Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[ TUTORIAL ]Hackintosh Basic Guide [MAC on PC]

jhusly

Proficient
Advanced Member
Reaction score

Hi, I've realize there's already quite a number of members here who discovered and able to install macintosh on
their non-macintosh machine. I wanted to start writing this not a tutorial but as Q&A when i was still learning my
way to hackintosh but when i posted a question here about it, I didn't get any response! :lol:

I know there's already some thread existing but I still decided to create a new one for I wanted to elaborate quite
a bit on installing hackintosh on our system and hopefully would be understandable enough for everyone. If a
moderator find this redundant, you can merge it or delete and it would just be fine.

attachment.php

Hackintosh a name adopted for non-macintosh computer running on a complete macintosh operating system.
It's done by modifying the legit release of osx version so that it would be bottable on any computer.

WHAT YOU NEED

• a perfectly working computer of course with atleast dual core processors
    (intel is the most recommended but amd and atom would still work)

LIST OF SUPPORTED PROCESSOR​
    • INTEL : Dual & Quad Core Series, i3, i5, i7, Atom
    • AMD : Phenom, Atlon, FX series
  • a sata hard drive ( should be set in bios from IDE to AHCI )

for complete recommended parts specially for hobbyist who want to assemble from scratch from HERE
  • an osx dvd ( this time we would just use distro release.

Note that there are at least 4 more other highly recommended way of installing hackintosh but requires
purchasing a legit copy of mac osx from appstore which most of us would not usually want to go through specially
for first timer.

DISTRO means a modified copy of the original osx version (e.g. Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion) so that
it would be readily bootable without the need of going through every steps as it was first done on the early days of
hackintosh. This includes but not limited to the release of iAtkos, Blangsak, iNDO, Hazzard and all others. Also note
that there are some rumors/issues with distro and is block from tonymac support for some of them are found embedded
with backdoor trojans.

PRE-INSTALLATION

Download the neccesary files below :

Mac OSX Distro :

Niresh
10.7 - Lion
10.8 - Mountain Lion (Latest)

iAtkos
10.7 - Lion
10.8 - Mountain Lion (Latest)

You could also search the other in your favorite torrent sites or maybe I'll add some soon.

Multibeast - best and easy post-installation tool for fixing some issues like audio, display, ethernet, wifi and other.

[
10.7 - URL="http://www.mediafire.com/?2x6avu060cjf11t"] Lion (pass:jhusly)[/URL]
10.8 - Mountain Lion​

For the start of the post i would use one of the distro has the most success based on my experience and of lesser
kernel panic (equivalent to BSOD in windows). Also i recommend it since i can say that it is clean
and I was able to help him a bit to admin his page on my spare time when he releases his latest distro.

CREATING DVD INSTALLER
Niresh Lion - right-click the .iso file and burn it as image ( if you are using windows 7 or 8), you can also use third-party software to do the job like nero. Be sure to remember to burn the file at the lowest speed to ensure that data is copied correctly.

iAtkos - Download transmac and then use it to burn the file correctly in a Dual-Layer DVD. Kung may access kayo sa mac computer, mount nyu lang yung DMG file then right and burn to DVD.

CREATING BOOTABLE USB another option to create an installer for osx is to use the usb method if supported by the distro maker.
For both iAtkos and Niresh distros - For both, watch it here. Then this tool.
Go to your motherboard's manufacturer's site and be sure to gather the following details :

I would base my example on my system which is :

AMD FX-6100 / Asrock 970 Extreme 3 (installation would just be the same except for few things)

Audio Codec : Realtek ALC892
Lan : Realtek RTL8111E
Graphics Card
Wifi Card (if you have)

HARD DRIVE PARTITION AND BIOS SETTINGS

Create a partition where you want to install the mac osx. If you have a dedicated hard drive for it, then it's better
so you wont mess up your personal files in case you did something wrong. Also rename your partitions to something
that would make sense so you would be able to identify them easily while on osx installation (e.g. C: Windows D: Mac OSX).

Qouted from lifehacker.

Disable Quick Boot. You may have to look around for this, but we've often found this in a section titled Advanced BIOS Settings. Just look for a Quick Boot or Fast Boot option and ensure it is set to disabled.

