Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

How to get a job in Call Center? [questions, opinions & experiences are wel

Re: want to work in a BPO company???

I think only convergys is the only bpo that has a procedure where they are going to show some image and you're going to make a story out of it.I know because i also tried to be part of convergys(hehe!),but unfortunately,even though i make a story out of the picture that i pick i-still didn't make it.:slap:

is there any bpo that you could suggest which is located at ortigas?Stating the name of the bldg will also be a big help-because i had a hard time last time looking for convergys bldg.

wow!nakatulong ng sobra sakin ito!pabookmark,lalu na ang STAR!
tinatry ko sagutin yung describe color violet to a blind person headache sobra!:upset:

@mhapuzook

(additional info ito)
btw, kasi broad ang BPO... dalawa pa kasi yan VOICE or NON-VOICE ACCOUNTS. san ka confident? if it doesnt matter to you then... here's what to do?

1) you're looking for a company, right? try to google "CALL CENTER PHILIPPINES 2010" look for companies currently hiring...
2) screen it. find out which suits you... like Location of the company, time, and what kind of BPO it is - is it for MEDICAL, TELECOM, SALES.
3) after that, do little research about that company.. like what accouts do they have... meron din blogs almost every BPO company in google.

what to remember:
1) BE PREPARED. it's time to harness all advices given to you here or learn from another.
2) BE NEAT. Wear POLO shirts.. most great BRO company have standards - you are evaluated from the time you enter that interviewers door... its always best to give them a good impression.
3) Avoid fillers sa interview like uhm, ahm.. etc
4) Sa INITIAL interview, most questions will came from your RESUME/CV. (Iba ang CV sa RESUME ok, ang CV kumpleto, RESUME is summarize data, max of 2pages)

How to prepare your CV/RESUME?
1) There's NO Standard CV therefore you're best chances is to arrange them in a better format.
2) For a newly grad like you, I dont advise to use old formats like Personal Info first, Education, etc... its a crap (a lesser points) for Call Centers/BPO... they dont care how old you are, who are your folks, or where do live kapag ganun ang format mo.
3) The best format i can give you , is this
a. OBJECTIVES
* You'll suck if you answer this the old fashion way, "To earn experience..."
* YOu answer this by, "WHAT CAN YOU DO FOR THE COMPANY" Not "What the company can do to you.."
b. QUALIFICATIONS
* Self-explanatory (What can you do?) Other info: Can you do multi-tasking? Are you ok in fast pace envionment? Can you easily adapt/learn?
c. EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
* if you don't have one kasi new grad ka, OJT/Intership is good to add here. why? This answer what working experiences you have. OJT's is also a pre-work experiences.
(* if CV naman, it's good to place your achievements here for every company na employed ka.)
d. EDUC. BACKGROUND
* You can also place Seminars Attended, and other Certifications here
e. PERSONAL PROFILE
f. CHARACTER REFERENCES

Why arranging this CV/RESUME important?
** Simply because your RESUME/CV is a tool to sell (or Excel) yourself to the company. :)
** Imagine you are an Interviwer then you have loads/tons of RESUME to evaluate it in a limited time. Mababasa mo ba lahat iyon page-by-page -- HINDI di ba? in fact, experts said they will only read the top thirds of the first page upon given limited time.
** as you can see, i place on top OBJECTIVES, QUALIFICATIONS, etc in such manner so that you can easily catch the interest of the interviewer.. (arranged according to importance)

FINALLY BE CONFIDENT DON'T BE AFRAID. (They can smell Fear! Hahaha!) They don't care if you have a lots of experiences etc.. what do they care is to screen people who are QUALIFIED (not just the best) among the rest.

Whew, i can add more or pwede ko na i-thread ito kaso im too sleepy na... hahaha

grabe marameng salamat dito!!hindi ito nilelecture :thumbsup::praise:

To onecruz: Thank you sir for that additional info, now I have an idea how to organize my resume. Also regarding on how to search for jobs online.

To <<esmh!e_09>> : Thank you for starting this thread, I'll be keeping track of this. I haven't tried look for jobs yet but this thread gave me an idea on how to be prepared. I badly need to practice my English because I lack confidence in expressing myself verbally.

Is there any BPO companies that accepts fresh graduates? Actually I'm a nursing student and just waiting if I passed the board but I heard there are a lot of companies that discriminates nursing so it'll be tough for me to get my first job.

nice thread.

This is not for only BPO company but it is a guide for the one who want to apply.

especially for me, I'm a Math major but I'm not fluently in English. i want to practice my English skills by using it in my daily life. like talking to my girlfriend and friends in English khit english Carabao ako.hahahaha or reading books that written in english.

sorry if i have a wrong grammars. please check it to correct my mistake.

