Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Idiot's Guide to pass the Call Center interview with TIPS and TRICKS

godslayer

Novice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
UPDATE: I'm BACK!! UP ko lang po etong thread ko for aspiring call center agents out there! SORRY guys for not being able to respond to your questions. My account has been banned for some reason but I'll continue to update this thread for all of you.

IF you have questions or suggestions feel free to post them here:thumbsup::thumbsup:

It was the year 2008, After 10 long years of high school life (note: Di ako bumabagsak sa mga test, humihinto lang ako mga bandang november kaka cutting!! hehe) I finally got my diploma or should I say "my ticket to college". Graduate ako ng ALS or Alternative Learning System. It was a night school. Hindi ko din pinasukan ung mga remaining months pero nkapag apply ako for final exam. Aun!, nakatsamba! Pero alam ko namn na papasa ako at eto pa: I was baked the night before I took the exam. Baked from weed that is, :rofl:Then It came a time in my life when I realized I'm gonna be needing money in the long run. Hindi tau habambuhay estudyante kaya nag try ako sa call center. After taking B.S. in Information Technology (1st year lang ako, may bagsak akong subject = Filipino :beat:), I decided to look for work. At that time I was not really fluent in spoken english, pero I understand english 100% because I use to read Casper and Archie comics when I was a kid. Una ako nag try sa NCO together with my high school friend. (Note: 4 years syang tapos sa college). Unang step short interview lang, hinidi pa un ung initial tingin ko lang. Just a few questions lang then testing room. Computer exam, listening exam and grammar exam. Guess what, pasado ako lahat pero ung kasama ko bagsak!! hahaha! :rofl:. Sa 13 call centers na napasukan ko di pa ako bumagsak sa exam. Tapos nun na interview nako. Dun ako kumulelat. I didn't know what to say. Na discourage ako nung una pero I persevered. Natanggap na din ako sa wakas and my first CC was in SYKES and Technical Support pa!! Palm account ako nun. (Palm is the competitor or Blackberry). Smartphones ang mga hinahandle namin. Sa training tinuturuan kami kung panu mag lagay ng games sa phone, mag synchornize ng email atbp.. Ang hawak ko nun ay ung Palm Centro. Bagong labas pa un nung time na un. Pero di nagtagal na term ako dahil sa puro late ko. I found my second life in the industry at Trec Pacific. I also got hired as TSR. Nag apply ako dun 7pm ng gabi! Nakuha ko ung Job Offer ko 4am:rofl:. Nakaktamad na mag kuwento pero eto ung mga iba ko pang napasukan:

In no particular order:

1) Sykes (TSR)
2) Trec Pacific (TSR)
3) ICT (binili na ng Sykes) (CSR)
4) NCO (after my 4th attempt nakatsamba din!) (CSR)
5) Scopeworks Asia (Non-voice BPO; Pag sinabi ng customer "Fuck you" isusulat mo as is) (More like a transcriptionist pero BPO pa din)
6) Rainmaker Asia (TSR)
7) Just Flowers (stand alone CC sa shaw. tumatawag ako sa mga mourge para i confirm ung delivery.;))
8) TRG (CSR)
9) Sitel (CSR)
10) PNI (5 days lang ako d2 kasi squatter! hehe)
11) Stellar (CSR) (tanginang Directory assistant yan 700 calls per day!, Nag awol nga ako!! hehe)
12) I won't mention my current CC pero I'm now a TSE (Technical Support Engineer, pinakamarami na ang 8 calls per day!!!, As I'm writing this patapos na shift ko pero I only have 2 calls!! Aus sa petiks!! Pwede na ung sahod, mga 18k per month.

Update 12/16/13:

13) Stream Global Services (Non Voice)
14) SPI GLOBAL (Toxic ung account, dealt with Prepaid Debit Cards)
15) TSD GLOBAL ( Asteeg dito kasi weekly ung sweldo! )
Will try on Telus to see what they have to offer..:yipee:
,).

TIPS AND TRICKS:

Advise ko lang sa mga job seekers and newly grads out there na i take advantage nyo ang BPO or Bussiness Process Outsoursing. All you need is a "good" conversational English.

Initial Interview:

Wag kang kabahan. Look straight into the eyes of the interviewer. Answer directly wag paikut-ikot. Don't say negative things, always positive. Avoid talking too much, Focus with the basics, Begin with your name, nickname, where you live, etc. Of course you need to say it with confidence and good grammar. Talk like about 2-3 min. Be ready when the interviewer asks you based on what you said like for example:

Applicant: I just came from a vacation. (add casual conversations like this one)
Interviewer: How was it?
Applicant: It was great! We spent the whole night drinking.(or you can invent your own).

