Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

High Dynamic Range (HDR) plus BOKEH and Long Exposure

sleepyfox_20

The Martyr
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Power Stone
Time Stone
If you're a fan of HDR Photography and BOKEH, please share your images here.
by the way, i'm a government employee and a freelance photographer as well. i love landscape and macro photography. Solid Canonista :lol: i'm using a mid-level canon 600D plus a sigma 10-20mm for landscapes, reversed 18-55mm for macros.

here's a brief overview of HDR from someone:

WHAT IS HDR PHOTOGRAPHY?
HDR is short for High Dynamic Range. It is a post-processing task of taking either one image or a series of images, combining them, and adjusting the contrast ratios to do things that are virtually impossible with a single aperture and shutter speed.
An HDR image is commonly made by taking three photos of the same scene, each at different shutter speeds. The result is a bright, medium, and dark photo, based on the amount of light that got through the lens. A software process then combines all the photos to bring details to the shadows and highlights both. This helps to achieve the same task in the final photograph that the human eye can accomplish on the scene.
I would say that about 75% of my images use the technique, and if you are new to it, then you may notice a slightly different “look and feel” to the photographs. There are all kinds of nerdy technical things I can say about HDR, but in case you are like me, you can learn best by example. I posted a bunch of my HDR photos below.
To me, the HDR process helps the photos look more… let’s say… evocative.
I can talk a little bit more about the philosophy behind the photography style here for a quick moment. You might consider that the way the human brain keeps track of imagery is not the same way your computer keeps track of picture files. There is not one aperture, shutter speed, etc. In fact, sometimes when you are in a beautiful place or with special people and you take photos — have you ever noticed when you get back and show them to people you have to say, “Well, you really had to be there.” Even great photographers with amazing cameras can only very rarely grab the scene exactly as they saw it. Cameras, by their basic-machine-nature, are very good at capturing “images”, lines, shadows, shapes — but they are not good at capturing a scene the way the mind remembers and maps it. When you are actually there on the scene, your eye travels back and forth, letting in more light in some areas, less light in others, and you create a “patchwork-quilt” of the scene. Furthermore, you will tie in many emotions and feelings into the imagery as well, and those get associated right there beside the scene. Now, you will find that as you explore the HDR process, that photos can start to evoke those deep memories and emotions in a more tangible way. It’s really a wonderful way of “tricking” your brain into experiencing much more than a normal photograph.
WHAT KIND OF CAMERA DO YOU NEED TO MAKE HDR PHOTOS?
Really, the hardware does not matter… The bulk of the look comes from the software process, as described in the aforementioned tutorial.
I have a Nikon D3X, but it does not require a camera that beefy to make photos like the ones you see on the site. In fact, many of my photos were taken with a camera that only costs a fraction of this beast. I have a full rundown of some HDR camera recommendations here on the site as well. You can get started in this hobby fairly cheaply!
original post here: http://www.stuckincustoms.com/hdr-photography/

here's a sample from my flickr account:
9585770059_e745c666f2_b.jpg

Last edited:
Re: High Dynamic Range (HDR) Images - Post it Here

2nd & 3rd image from my flickr account:
8639238564_d470bd92e6_b.jpg

9055516074_93eb7c5a59_b.jpg

Last edited:

here's a shot from my office camera, canon 1000D:
9120396035_cbe298231a_b.jpg

2 more shares for today:
8369605334_cf34c06f67_b.jpg

9070335985_4fa2502eda_b.jpg

my share for today. share na din kayo mga ka-symbianize :lol:
8727996398_45ec2ffb92_b.jpg

8655917131_6b32879ecc_b.jpg

Morning share:
9695754625_4ea3254383_b.jpg

here's one more:
9711159878_b194bac2cf_b.jpg

pashare po:
8661203343_c22620cf31_b.jpg

pashare po..
1167542_652505741441272_1232902541_o.jpg

Last edited:

pa share din po...
6796571304_e63e8ea5e7_b.jpg

6942682149_dc34dda509_b.jpg

Last edited:

ayuuus :clap: salamat sa pag-share sir. parang konti lang nag-e-hdr dito sa symbianize :lol:
ano photoclub mo jan sa laoag city sir? baka kilala mo si sir SJ Alano kasi :thumbsup:

hindi lang siguro napapansin ng mga ibang photographer itong thread sir, dun sa official photography thread kamihan ang post nila... hihihi!

sir wala po akong group dito samin.. hindi kasi ako professional photographer sir eh. pero may mga kakilala din naman na group ng photographer dito..

:wow:

ang galing naman po kua
ok lang po bang hiramin ko yun stock mu po?
magagamit ko kasi sa photomanipulation eh
kung ok lang po
keep on sharing po​

Great! ts mgkano po bili nyo sa sigma 10-20 mo? pano workflow nyo sana post din kayo konting tips & tricks at software n gamit :-)

Try ko lang saken..

2u88008.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

111jdp4.jpg

Last edited:

meron ka bang tutorial jan ts, kung paano mag adjust ng ganyan hdr shot. at ano gamit mong software thanks.

:wow:

ang galing naman po kua
ok lang po bang hiramin ko yun stock mu po?
magagamit ko kasi sa photomanipulation eh
kung ok lang po
keep on sharing po​

para sa akin ba 'to? :lol:if this is intended for me,oks lang naman sir. just give proper credit. paki-attach nalang sa credit: Grupong PIKONS. no need to mention my name and my username here. yan po group ko.salamat..

- - - Updated - - -

Great! ts mgkano po bili nyo sa sigma 10-20 mo? pano workflow nyo sana post din kayo konting tips & tricks at software n gamit :-)
23k po.

thanks for sharing :)

meron ka bang tutorial jan ts, kung paano mag adjust ng ganyan hdr shot. at ano gamit mong software thanks.
marami po tuts sa youtube. you can use photomatix pro tapos tweak mo sa cs5/cs6 sa LR4 or LR5. :)

Kuya anung tawag sa tricks na yan po?
Pwede bang gawin yan sa regular picture po?
Interesado din kasi akong matuto eh

Back
Top Bottom