Question:

Are you agree that the person who was great in Math is has difficult in English?

I think only convergys is the only bpo that has a procedure where they are going to show some image and you're going to make a story out of it.I know because i also tried to be part of convergys(hehe!),but unfortunately,even though i make a story out of the picture that i pick i-still didn't make it.:slap:

is there any bpo that you could suggest which is located at ortigas?Stating the name of the bldg will also be a big help-because i had a hard time last time looking for convergys bldg.

Ortigas? sakto

hiring po kami. SYKES ASIA. hehe. 19th floor ng One San Miguel Bldg. (tabi ng lourdes school of mandaluyong)

-hiring ngaun is hp account(dayshift) new account yan

-marami pang hiring na account pero not sure ako kung tsr/csr.

-sykes has one of the best environment and best benefits. kht mababa lang starting. hehe

APPLY NA! :)

@rampz
galing na ko diyan,nakaabot ako hanggang final interview pero di ako natanggap,kulang pa daw ako sa ACCENT. .isipin mu yun,nakarating ako ng final interview tapos sumablay pa?Hehe. .sayang. Job offer na sana if nakalusot. :slap: papost naman if may n0n-v0ice bpo ka na alam,frustrated v0ice agent na ko,n0n-v0ice na lang sana. .:lol:

@rampz
galing na ko diyan,nakaabot ako hanggang final interview pero di ako natanggap,kulang pa daw ako sa ACCENT. .isipin mu yun,nakarating ako ng final interview tapos sumablay pa?Hehe. .sayang. Job offer na sana if nakalusot. :slap: papost naman if may n0n-v0ice bpo ka na alam,frustrated v0ice agent na ko,n0n-v0ice na lang sana. .:lol:

oh? anung account ka nainterview? alam ko kasi pag di pumasa sa account interview pede irefer sa ibang account.

actually nung 1st apply ko.,bumagsak din ako.(hanggang 2nd interview lang ako tpos sabi sakin wala pang open na account na pede ako. tsr kasi inapplyan ko nun.

hehe. pero binalikan ko sila after 3 months. ayun pumasa naman as tsr position,. happy naman. depende din sa account yan.

mag TSr ka sa mga inaapplyan mo. , mas masaya at hindi lahat fluent ang need.

hehe

non voice po? hmmm. wala ko alam eh. sa jobstreet search ka nalang po. lam ko marami dito sa ortigas. :)

try and try lang po. :salute:

:wow: you made my thread alive., hehe! :thanks:

i haven't updated this thread., my apologies..

i'll answer some of your questions later., i'm still travelling., on my way to the office., of course calls again., haaay.. :D

@rampz

meron email support sa sitel yata yun

@rampz

tsk tsk :slap:

sayang naman yun mhapz., for non-voice account i know one here in alabang., then in makati also., if you're fine working in makati., try at 24/7 cause i believe they have email and online games accounts., same with telus located in taguig., the problem is it's really too far from your place., try to search it in job site., :D

yup. agree ako. sa telus maraming account na ganun, nung june nag hiring sila ng mafia wars at farmville email support. natawa nga ko eh. i thought kalokohan lang ng telus, kaso june pa yun

. at mahirap ata mag apply dun. haha.

look sa jobstreet.com nalang po. para may updates ka lagi. or if you want to pursue na mag voice account pero di kapa ready.

why not try TELEDEVELOPMENT SERVICES. sa Robinson's tower(tabi ng robinson galleria) nakalimutan ko na yung floor.

-it s a call center training.. pag pumasa ka sa initial assessment nila, they can endorse you agad sa ibang company.. pero if di mo pa kaya. itetrain ka nila for 2 weeks.

ang saya mag training dun kasi limited slots lang at swerte ka if ang trainer mo eh c MIA. galing niya super!. then may 150 allowance pa per day.

try mo lang habang wala kapa work. ^^

I experienced a wierd question for my Final interview...HOw your gonna upsell an Ice in North Pole!!????hahaha

anu sinabi mo solace? haha. parang selling an AC din in N.P , hehe

dapat sinabi mo. it's not an ordinary ice. maraming secret ingredient ang mga ice ko. :rofl:

@solace - weird question nga yan.hehe. sales account ba inaplayan mo?

@esmhie - anong account mo? :)

mukang toxic jan sa bpo hehehehe

sorry but i am not familiar with the bpo companies around ortigas.,

and another thing., convergys is not the only bpo who does that interview technique of showing figures and pictures coz ibm deutsch do same thing.. :D

@solace - weird question nga yan.hehe. sales account ba inaplayan mo?

@esmhie - anong account mo? :)

why??, it's confidential., hehe! :D

ok. no problem.. natanong ko lang.hehe

Back
Top Bottom