Configure SATA as AHCI. By default, your motherboard will configure SATA as IDE and you'll need to change this to AHCI. In some cases you'll be asked if you want to do this when you boot up for the first time. If so, choose yes. If not, go into your BIOS and look for this setting as you'll need to make the change for everything to work smoothly.

Change the Boot Device Order. Your BIOS will default to a specific boot order, which means it'll look for a startup volume (where the operating system lives) in various places until it finds one. The boot order is the order in which it checks each location. In general, you want to set your optical drive to first boot device so you can easily boot to a disc by simply putting it in the drive and turning on your machine. The second item in the order should be the hard drive or SSD where you're going to install OS X. The order beyond that isn't terribly important and entirely up to you.

Adjust the Hard Disk Boot Priority. Some BIOS settings pages will also have a setting called Hard Disk Boot Priority, which is used to identify which hard drive to try and boot from first if there are multiple drives in the machine. If you install more than one drive in your hackintosh, be sure to set the Hard Disk Boot Priority to the drive where OS X will be installed.

INSTALLATION

1) Load your mac osx dvd in your dvd-rom and boot from it.
2) Once the darwin boot loader is loaded, press F8 key on your keyboard. Will bring you to drive boot selection.
3) Select where your dvd is and type necessary kernel flags (refer below) before hitting enter.
attachment.php

Niresh bootflags :
If you are using an intel processor (excluding atom), you only have to type "-v"
If you are using an atom processor, type "Kernel Cache"=\atom -v" without the quote
For AMD processors like me, type "Kernel Cache"=\amd arch=i386 –v busratio=your busratio here DSDT=0 DropSSDT=Yes"
Finding the correct busratio for amd user, here (
Common bootflags and usage (http://www.macbreaker.com/2012/01/list-of-common-hackintosh-boot-flags_29.html)

With the "-v" flag on, you would see you screen flooded with scrolling commands line executed. If you are on track, you would then see a Language Selection for mac installation
attachment.php

4) On the top, click Utilities > Disk Utilities
Select the HD partition where you want to install your osx
attachment.php

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DO THIS ONLY WHEN YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOU BOOT SCHEME FROM MBR TO GUID FOR 10.8 INSTALLATION
screenshot20121124at138.png

Note : This will reformat your whole drive.
After completing the instruction above, you can now create your partition by clicking plus "+" sign or the dropdown
below Partition Layout.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5) Open "Erase" tab, under "Format", Select "Mac OS Extended (Journaled). It usually looks like an inactive drop down but its clickable. Now hit "Erase".
Warning : this will reformat the selected partition. Always double check so you won't end up reformatting the wrong drive. And then close the window when formatting is done.
attachment.php

6) The installation window will goes back and then click continue and then select the drive/partition you just formatted. Before hitting install, be sure to customize your installations by hitting "Customize" button at the lower left.
attachment.php

Be sure to check the appropriate kernel for your system else your installation won't boot. Intel users need not to worry this since it is using by default the intel compatible kernel. With your system specifications gathered while ago, use it to select the matching KEXT under Audio, Network. You can opt to leave the "Graphics" option uncheck to avoid kernel panic issues unless your graphics card is listed. For Audio, sometimes even using the corresponding codec listed, you still end up with no sounds. Much of the time, people just opt to install the Universal Audio from VoodooHDA 2.7. Be sure to always select only one for each on every option to avoid conflict that would result to kernel panic. Customizing the installation is quite tricky for beginners and end up the selection a reason for failed installation.
attachment.php

7) You can leave the rest by default and hit "install". This would usually take at least 18mins. With my experience with installation, sometimes it is advisable to move your cursor occasionally specially during the last 5 minutes of installation to avoid the system from freezing. When the cursor disappear, just don't wait no more longer that 5mins and restart the procedure if still seems freezing because it might actually is.
attachment.php

8) When installation is done and complete, you would be greeted with a success message else you have to start over again. The system would then restart itself and remove the dvd.
attachment.php

9)If everything went well, you would be greeted with chameleon bootloader with Niresh custom background in it. Choose your hard drive where you install the osx. Before hitting the return key, type the boot flag you use before during the installation if there is any and then add "-x" on the end. This will force the system in safe mode and load minimal kext to avoid kernel panic. Wait a little while since booting for the first time is quite longer. You would then be greeted with Customization option for you mac which requires some field to be filled. Once everything is done and landing to your mac desktop, restart you mac and then boot again with the previous boot flags except that this time you would replace the additional "-x" with "-f".

