Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[POLL] PSP™ or iTouch™? Pili nah Kayo!

Saan ba ang mas cool na gadget?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
iTouch hahaha kasi yun yung meron ako.
Though may PSP yung dalawa kong kapatid ehh hindi naman ako pinapahiraman.
So un, i Touch. HAHAHAHA!

PSP po para saken. Gamer po kase ako. Basta may bagong game, never kang mabobore. Ok din syang panooran ng movies at music videos.

PSP ako, mas convenient siya VS iTouch...(opinion ko) :peace:

kung video gamer ka talaga sa PSP ka pero kung out going person ka naman and a music lover sa APPLE ITOUCH ka. ::dance:

kung ako sau hihintayin ko nalang lumabas ung NGP..
psp vs. itouch syempre psp..

hardcore gamer--> PSP
music, games, videos-->itouch

i had PSP before...asteeg talaga ang gfx at maganda quality ng mga games..although hindi ganoon ka-convenient yung Web-browsing....mas malaki screen at medyo bulky...battery is good(probably better than iTouch when it is running TapTap app)....another plus point yung pag-sync(hindi katulad ng itunes)....sa audio quality naman, usual Sony soundchips lang din....*Note- magkaiba kasi DSP ng PSP at itouch so comparing the two in terms of sound quality is just like comparing 2 different presets of your equalizer....pareho sila mataas ang fidelity

i also had iTouch....appealing yung games kasi kahit simple lang yung game, napaka vivid at bright ng mga animations at gfx....TapTap & other touch games is another point.....ibang experience kasi talaga kapag touchscreen....plus point ang Web-browsing na pwedeng i drag yung page and yung "pinching" capability to zoom in or zoom out....sa form factor naman , medyo sleek at slim kea hindi masyado bubukol sa pocket.....usual ipod sounds and video player is still as usual ipod quality......battery life is decent..(probably longer than PSP kung puro soundtrip lang)..

i vote for itouch kasi i dont really play longer than 1 hour...mini games are enough for me..
and apps such as TapTap, PvZ, AB are just as addictive as Tekken 6, GoW, PoP, Soul Calibur, Burn Out legends, etc......i also use the Web frequently...pag-nagcocommute mas portable ang itouch....

Hmmmm...

I've seen a lot of similar polls on other forums in the past...
But most of them pits the Sony PSP with the Nintendo DS...
And like what most of the people who posted in those forums, I have a similar answer for this thread. "It's like comparing apples and oranges".

I'm a hard-core gamer. I'm also a music lover. And I have both devices.. (PSP2000 and the iPod Touch 4G)

Hardware:
PSP - Unang hawak ko dito (2000 series), I thought that I was gonna snap it in half! It's unbelievably light-weight.. (And that's somehow not in a good way for me) Parang kapag binagsak mo siya, madudurog agad.. Pero you'll get a solid feel once you get a crystal case for it.
iPT4 - It's not heavy, it's not light.. It's just right! Plus, hindi siya mukhang mababali kapag hinawakan.. (is it because bakal yung likod nya? baka..) anyway, I've dropped mine a gazillion times.. (accidentally.. hehe) and it's still ok. :) Also note that it's backside is a scratch magnet! no worries, though. get a case for it. (it'll protect AND hide that freakin' backside cover)

Music:
PSP - Very bulky.. You can't use it like a regular MP3 player where you'd put it in your pocket comfortably.. Although, unlike the iPT4, you can just slap music in it with just drag and drop. And you can "upgrade" your memcard (or switch between them) for more mem capacity.
iPT4 - Buy 32GB. I'm a music lover and I want all of my tunes with me at all times.. (which is impossible. I have 70GB worth of music, and I don't have an iPod classic) Although it's very easy, comfortable and fun to use the music player (it's so smooth!), I still hate it that you have to use iTunes every freakin' time you need to add some songs.. although 32GB is more than enough for anybody. (even for me)
*Both devices are still not as comfortable for me to use compared to my Zen Mozaic na pwede ko isabit sa leeg ko na parang kwintas.. I then hide it in my shirt (I see a lot of PSP owners doing this with their PSP.. They're obviously showing off, lol. PSP's so damn big! why??.. :slap:)