Keep in mind that the initial interview is a critical part of the process. It's do or die.

Additional tips:

Kung hopper ka wag ka na lang mag declare ng previous work mo. Sabihin mu 1st time ka nag work but be ready for the questions: (Note: Sample lang eto, bahala na kau mag iba).

Q:Why did you choose to work in a call center?
Suggested answer: Personally for me, I wanted to try something new as well as meet new friends. I also see this as an opportunity to put my skills to good use.
Q:What skills? (If the interviewer asks)
Suggested answer: Those skills are my ability to multitask, my computer knowledge (if you're applying for TSR) and my ability to speak conversational english (make sure you really do have this skill).

Q:Why should we f**cking hire you?
Suggested answer: You should hire me because I believe I have the skills and abilities that your company is looking for considering I have no experience yet in the call canter industry.
Q:What skills? (See answer above)

Exams:

Multiple choice exam - Kaya nyo nato. Basic English, Math and Logical thinking. Kung bagsak ka dito bobo ka hehe joke. Kung bobo ka nga o kaya napurol utak mo kakatambay lang, review your basic geometry,algebra and english grammar book.

Typing exam - it really depends on the center. Merong 30,35, or 25 wpm (words per minute). Pag addict ka naman sa computer wala lang eto.

Listening exam - Pag bagsak ka dito bingi ka o kaya kulang ka sa focus. May nakikita akong bumabagsak pa din dito.

After you have passed all these wag muna kayo mag celebrate dahil hindi pa tapos !:rofl:.

Behavioral interview (again it depends on the CC kung meron nito):

Answer with confidence. Pag tinanong - Why did you resign from your previous company? Don't say negative things about your boss, colleagues or the management. Say that you did it for personal reasons like: you want to look for more opportunities like career growth (sawa kana mag agent).

Another example:

Q: How do you see yourself 2-5 years from now? (Remember to be positive..:beat:)
Suggested Answer: I see myself as a team leader who will lead this company to it's full potential. (Again the rest it's up to you).

Q: How long do you plan to stay with the company? (Be careful of your answer here.., tinitignan lang ung staying power nyo if ever ma hire kayo).
Suggested answer: I plan to stay as long as the account that I will be assigned with will not be dissolved.

Q: What are your weaknesses? (Medyo mahirap lusutan eto, Minsan may bumabagsak dahil lang sa question na eto.) The trick to answering this is to say first a certain weakness you have and back it up on how you coped with it like for example:

My weakness is I tend to talk too fast when I am excited about something that is work related. I have taken steps to slow it down by forcing myself to think before I speak. (Just improvise this answer or you can make your own based on the format = say the weakness >>>> then back it up with how you prevented it from happening again :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Final Interview:

Eto na! It's a win or go home situation. Iba-iba ang nag iinterview dito sa part na to. Pwedeng TL (team leader), QA (Quality analyst) or OM (Operations Manager). Minsan ung trainer na gumagawa. Same questions din tulad ng initial and behavioral interviews. Dipende na din sa interviewer kung anu ang trip nyang itanong. Make sure you look positive and have a willing to work attitude.:pray: Marami na din akong nakitang bumabagsak dito. (Isa na ako dun :clap:) Minsan na din akong nabigo sa parteng to. Kung bumagsak ka nga e bobo ka talaga hehe :lmao::lmao:. Kung bobo ka nga kelangan mu mag refresh ng utak at wag mag inarte na hindi mu talaga kaya. Just try and try until you die! (or until you suceed):upset::upset:.

For the record mga nasa 35 centers na ako nag apply pero failed!! 13 lang dyan ang napasukan ko. You'll never know where your luck is. Pero syempre it's worth the pain and suffering pag natanggap kana. Saan ka makakakita ng starting na 15k + 3k allowance without even finishing college? Ung mga nagrereklamo na fresh grad dyan na kesyo di daw sila makakuha ng trabaho, MGA TAMAD YAN!! :rofl::rofl::rofl:, The Philippines now is actually beginning to get the title "Call center hub of Asia". Kaya marami dyang call center and take note: hindi kau nagtatrabaho para sa mga pinoy, you have international clients and corporate pa! Sarap pa pumetiks. Ako iniisip ko na lang para hindi ako tamarin, na kakalibre ako ng internet habang binabayaran nila ako ng 18k per month! Marami pa akong natututunang technical pag dating sa computer since I'm handling a technical account now. Kunyari busy.... un pala busy sa pag iinternet!! HAHA! :lol::lol:. I love this industry.