Note : if you encounter boot0:error or the like, just insert the dvd installation disk and boot from it while selecting the disk where you have installed you mac osx.

10) Check if the following is working for you to enjoy your mackintosh :

Audio
Lan
Graphics
USB

If one of them failed to work, run mutibeast application to fix the problem. Note : if you are not certain what to install, be sure to remember the location where the KEXT would be installed (it could be seen on the description panel when a certain KEXT is clicked.) It's also a good practice to clone you mac partition once you already have a running installation. Install KEXT from multibleast 1-by-1 so you would know which one works and which one causes kernel panic because this is something unavoidable while learning hackintosh way-around.

For KEXT/FIX download, you can always go to KEXT.COM

FIXING BOOT0:ERROR

Before you start worrying about fixing the boot0:error, you should make sure that the basic functionality of your hackintosh is already working - USB, Audio, Ethernet. If any of them still not working, maybe you should still run multibeast first and fix them one-by-one. Else, we'll proceed.

boot0:error is cause by certain drives with firmwares preventing chameleon/chimera to write into the boot sector, so what we need to do is install the latest version or install it manually while the device is unmounted.

First solution is just to install the latest chameleon bootloader (pass:jhusly)
- just extract the zip file and then double click the .pkg file to install. Boot error should be fixed, if not proceed to the next option.

If above don't work for you, download this (pass:jhusly) and extract it to your desktop.

1) Open the terminal (equivalent of cmd in win) and execute the following command line-by-line.

2) Type "diskutil list"
Now, take note for the partition identifier kung saan naka-install ang mac mo. Mine is "disk0s1"
screenshot20121124at955.png

3) Type "cd" without the qoute, and then drag the bootfix folder into the Terminal and hit enter. Or could also be done by typing "cd /Users/YOURUSERNAMEHERE/Desktop/bootfix"
4) Type "ls" and hit enter. Seeing "boot, boot0, boot0md, boot1h" confirm that you are inside the bootfix folder.
5) Type sudo dd if=boot1h of=/dev/rdisk0s1 - just type in your password when ask.

Replace the disk0s1 kung anu yung sau as per step-2. Wait until the command is completed and then reboot.
Still dont fixed it? Here's the last and sure resort.

1) Use the dvd disk to boot into osx installation. Open "Disk Utility", select the partition where you installed the osx and hit unmount. We need to do this to stop the disk' firmware working that keep blocking the processes above.
bootfix.jpg

Now execute the steps 3 to 5 in the above procedure. This is assuming that "bootfix" folder is still on your desktop.

NEXT
Detailed explaination when using multibeast to fix errors
Fixing appstore, Facetime, iCloud
Legit installation using Unibeast, MyHack, Kakewalk (hopefully) :D

FOR COMPATIBILITY INQUIRIES, PLEASE FOLLOW THIS FORMAT :

PC :
CPU : exact model/variant (ex. i5-2500K)
MOBO : complete model (ex. Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 rev2.0 socket 1155)
GPU : exact model & maker (ex. XFX HD5770)

LAPTOP :
MODEL : Complete name and model (ex. HP ProBook 4540s)
CPU : Intel Core i3 3110M
GPU : HD Graphics 3000
ADDL : manufacturer's link if available

OR SCREENSHOT OF DXDIAG (1 & 2) / CPU-Z AND GPU-Z

Here's my FX-6100 hackintosh anyway

580298_517691378261017_570481121_n.jpg

18243_533570530006435_364337177_n.jpg

6247_533570613339760_2021781016_n.jpg

925_533570756673079_1440500186_n.jpg

14301_533570840006404_1946706739_n.jpg

WANT TO BOOT DUAL/TRIPLE/QUAD AND SO ON...? NO PROBLEM!

1231661_681218065241680_322417313_n.jpg

This is how the bootscreen looks like!

