Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[PHP] ICT Equipment Inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z a c h a r y

Commander of the Forums
LV2 MODERATOR
Mythic Star Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, una po sa lahat hindi po ako expert sa programming. I accepted this project para matuto.
I have been working on this simple dashboard for almost 2 weeks now.
1709567175163.pngWorking naman po sya maliban sa "Online" feature. What I want to achieve is to ping all the computer names and ip addresses of Computers and Printers saved in my database. Sa image na ito ay meron po akong 5 ict equipment and 3 of them is online. Working po yung ping feature niya, and legit yung counting. Ang problema ko po is mabagal siyang mag load. I think it takes 1 second per device para ma load yung page. We have around 600 devices sa office and at this rate hindi po efficient ang feature na to. I really want to make this work. I'm posting this to ask for help sa mga experts ng Symbianize.
Is there a way to optimize this? I really need your suggestions po. Sana may makatulong. Marami pong salamat.

P.S.: I have tried Yidas and Predis but can't seem to make it work.

Additional Info: Hindi po ako gumamit ng framework dahil masilan yung server na gamit ng office namin. Isa po siya sa reason kaya medyo limited yung pwede kong gawin sa project nato.

Web app ba to or standalone desktop application? Either way, baka need mo ng middleware service kuna nasaan yung business logic with push notification capability? Within that service igu-group mo yung IP addresses into segments with maybe 10-20 IP addresses per segment, then ping the IP addresses in each segment with a few second intervals, and in a round-robin fashion? Yung mga devices na nag respond sa ping request will have their IP addresses pushed to the client, in this case, yung dashboard.

Web app ba to or standalone desktop application? Either way, baka need mo ng middleware service kuna nasaan yung business logic with push notification capability? Within that service igu-group mo yung IP addresses into segments with maybe 10-20 IP addresses per segment, then ping the IP addresses in each segment with a few second intervals, and in a round-robin fashion? Yung mga devices na nag respond sa ping request will have their IP addresses pushed to the client, in this case, yung dashboard.
Web app lang po. Middleware services are not an option for me. First, I made this using 0 Php. Second, the server is kinda old and has a lot of limitations.

You can only do so much given with limited resources. If you can at least use jQuery in the server then try that otherwise, you’ll have to use vanilla Javascript. The reason the page is taking so long to load is because it needs to wait for each ping request to finish eg. request is blocking. Given that you have hundreds of devices to try to connect to, you will have to implement each request or group the requests in asynchronous fashion, no other way around it.

You can only do so much given with limited resources. If you can at least use jQuery in the server then try that otherwise, you’ll have to use vanilla Javascript. The reason the page is taking so long to load is because it needs to wait for each ping request to finish eg. request is blocking. Given that you have hundreds of devices to try to connect to, you will have to implement each request or group the requests in asynchronous fashion, no other way around it.
Yeah, I figured. I think I have tried everything that does not cost anything at this moment.
I'm thinking of just dropping that feature. Anyways thank you for your response.

if you already have counted the computers, printer and other machine that connected then you can ping them as well, the logic is, if you get the address or mac of that machine, then iregister mo lang din yan sa database mo as references of history that device connected.

ano language na gamit mo jan? btw PHP programmer/developer po ako. try ko makatulong sa problema mo TS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom