Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Your Favorite PARODY Movies

count_wapac

The Devotee
Advanced Member
Reaction score
I was answering a thread about the last film i saw when i realized how much i dig PARODY movies.
So i decided to make this in honor of that. Lol. No. Seriously guys, maybe you'd find some of these awesome too.

First things first.

par·o·dy
'per?de/
noun
noun: parody; plural noun: parodies

an imitation of the style of a particular writer, artist, or genre with deliberate exaggeration for comic effect.

in contemporary usage, is a work created to mock, comment on, or poke fun at an original work, its subject, author, style, or some other target,
by means of humorous, satiric or ironic imitation.

Note: I kinda am a film school dropout so lets get thing straight. PARODY Films can be construed differently with SATIRE. Some may even differentiate it with SELF-AWARE and METACINEMA. But hell, who's got time for that? Lets keep this fun and simple for everyone. But if you're still interested in film genre specifics, remember: GOOGLE is your friend.

Why i like 'em: It is a playful nod from some things we already know. It uses a sort of wink-wink move that clues us (the audience) on the film subject. Kumbaga parang, we are ALL IN ON the joke. Kaya naman its the PERFECT BARKADA movie.

Although not always critically acclaimed, most Parodies are Blockbuster Hits so I'm sure you know them. Let's get these three out of the way:

1. Not Another Teen Movie (2001)

Early 2000s was big on SPOOFS. If you are a teen during these years, chances are you've seen
Captain America and his BANANA split hehe.

View attachment 243744

2. Scary Movie Series (2001)

[video]http://www.miramax.com/watch?v=10MGtsYToxK1doQyy_EwAtE9Uvsts25G[/video]

The first two were golden. And the rest, crap.

View attachment 243746

Yes, that is StarLord's wife.

3. Shrek Movies.

A Parody of our well loved Fairy Tales.

Who doesn't love Shrek?

Here's My Top Ten albeit Di ko masyado Pinag-isipan. Just on the top of my head, these are the most memorable ones. The ones I really liked. Marami pang mas maganda (or mas panget). Maybe I'll add more. Or better yet, kayo, dagdag niyo sa inyo. Enough Talk. In No Particular Order..

Here's My Top Ten Parody Films

1. Last Action Hero (1993)

A young fan transported inside a movie to meet his ultimate Action Hero. And who better to play that than Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Liked it way before i knew what a Parody Film is.

2. Austin Powers

Admit it. There are alot of silly things from James Bond movies: The gadgets, the Bond girls, the villains.
This film made fun of those.. but in a good way.

Case on Point:

If James Bond Octopussy has Pussy Galore..
View attachment 243735

..Austin Powers has Allotta Fagina.
View attachment 243736
Lol. Case Closed.

(mods, don't ban me po. they're real characters from the movies. pramis)

3. Shaun of the Dead.

Poked fun with the Zombie phenomenon way before Zombieland. (Another Good Parody Film). Stars Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. They are the British James Franco and Seth Rogen. And might i add, experts on Parodies too.

View attachment 243737

I especially like MEL BROOKS movies. He's the granDADDY of Parody Movies for me. These maybe old but the humor is timeless..

4. Robin Hood: Men in Tights (1993)

If this trailer ain't enough. Then I can't help you.

5. Spaceballs (1987)

Not the best from Mel Brooks, many would say. But Dark Vader in a Penis Helmet.. 'Nuff Said.

And the classic..

6. The Princess Bride (1987)

Just trust me on this one.

This gem i caught on cable. Glad I did.

7. Galaxy Quest (1999)

If Spaceballs are for Star Wars fan, this one is for Trekkies. This is so good even the actors of the original STAR TREK films/series are fans of this movie.

My picks from recent years..

These two, bato lang ang hindi tatawa.

8. They Came Together (2014)

I recommend guys to watch this with the girlfriend. Its a Chick Flick that makes fun of the Boy-Meets-Girl Formula most RomComs use.
And did I mention Robin aka Maria Hill has lotsa funny sex scenes here?

View attachment 243745

9. Tropic Thunder (2008)

Y'all gotta see Robert Downey Jr. play an Oscar-seeking actor who plays Black guy in a movie, in the movie. (getit?) I repeat: Black Guy. And guess what? Ironically, Iron Man actually scored an Oscar nomination for this one. Crazy!

And my personal favorite..

10. The Cabin in the Woods (2012)

Its a story about a Jock, a Slut, a Nerd, a Fool and a Virgin. Typical Horror movie characters who stay the night in a typical Cabin in the woods.. Typical Horror Story? Think Again.

Genius handling of horror tropes and cliches. In fact don't research this movie. Just watch it.

And If you only know JOSS WHEDON because of Avengers, then let me school you with the man's awesomeness with this one. You're Welcome.

Also, Thor.

View attachment 243739
and an INFINITY GEM?

And there you have it. Lahat naman to sikat halos eh. So grab yourselves a copy (you know the drill) and lemme know what you think.

Better yet, share your own favorite PARODY movies. Welcome po ang recommendations, especially sa mga butihing uploaders. Baka meron kayo jan links.

Pls feel free to share!

View attachment 243741

Thanks for reading. :alright:

Attachments

• AnnaFaris.jpg
    AnnaFaris.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Pussy Galore.gif
    Pussy Galore.gif
    1,010.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Allota.gif
    Allota.gif