Additional tricky questions:
(You can use the answers here or make up your own).

The trick here is don't focus too much on the question, but rather say what you think is possible to happen. There really is no right or wrong answer here. In fact, the interviewer doesn't really care about the answer. It's how you deliver it! (Remember the interviewer is still watching out for those grammars and that's what they are really focusing on!) and last make it simple and of course understandable..:thumbsup:

Q:How will you explain the color red to a blind person?
Suggested answer: The first thing that I will do is put the blind person beside a fire and that way, he will feel the heat. Heat represents fire, on that point he will understand that fire represents the color red. (Makes sense? :lol:)

Q:Why is the cover of the manhole round?
Suggested answer: The makers of the manhole cover made it round because it is much easier to manufacture unlike other shapes which is harder to produce.:lmao::lmao:

Nga pala.., I'm doing PTC (pay to click) during my shift. Kaka start ko lang. Sana totoo eto. Kung may nakagawa na sa inyo nito enge advise haha lol.. :rofl::rofl:

to be continued!!!
.....:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::salute:

If you find this helpful, don't be shy to hit the :thanks: button!

Update 12/16/13:

Still in the industry unfortunately haha. By the way, I'm planning to finish my college this coming June. I'll start from scratch and will pursue a 4 year course! Medyo magiging mahirap kasi nag ka baby boy nako pero kakayanin! :p. Nag decide ako na magtapos ng college because I realized iba na din ung nakapagtapos. Gusto ko na ding maging stable ung career ko. I'll be back in the BPO industry after I graduate pero not as an agent, maybe as an I.T. Admin or Operations Manager haha kapal! :dance:

Anyway, if you have further questions you can post it here and I'll be glad to answer them. For those who are asking what to answer to the question, "tell me about yourself". The answer is simple. Just start with your name, college education, what school did you come from and why you chose your course then shift to hobbies, pastimes, part time jobs if any then finally talk about your career. The key to answering this question is don't overtalk and always use diferrent subjects - what I mean here is don't overuse the "I" very often like I live at.., I started my college in.., I mostly play basketball etc. Besides using "I", also use my.., before I started college.., when I worked as..., you get the point:naughty: GOOD LUCK GUYS!!

Last edited:
Re: My Call Center Adventure with TIPS and TRICKS

waw :) slayer is a street smart nice!
although studies and title is good -- one should not let it interfere with one's education

more power slayer! have a good one :D

waw :) slayer is a street smart nice!
although studies and title is good -- one should not let it interfere with one's education

more power slayer! have a good one :D

Sure thanks! :salute::salute::salute:

Nice,thanks TS..its a great help for us..i wonder what call center c0mpanies are accepting hs graduate?THNX

Nice thread. Taga marikina ka ba? Kasi karamihan ng pinasukan mo malapit dito. Like nco, ict and sykes. :)

me sykes sa makati, gilmore ortigas. ICT sa shaw dati at unionbank ortigas at rcbc makati. nco una nila sa mother ignacia abs cbn.

My Call Center Adventure with TIPS and TRICKS

Nice,thanks TS..its a great help for us..i wonder what call center c0mpanies are accepting hs graduate?THNX

Some of CC i know who accepts HS Grad. are:

Sykes
NCO

Kalimutan ko na ung iba e, just try ur luck
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Or try mu style ko: Mag 1st year ka khit saang college tapos sabihin mu sa interviewer tapos ka ng 2 years with no back subject. :lol:

Nice thread. Taga marikina ka ba? Kasi karamihan ng pinasukan mo malapit dito. Like nco, ict and sykes. :)

No sir :noidea:, For security purposes I cannot disclose my location hehe, ICT marikina ako sir and Union Bank nung na Ondoy kami dun:rofl::rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:

ayos to ts..salamat ng marami tlaga..mor power and Godbless..

hahah astig ang tricks m bossing...

Re: (UPDATED) My Call Center Adventure with TIPS and TRICKS

ok to ts, minsan nga mas ok pa yata graduate Hs na lang kaysa graduate ka nga pero parang wala ka naman natutunan, wala naman yan sa may pinagaralan well may advantage nga talaga kung nakatapos ka, pero hindi lang naman yan batayan para makasurvive ka dapat talaga madiskarte ka in order to success. Thanks TS for this, btw Nursing grad. ako pero hirap ako makapasok sa call center kase yung ibang Company BAN ang mga NUrsing graduate. kainis yun diba? yung iba naman mahirap talaga yung pinagdadaanan bago makapasa, tulad ko mga 1st to fourth stage of obstacles nakakasurvive ako pero nafafailed ako sa huli, nakakabagsak lang talaga ng ego pero sabi nga ni TS, try and try until you die.

