_n.jpg

kobevswade-1.gif

hanep sa galing:praise::praise:

Last edited:

Dwight Howard Session

561979_10152174063560341_1232221518_n.jpg

Dwight Howard does some stretching with head physical therapist Judy Seto — at Toyota Sports Center.

292729_10152173887235341_2051449025_n.jpg

Dwight works with head physical therapist Judy Seto — at Toyota Sports Center.

548412_10152174064045341_1937393922_n.jpg

Dwight Howard working on hooks with assistant coaches Darvin Ham and Chuck Person — at Toyota Sports Center.

229548_10152173887350341_1569179567_n.jpg

Dwight waits for the pass before backing down assistant coach Darvin Ham — at Toyota Sports Center.

292712_10152173887300341_663600147_n.jpg

Dwight pump fakes before going to the rim — at Toyota Sports Center.

185190_10152174064440341_797701323_n.jpg

Dwight Howard works on free throws with the Lakers championship trophies in the background — at Toyota Sports Center.

kobevswade-1.gif

Bryant Describes LAL’s Opening Practice

blog_121002kobe.jpg

Story lines at the first day of Lakers practice are so plentiful that one could find something interesting to discuss about all 20 guys on the roster, not to mention the coaching staff.

But of course, everything in L.A. starts with Kobe Bryant, who took a good nine minutes of questions from assembled reporters on Monday afternoon, covering how Dwight Howard (back) looked, what the first day receiving passes from Steve Nash felt like, how he may see his minutes limited and more:

We took some notes while Kobe was talking:

- At the end of each practice, Mike Brown has the players shoot free throws to determine whether they’ll have to run sprints or not, and on the first day, he asked for a volunteer. Steve Nash stepped up, with Bryant in support: “Nash, Nash Nash … I’ll take that 92 percent* free throw shooter every day.” Kobe was pleased when Nash swished three straight, as Brown’s video assistants and personal assistant ran a sprint instead.
*Kobe was kind to his new teammate, giving the career 90.4 percent shooter some extra points.

- Bryant weighed in on how Dwight Howard looked: “He was able to go through all the drills offensively and the schemes we want to do, working through the Princeton Offense, so it was very productive.” True. A bit more on Howard: he competed in the full practice, doing everything including 1-on-1 and 2-on-2 contact drills, and could be seen dunking while running those Princeton sets at the end of practice. The only thing he didn’t do was 5-on-5 full contact scrimmage, which isn’t on his program just yet. Howard looked great, and had this to say after practice: “Hopefully I’ll be back for some preseason games. I think we’re going to need it for chemistry and all that stuff. But like I said, I’m not going to rush it.” Bryant qualified a bit by saying L.A.’s training staff wouldn’t put Howard in a position in which he’d have to “test the limits of his back.”

- Kobe’s not concerned about learning the new system. He cited the first year Phil Jackson came in and instituted the triangle offense, which wasn’t difficult thanks to the high IQ of the players on that team. Bryant thinks the current squad has that same capability, and he himself has seen every possible NBA offense through his 16 years. I asked him about his meeting with Mike Brown and Eddie Jordan about the offense a few weeks back: “I’m pretty familiar with the (Princeton Offense), we played against it for multiple years with Sacramento. There are some similarities to what we ran with the Triangle Offense, and I think it was good to sit down and map out the advantages of the offense, the advantages of having a system vs. having a conventional approach.”

- Bryant’s main takeaway from practice No. 1: “There’s a lot of talent out here. It’s exciting.”

- Kobe said he did not have any knee procedure this summer: “I was a little busy.”

- The Olympics essentially put Kobe “in game shape right from the beginning.” He argued that it’s beneficial coming into training camp because you don’t have to put in the strenuous effort to really get back into shape in training camp. There’s a lot of evidence to that nature in recent years, as the returning players from the Olympics and World Championships have generally had excellent NBA seasons.

- Kobe and Nash, with their doctorates in basketball, don’t really have to talk much on the floor. A look will suffice: “Most of the time I don’t have to say anything. He’s already seeing what I’m seeing.” That should pay off especially in crunch time.

- Mike Brown suggested in his media session that he’d like to limit Kobe’s minutes this season after he averaged 38.5 last year, which is simply too many. Kobe’s thought: “That’s always a goal for everybody, for every team, to have your players rest as much as possible in the (regular season) to be as fresh as possible come postseason. So we’ll see … I’m ready either way.”

100307dwighthowardcantstopkobebryan.gif

LAL Camp: Eddie Jordan

blog_121002eddiejordan.jpg

One of the three new faces on Mike Brown’s coaching staff is Eddie Jordan, whose NBA head coaching career was headlined by a six-year stint in Washington (2003-09), where he coached current Lakers Antawn Jamison and Steve Blake.

Known best for his use of the Princeton Offense, Jordan will help head coach Mike Brown integrate parts of that system into what Brown already has in place, the collective idea to maximize the skills of a diversely capable roster.

c459fa6e.gif

LA Lakers shared Kobe Bryant's status.

408261_10152189958980341_329710263_n.jpg

Here. We. Go.
Had a LONG first day of practice. About 5 hours. A lot of teaching and running. Nash looks in top form as always. Pau looks strong and DH is getting closer to top health each day. Metta has worked his butt off all summer and this is the best shape I have seen him in since Indiana.

As for my self, I'm just excited for this opportunity. There was a point in practice today where I looked around the court and it hit me, this is the most talent I have ever played with other then all star games and the Olympics.

We have a ton of work to do but we are hungry for that challenge.
I need to pack my body down with ice now to make sure I keep inflammation out of my joints. It's a daily routine along with a ton of stretching. I have to stay on top of it along with the diet and weight strengthening so I don't lose all that I have gained this summer. 2 sessions tomorrow. Should be fun.

Will update you all with more intel soon.
Till then..
Mamba out

Back
Top Bottom