Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

phenom ii x4 955 on Emaxx EMX-MCP61D3-iCafe

ocin28

Novice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
tanong lang kung compatible yung proc sa Emaxx EMX-MCP61D3-iCafe. Same sila AM3 pero tanong lang. thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

kasi based dito http://www.game-debate.com/motherboard/index.php?mot_id=1066&cpuList=Emaxx%20EMX-MCP61D3-iCafe di naka list yung am3 phenom ii x4 955.

pero dito naman compatible naman siya http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2740598/emaxx-emx-mcp61d3-icafe-cpu.html

- - - Updated - - -

bumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbump

- - - Updated - - -

bumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbumpbump

do you have the mobo or the cpu?

hi! I have both of them :)

the manual of your mobo says it suppors phenom ii x4 but it doesn't list the supported cpus. if you have the 125w version, you better look for another motherboard. most likely the board only supports phenoms under 95w. if you aren't sure, its not worth the risk in case it blows your mobos capacitors which most likely aren't solid which may affect other parts of your system.

that cpu and board are old that emaxx even removed it from their site. plus, ram support is 1333 only and fsb is at 2gts. if I were you, just ditch it and build a new one. I have 945 but at least im sure my board is compatible and can handle light overclocking. in case one of them dies, im not also gonna replace. ill just buy a new set.

your sources also cant be relied on 100% since game-debate is an external site while toms was a forum post. in the manual from emaxx' site, it says it supports x4 but not x6.

read this old thread. looks like you guys have the same.

http://www.symbianize.com/showthread.php?t=1035111

Last edited:
Hi nubbest! thanks for the insights. Apparently i'm using it right now. ive partnered it with a 750ti and getting a maximum 45fps on Witcher 3 (everything on high except hairworks and AA)which is pretty impressive for an old procie and mobo. Can you recommend any cheap but reliable am3+ mobo that is available here in the Philippines? I might be wrong but I think AM3+ motherboards can also support AM3 socket processors.

I'm also thinking of buying an aftermarket CPU cooler such as CM Hyper 212X not for overclocking though, but I dont know if it will fit just right on a generic case (powerlogic).

I've also posted the same at reddit, and the guys over there told me this should have no problem.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/489nre/phenom_ii_x4_955_on_emaxx_emxmcp61d3icafe/

Last edited:
buying an aftermarket cooler is always a plus in my books. magiging problema mo lang naman eh kung magkakasya. 212x isnt that heavy so i suppose even a cheap mobo will have no problems. if you have the 125w cpu, i would put some cooling solutions on the mosfets just a precaution.

yes sir, thats the one thing na napansin ko mejo mainit compare sa dati kong procie.

Can you recommend any good cheap am3+ motherboard? That can atleast support FX series proc

i would probably go with msi 970 gaming. it has 8 chokes and a massive heatsink on the vrm. plus it uses an 8 pin for the cpu. this board is perfect for 125w cpus that doesnt take advantage of the 5.2gts of 990fx. the only problem is its php5k. i wouldnt waste money on another cheap mobo if i were you.

that's a nice board. Yeah, i feel you men investing on a cheap mobo is not ideal and I'm really looking forward to change my board to a regular ATX and this is probably i'm gonna get. But I'm gonna look for alternatives in case. Thanks men

Back
Top Bottom