Common Boot Flags and their usage HERE
FOR HARDWARE COMPATIBILITIES CHECK THIS PAGE.
ALSO CHECK THIS FOR SUPPORTED GRAPHICS CARD.

Attachments

• LOGO-FINAL.jpg
    LOGO-FINAL.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 43,457
  • 3-language_selection.jpg
    3-language_selection.jpg
    293.2 KB · Views: 43,531
  • 4 - DiskUtility.jpg
    4 - DiskUtility.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 43,402
  • 5 - Erase.jpg
    5 - Erase.jpg
    497.3 KB · Views: 43,666
  • 6 - Installation.jpg
    6 - Installation.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 8 - Customizations.jpg
    8 - Customizations.jpg
    378.4 KB · Views: 41,649
  • 7 - Customize2.jpg
    7 - Customize2.jpg
    456.3 KB · Views: 43,109
  • 9 - installing.jpg
    9 - installing.jpg
    511.7 KB · Views: 41,114
  • 10 - success.jpg
    10 - success.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 40,289
  • 1 - boot_selection2.jpg
    1 - boot_selection2.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 35,026
Last edited:
Thanks for the thread, usefull sa mga naguumpisa pa lang.

Currently Toshiba C660-M12E gamit ko.

Gumana ang distro ni Niresh versions 10.7 (Lion) at 10.8 (Mountain Lion), for me na medyo buggy ang gawa nya.

While yung iAtkos less bug yung Lion distro nila. I prefer yung iAktos, wala ako gaanong bug na naeexperience, hinihintay ko ang ML release nila.

As of Now gamit ko ang Niresh 10.8
487003_466620240055643_1282361317_n.jpg

481756_468538973197103_1113588076_n.jpg

12862_468539163197084_804052692_n.jpg

Heto ang component ng laptop ko
604008_468586189859048_2122663798_n.jpg

68366_468731386511195_1099286838_n.jpg

Working:
- Wifi
- Keyboard
- Monitor
- Sounds
- webcam

Not working:
- Bluetooth
- Card reader

Video ng laptop ko on action
Video Walkthrough Installation of iAtkos ML on my laptop
Niresh's OS X 10.8.2 With AMD Support using Vaio Y

Last edited:
Will this work on

i5 2500k
P8Z77 m-pro
evga GTX560

Gagana ba pati gpu ko?
Im very positive na gagana yan, native support for cpu although gpu needs some tweaking to maximize performance. Just give it a try and I'll help you here sa abot ng aking makakaya ;)

nice tut bm muna
nice tutorial po pa bm po muna
Better try it sooner! :p

Thanks for the thread, usefull sa mga naguumpisa pa lang.

Currently Toshiba C660-M12E gamit ko.

Gumana ang distro ni Niresh versions 10.7 (Lion) at 10.8 (Mountain Lion), for me na medyo buggy ang gawa nya.

While yung iAtkos less bug yung Lion distro nila. I prefer yung iAktos, wala ako gaanong bug na naeexperience, hinihintay ko ang ML release nila.

As of Now gamit ko ang Niresh 10.8
iAtkos is well-experience hackistosher unlike Niresh who just graduated highschool. But that's no small feat! :) Nice machine by the way and maybe you wanna try editing smbios plist so it display as Macbok, but that purely just about the looks.

Anyway, you can choose whichever you want when you want to try to experiment with hackintoshing. Then afterwards maybe buy a legit copy of OSX from appstore and do a clean install. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
ah, as of now switch back ako sa iAtkos L2, dame pang bug kay Niresh though nag-patch na ko ng patch nya.

Pansin ko lang sa NIresh distro, nagkakaroon ng panic kapag may mga nakasaksak sa USB port, unlike sa iAtkos ay ok naman upon booting.

Ito pals working both on iAtkos at Niresh distro, eto gamit ko
409203_462233307161003_1839930702_n.jpg

HDMI cable on Sony Bravia
438_462375837146750_1073717921_n.jpg

ah, as of now switch back ako sa iAtkos L2, dame pang bug kay Niresh though nag-patch na ko ng patch nya.

