Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Positive Affirmations

I know things are so monotonous. I know every day feels the same. I know.

I hope you can find a way to feel new again. Whatever you need to do that. Maybe start a new hobby. Get a different haircut. Or even something as major as changing jobs. Whatever you decide to do, I hope you'll start to feel less stuck in place.

It's normal to be afraid of change. But sometimes not changing feels too limiting and exhausting. I hope you can find something that feels beautiful and new.

ShielaBear™

I know things are so monotonous. I know every day feels the same. I know.

I hope you can find a way to feel new again. Whatever you need to do that. Maybe start a new hobby. Get a different haircut. Or even something as major as changing jobs. Whatever you decide to do, I hope you'll start to feel less stuck in place.

It's normal to be afraid of change. But sometimes not changing feels too limiting and exhausting. I hope you can find something that feels beautiful and new.

ShielaBear™

IMG_20220327_050908.jpg

Last edited:
The late hours of the night and the early hours of the morning are not the times to fix your problems. I know they can feel especially overwhelming then, but it’s okay to let them rest for the moment. Let yourself rest.

This is your daily reminder to not be ashamed of making your life easy for yourself.

Cut your food into small pieces, make the font size 30 on your e book, use straws to drink, get a pen that’s comfortable to hold, take more naps, walk slowly, eat another cookie, buy velcro shoes, re-watch the part you couldn’t understand the first time, write things on your hands so you don’t forget it…

Whatever you want and/or need.

Don’t let anyone tell you how you should be doing things. We don’t need to prove each other anything.

It’s okay to take breaks. It’s okay to not be giving 100% all the time. I think the saying goes: “you can’t pour from an empty cup.” take care of yourself first.

Expressing your needs, your emotions, your boundaries and your concerns will not drive away people that are committed to being in your life. Wanting to be treated with respect, knowing your worth and acting accordingly is never asking for too much in any kind of safe or healthy connection.

What's annoying to one person is funny to another. Someone will be flattered by the extra attention from someone others would call clingy. The people who are too sensitive in some people's eyes are admired for being in touch with their emotions by others. What some would consider rude, others consider refreshing. What some people think of as oversharing, other people see as courageous honesty. Someone who's too quiet in some people's eyes is considered a good listener by others. What some people consider too personal, other people would love to discuss in depth. What looks like trying too hard to some people is recognized as genuine kindness by others. The point is that there's no such thing as being universally likeable, so just focus on finding the people who enjoy the qualities you have to offer and don't worry too much about the rest. I promise you that plenty of people out there will appreciate you for who you are.

A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it.

You got through the days you worried most about, you got through the weeks you were anxious about, and you got through the months you felt at your worst. Take a moment to be proud of yourself for that, and maybe even reward yourself. I believe in you for going through and doing well in the moments you still have ahead of you.

I know it’s frustrating when you don’t feel like you’re where you should be or not doing enough, but please take things slow. try to live in the moment. the present needs you more than the future does right now.

Never feel guilty for resting, never feel guilty for having to recharge your body and mind. You deserve to rest and you deserve peace, even if your tasks haven't been finished yet.

Self care is different for everyone. For some it might be going outside and interacting with people. For some it might be staying in with the phone on do not disturb. Do what you need and don't compare your methods of self care with others'.

Your direction is more important than your speed.
Post automatically merged:

You don’t have to prove your worth to anyone, please remember that! ♡

You're not weak, inferior or stupid if you struggle with something most people consider to be easy - you likely just have struggles, challenges or impairments most people don't have. If they were in your situation, they'd struggle too.

Healing doesn’t mean the damage never existed. It means the damage no longer controls your life.

You deserve to give yourself the same understanding and grace you extend to everyone else easily.

One of the things that people don’t really address about trauma recovery is that the more you heal, the more there is resistance to keep on going. the more aware we are of what we went through, the more difficult are the truths we have to live with and accept.

Forgive yourself. Forgive yourself for not being where you dreamed you would be. Forgive yourself for all the wrong things you said. Forgive yourself for the times you messed up even when you’ve tried your best. Forgive yourself for the way you hurt, belittle, or abandon yourself in the past or in the present. Forgive yourself for not being perfect. You don’t have to be perfect to be worthy (of love, understanding, compassion, kindness).

Last edited:
You shouldn’t have to tolerate someone who always questions your worth to the point where you start doubting your own potential and develop serious self-esteem problems. It is okay to communicate how you you are feeling, how you would like to be treated better, but if communication doesn’t work, it is okay to distance yourself from someone who is hurting you and not taking accountability for it.

Tumblr_l_341360141025040.jpgTumblr_l_341363542214727.jpgTumblr_l_341366722018111.jpgTumblr_l_341372099021077.jpgTumblr_l_341377032801596.jpgTumblr_l_341381949853209.jpg

I don't know who needs to hear this but rest is not a reward. You don't have to earn rest. You need rest. You deserve rest. You are worthy of rest simply because you are a living being. And don't ever feel guilty for taking time to rest.

As we become young adults, we start to become more invested in improving ourselves.

We begin to put heavy effort into our chosen field to secure a seat for the dreams we wanted. We tend to do the daily work to practice our skills, master our passion, and see ourselves grow.

But, I think that behind the loaded schedules and messy routines, we are also hoping for a few people who would be proud of our progress and will always believe that all we are doing is enough.

Sometimes, we are so focused on becoming the better version of ourselves because we're hoping for people to find us worth it. But, deep inside of us, we are just longing for a soul who would see the best in us without having to prove anything.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, recovery takes time. We fall so fast into our illnesses. But picking yourself up is so hard. There is a feeling of failure, of shame, and you want to isolate yourself from the world.

Don’t let yourself waste away because you think you are a waste of space. You have every right to be here, to be alive, and you deserve to be healthy again. Reach out. Ask for help. You will find the will to fight for life again. But have patience. I know it’s hard to ask someone who just wants to be healthy to wait, especially when you have diseases like generalized anxiety.

You are not too old, you are not too late, you are not a waste of space. Read this sentence again. Remember this.

Back
Top Bottom