Last edited:

PA SUBSCRIBE ... AHAHAHA !

some kinda interesting ...

one more thing to add sa post ni TS, dont talk in a jargon way ...

:thumbsup:

Re: (UPDATED!!!!) My Call Center Adventure with TIPS and TRICKS

@ts haha..auz nag lie pa..bka mabuking someday at mapahiya..gusto ko honest to goodness ang labanan,.thnx pla..susubukan ko sa NCO.,mahirap ba dun mag apply?

Re: (UPDATED!!!!) My Call Center Adventure with TIPS and TRICKS

@ts haha..auz nag lie pa..bka mabuking someday at mapahiya..gusto ko honest to goodness ang labanan,.thnx pla..susubukan ko sa NCO.,mahirap ba dun mag apply?

Everyone's got a reason to lie, so it's do or die. :thumbsup:

My Call Center Adventure with TIPS and TRICKS

what's up guys. NOOB here. :)

anyway. ive been in the industry for 3 years na. naging hopper din)

check out my blog for my first call center application adventure

http://mangbertoscallcenteradventures.blogspot.com/

so far pang 7 center ko na ata.

always been in the outbound. i never tried inbound, especially CSR, (no pun intended for csr's but pag naiisip ko nag mag sagot lang ako ng queries ng clients parang nakakabore)

what's up guys. NOOB here. :)

anyway. ive been in the industry for 3 years na. naging hopper din)

check out my blog for my first call center application adventure

http://mangbertoscallcenteradventures.blogspot.com/

so far pang 7 center ko na ata.

always been in the outbound. i never tried inbound, especially CSR, (no pun intended for csr's but pag naiisip ko nag mag sagot lang ako ng queries ng clients parang nakakabore)

Good for you sir! Never tried outbound though.., never will.. :beat:, coz based on my experience, it's ok to take a hundred calls a day rather than convincing someone to buy something they don't want (for other customers), and trying to pursue those quotas per day :lol::lol:. But again it's a matter of personal preference. :salute::salute::salute:

Good for you sir! Never tried outbound though.., never will.. :beat:, coz based on my experience, it's ok to take a hundred calls a day rather than convincing someone to buy something they don't want (for other customers), and trying to pursue those quotas per day :lol::lol:. But again it's a matter of personal preference. :salute::salute::salute:

i agree !!

neahehehehehe !:dance:

PA SUBSCRIBE ... AHAHAHA !

some kinda interesting ...

one more thing to add sa post ni TS, dont talk in a jargon way ...

:thumbsup:

Hanggang dito ba naman may Q.A ako??. :weep::weep::weep:. Mark down ba yan?? :upset::upset::upset:

Anyway thanks na din, I'll consider this as a coaching point LOL!. :clap:

Last edited:

Hanggang dito ba naman may Q.A ako??. :weep::weep::weep:. Mark down ba yan?? :upset::upset::upset:

Anyway thanks na din, I'll consider this as a coaching point LOL!. :clap:

wahahaha !

hindi TS ... hahahaha !​

ok to ts, minsan nga mas ok pa yata graduate Hs na lang kaysa graduate ka nga pero parang wala ka naman natutunan, wala naman yan sa may pinagaralan well may advantage nga talaga kung nakatapos ka, pero hindi lang naman yan batayan para makasurvive ka dapat talaga madiskarte ka in order to success. Thanks TS for this, btw Nursing grad. ako pero hirap ako makapasok sa call center kase yung ibang Company BAN ang mga NUrsing graduate. kainis yun diba? yung iba naman mahirap talaga yung pinagdadaanan bago makapasa, tulad ko mga 1st to fourth stage of obstacles nakakasurvive ako pero nafafailed ako sa huli, nakakabagsak lang talaga ng ego pero sabi nga ni TS, try and try until you die.

Not totally Banned. The reason some centers don't hire nursing grads is because they think that nursing grads will just get the allowance or the first salary and then go AWOL (Absent without leave) or go to other countries to pursue their carrer as nurse. Parang nasa isip nila na sideline lang eto habang naghihintay ng opportunity sa ibang bansa kaya ganun pero don't worry, there are many call centers out there waiting for you to apply!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom