Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Discussion Root? Jailbreak? Stock? Share your experience

Rooted? Jailbroken?

• Total voters

HHubs

A!
LV3 MODERATOR
Star Member
Reaction score
Power Stone
Reality Stone
Soul Stone
Time Stone
Space Stone
Rooting and Jailbreaking have been around for more than a decade.

Some do it out of curiosity,
out of necessity,
for style,
for glory,
for SPARTA! :lol: jk.

Some don't because they don't care,
they don't need it,
they don't want to risk it,
they simply aren't aware.

Whatever the case may be, share your thoughts and experiences about root, jailbreak, or why you kept / went back to stock.

Umpisahan ko na. :D

I got my first android phone in 2010. Xperia X8 dapat bibilhin ko kasi ma-porma pero na-kumbinse ako ng friend ko na mag Galaxy Spica para may kasabay raw siya mag root. :lol:
At first, curious lang talaga ako. Hindi rin ako masyado takot ma-brick yung phone dahil clear naman yung instructions at madali lang mag flash kung magkamali.
Hanggang sa napunta na sa simpleng pag-flash ng themes to custom ROMs, custom kernels, undervolting, etc.
Yung mga sumunod na phone ko, dumaan din sa root and custom ROMs/kernels to increase performance and experience a new flavor of Android dahil hindi na kasama sa official update ng OEM.
But as the hardware got better, I prioritized custom ROMs na maraming compatible themes / aesthetic system mods. Dati kasi, wala pang centralized theme engine ang Android and I wanted to personalize my device. Until eventually, root access na lang ang ginawa ko sa Nexus 4 ko just to get Titanium Backup running. This was my last rooted device.

Yung mga phones ko na sumunod, hindi na ako nag root. I didn't see the need and I didn't want to break compatibility with online banking apps.

FB_IMG_1670424399340.jpg

Way back in 2013, when I was still rocking Symbian on Nseries devices, naramdaman ko na ang tawag ng teknolohiya at naisipan ko nang sumubok ng Android. I was tempted to try out the customization and power on display on my friends' droids, at dahil medyo sinalat ako sa budget noon, agwanta muna ako kay Cherry Mobile. Which was perfect, kasi in those days ang daming support sa rooting/modding/etc. for those things! At dahil fairly cheap, parang di gaanong masakit sa bulsa kung somehow madisgrasya at ma-brick ang phone sa kakakalikot hehe. (I would experience later na hindi pala madaling ma-hopelessly brick kahit mga CM devices kung marunong kang umintindi ng guides.)

I first got the CM Flame 2.0 and, after modding it and then giving it to my brother, I then got the Omega HD 2.0 a few months later. Thinking back, yung pinambili ko sa dalawang yun eh pwede kong nagamit sa isang mas magandang "branded" na device. Pero I don't really regret it as I had such fun with the both of them, at marami akong natutunan playing aroung with them! From just getting root, to changing fonts and themes, moving on to flashing recoveries and ROMs, etc... Napakadaling gawin sa kanila especially on the Omega HD2.0, because mas maraming dev support sa Mediatek proc nya kesa Intel ni Flame 2.0. It was such a great time to be a phone geek.

After those two, I used the Asus Zenfone 5 (A501CG, the first one) in 2015. Medyo na-mod ko pa sya nang konti towards the end of its life with me, pero gumaganda na rin ang functionality ni Android noon para sa akin, not to mention I started to need more apps that didn't work well on root. So I really drifted away from the rooting scene after then. Pero natuto pa rin akong maging spec hound haha! Carried over from my tinkering days, even though I no longer modified my phones, I needed my devices to have the power and functionality my usage style demands. So now I'm rocking a Z Fold3 + three other flagships :-D

Nowadays, I am glad Android evolved its functionality to the point that you don't really need to root anymore to accomplish (almost) anything. But I will always be grateful, as it was those old experiences with rooting & modding that drove me fully into the wacky world of Android.

Really sorry for the rant, the floodgates of happy memories were opened hehe.

not anymore... it just came to the point na nagsawa na ako kakakalikot ng phone. whenever i get a new one, i try to make the new interface similar to my previous... i'm a man of habit :yes:
wala na akong dahilan to modify any of my devices eh... it works the way i want it.. i can easily theme it to look the way i want
in the early android days, i was very active in rooting, finding ways to root, flashing custom kernels, flashing custom roms, bootloader unlocking and relocking, fastboot and ADB commands...
hindi ako sumubok gumawa ng sarili kong custom rom at kernel :lol: so i'm that deep into it :lol:
natuwa na ako sa mga available at that time. parang every week or 2, nagfa-flash ako ng custom rom :lol: i guess mga phone ko at that time was a samsung s2, tab, note 2, sony xperia s... xiaomi mi3 nagflash din pala ako ng custom roms pero medyo sawa na rin at that time kaya i only flashed it a few times maybe

Pano po ba tong realme 11 boss. Nakapag root ako dati using kingroot..Pero now, dina pwede e

Back
Top Bottom