Pansin ko lang sa NIresh distro, nagkakaroon ng panic kapag may mga nakasaksak sa USB port, unlike sa iAtkos ay ok naman upon booting.
If your talking about the 10.8 release, yeah buggy tlga yun at sya mismo din nagsabe nyan dahil sa dami ding binago ang apple dun sa release ng os nila. Isa din siguro yan sa dahilan kaya wala pang release si iAtkos for Mountain Lion. But regarding, 10.7v2 ni Niresh, stable sya so far sa mga system na nalagyan ko gamit sya. But if you could afford to buy the legit copy of mountain lion from appstore then you should give it a shot using MyHack or Unibeast installation. You can use personalized DSDT instead of relying on KEXT which usually do the trouble.

Last edited:
Stick na lang ako sa iAtkos L2, hopefully bago matapos ang taon eh marelease ng iAtkos ang ML version nila. ;D

Ok na ko sa distro lang, saka na lang siguro ang pagbili ng orig. XD

21166_462224030495264_1803095568_n.jpg

522187_462229887161345_224842119_n.jpg

487393_462228777161456_1411511454_n.jpg

525625_462230880494579_1413335167_n.jpg

404692_462230327161301_829555552_n.jpg

as long as it satisfy your needs, it doesn't matter which one is it. ;)

Anyway, you might as well want to get the latest combo update for Lion (10.7.5) if you like. :)

Nga pala, ganda ng laptop mo. Parang gusto ko din tuloy bumili ng laptop. :lol:

Last edited:
pano ba maresolve ang kernel panic? nagrun kasi ako ng multibeast tapos ayun nag panic na..
may mali ata akong napindot.. format na lang ba? :(

Yup, i will stick to iAtkos L2 for the mean time, im wondering na bumili ng netbook para iinstall din ang hackintosh doon. masyado kasing malaki itong laptop kapag dinala.

yup, now downloading ako. ;D
63804_469761813074819_240978969_n.jpg

pano ba maresolve ang kernel panic? nagrun kasi ako ng multibeast tapos ayun nag panic na..
Kung tanda mo pa kung anu ang ininstall mo from multibeast, all you have to do is delete it from the Extension location.

Best practice when using multibeast lalo kung di ka masyadong sure sa ininstall mo or more like trial'n error, select one kext at a time then take note kung anu pangalan ng file na maiinstall at location. During kernel panic, boot in your windows installation and install mac drive if to access your mac partition and then go to the directory where your new kext is installed and delete it. Boot in safemode first.

BM muna bro. :thanks:
thanks for sharing...
try nyu na din to experience mac in pc. Its an amazing and clean os.

Yup, i will stick to iAtkos L2 for the mean time, im wondering na bumili ng netbook para iinstall din ang hackintosh doon. masyado kasing malaki itong laptop kapag dinala.

yup, now downloading ako. ;D
Pwede din naman sa mga netbook. Yung nga lng di tlga natin maasure kng magwowork lahat ng hardware specialy wifi.

Reminder pala, delete sleepenabler kung meron ka then run multibeast before restart.

Last edited:
maghanap na lang siguro ang nearest compatible hardware ng netbook. ;D

Downloading pa din ako ng combo update, obserbahan ko ang pagbabago.

Random Screenshots:
59626_462233233827677_1484796152_n.jpg

22294_462245947159739_796749701_n.jpg

396342_462255183825482_558991673_n.jpg

552410_462258997158434_302484364_n.jpg

602299_462258937158440_572633873_n.jpg

Kung tanda mo pa kung anu ang ininstall mo from multibeast, all you have to do is delete it from the Extension location.

Best practice when using multibeast lalo kung di ka masyadong sure sa ininstall mo or more like trial'n error, select one kext at a time then take note kung anu pangalan ng file na maiinstall at location. During kernel panic, boot in your windows installation and install mac drive if to access your mac partition and then go to the directory where your new kext is installed and delete it. Boot in safemode first.

ok tnx sir sa suggestion.. ang malas ko sa niresh.. mag iatkos na lang.. downloading na 1 gb left.. hehe :D

may screenshot ka ng panic?

try mong itype bago magboot. -f -v

gumana rin sa wakas! hehe.. :excited:
I applied the iatkos L2 method at nakahanap din ako ng kext file package for my laptop kaya ayos na ayos.. :D

Screen_Shot_2012_11_23_at_6_26_38_PM.png

Back
Top Bottom