Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Questioning the Deity of Jesus Christ

kurungkoy23

Proficient
Advanced Member
Reaction score
There are many sects even within Christianity who claim to believe, teach and practice the principles of the Bible yet do not agree on the divinity of Jesus Christ. For eg: Jehovah witnesses believe that Jesus was a Son of God but not God!

Here are few of the many reasons and scriptural references to the divinity of Christ Jesus!

1. Jesus is Worshipped

One of the things that God clearly commands and expects of His people is that they worship none but God alone. No other image, or angels or saints or even prophets and messengers of God are entitled to receive worship. Yet, in the scriptures over and over again there are references to Jesus being worshipped. And the shocking thing for a skeptic is that Jesus didn’t condemn or refuse it. Here are a few instances;

Matthew 2:2 NLT
Where is the newborn king of the Jews? We saw His star as it rose, and we have come to worship Him.

Matthew 14:33 NLT
Then the disciples worshiped Him. “You really are the Son of God!” they exclaimed.

Matthew 15:25 NLT
But she came and worshiped Him, pleading again, “Lord, help me!”

Matthew 28:9 NLT
And as they went, Jesus met them and greeted them. And they ran to Him, grasped His feet, and worshiped Him.

Luke 24:52 NLT
So they worshiped Him and then returned to Jerusalem filled with great joy.

John 9:38 NLT
“Yes, Lord, I believe!” the man said. And he worshiped Jesus.
2. Jesus Claims Divinity:

Please understand that Jesus wasn’t crucified for preaching at the synagogues or for healing the sick or for feeding the hungry. That would only get Him more publicity, fame, invitations and honour. He was crucified because He claimed to be God, Jesus claimed to be equal with God! And no matter how hard they tried, the Jews couldn’t understand or fathom how that could be, that Jesus be God! Here’s an excerpt of a conversation between Jesus and His disciple.

John 14:8-9 NLT

Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father, and we will be satisfied.” Jesus replied, “Have I been with you all this time, Philip, and yet you still don’t know who I am? Anyone who has seen Me has seen the Father! So why are you asking Me to show Him to you?

In another conversation, Jesus claims to be the “I AM”, giving the same introduction that God Himself gave to Moses at the burning bush and people almost tried their best to get Him killed immediately.

John 8:54-59 NLT

Jesus answered, “If I want glory for Myself, it doesn’t count. But it is My Father who will glorify Me. You say, ‘He is our God,’ but you don’t even know Him. I know Him. If I said otherwise, I would be as great a liar as you! But I do know Him and obey Him. Your father Abraham rejoiced as he looked forward to My coming. He saw it and was glad.” The people said, “You aren’t even fifty years old. How can You say You have seen Abraham?” Jesus answered, “I tell you the truth, before Abraham was even born, I Am!”

At that point they picked up stones to throw at Him. But Jesus was hidden from them and left the Temple.

3. Disciples Testify It:

For something to be true about a person the people closest to him or her should be able to witness or testify it. For eg: a wife can give the best description of the husband and vice versa.

John 1:1,3 KJV

[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [3] All things were made by Him; and without Him was not any thing made that was made.

This is Apostle John speaking of the identity of Jesus. He writes in sync with Gen 1:1 that talks of an “In the beginning” And inspired by the Holy Spirit, John writes: and the Word was God!!!

That is our Lord Jesus, and Word became flesh and lived among us and carried our sins to the cross and died for us, and was raised to life on the third day by the Spirit of God, so that all who put their trust in Him, will enjoy life in true belief!

Back
Top Bottom