Videos:
PSP - Its screen is so big! and it's easy to put videos on it as well.. Since it doesn't require a program like iTunes to freakin' put the videos on it. Pretty much like what I wrote on the Music section. No problem with screen size.
iPT4 - I like the iPT4's screen better than the PSPs.. it may be smaller.. but the retina display is amazing! can't... take.. eyes.. away... from.. beautiful... screen.... lol. Although, if you have the older versions of iPT, PSP pawns this. :P

Photos:
PSP - 3K for a camera accesory? no thanks.. It's not even that good. (kinda like phone camera quality) Photo browsing is ok though.
iPT4 - 2 cameras?!? Hell yeah! Browsing photos? The best with the touchscreen! (Pinch, slide, etc. plus, it's smooth! effortless!) But, if you have an older version of iPT, it's pretty much like PSP.. (with no hope of adding a camera at that..) Although the camera is not really that powerful.. (.8 MP, if I remember correctly.. wha? you'll be surprised that it even has HD video recording..)

Net Browsing:
PSP - F**king slow. Analog nub for controls. Crap.
iPT4 - Fast! Intuitive touchscreen controls! Can browse multiple pages.. the Retina Display is awesome for reading manga online! XD

Games:
*Ok, here comes my games section..
PSP - If you're a hard-core gamer, the PSP is a no-brainer. All of those games can be packed right here! (although not as portable as the iPT4, but it's worth it)
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep, The 3rd Birthday, God Of War, and Dissidia: Final Fantasy to name a few games.. I bet you wouldn't find games this deep in the iPT4. (Or maybe, not as many..)
iPT4 - This device is for casual gamers. I like the games in here as well. But they mostly appeal to people who just like to pass time.. (or like me, who just like games in general) I know, you'll see time passing by fast while playing Plants vs Zombies just as fast as playing Monster Hunter.. But, the sense of "achievement" after completing them are different, if you get what I mean.
I also noticed that the iPT4 is capable of playing games with incredible graphics (parang pang PSP na ang graphics.. sometimes better) like the game "Infinity Blade". But also notice that the game is not that deep, and it has a lot of "recycled" stuff in it. In fact, the game is just one gigantic loop. lol.

Next up is....
Applications:
*ok, let's face it. Hindi natin mae-enjoy itong feature na 'to if our devices are not hacked! right? So I'm gonna take a look at apps para sa hacked devices.
PSP - apps include: Emulators (plus points for games), e-book and pdf readers (not as good and smooth as the iPT's), PMPlayers (video players that make it much easier to put videos on it. You can watch videos DL'd from youtube without converting it! a plus on the videos section) Music Players (alternate MP3 player softwares.. I have one that let's you save battery and one that has a Winamp like UI.. kinda like a plus for the Music section)
iPT4 - I... can't list them all. There's just too many! Almost every job has an equivalent app! This is the iPT4s key features! almost infinite set of apps!

Oh, I almost forgot...
Battery Life:
PSP - Horrible. 3-6 hrs. maybe 5-7 while playing music while the backlight is off.
iPT4 - Decent. Maybe 7-12 hrs, depending also on the brightness settings. (turn off your wi-fi if you're not using it) about 40 when when playing music while the backlight is off. (I'm surprised that the product info on their site is accurate.. considering that a lot of my friends with older iPod versions always complain about battery life on theirs..)

And so, and pagtatapos! (here's my conclusion..)
HARDWARE: TIE (they both do different tasks, and the size is appropriate for both.)
MUSIC: iPT4 (If you buy a 32GB)
VIDEOS: iPT4 (The retina display is just amazing..)
PHOTOS: iPT4 (No camera, PSP? tsk tsk..)
NET BROWSING: iPT4 (Screw the analog nub, I have a touch screen!)
GAMES: PSP (Try playing Street Fighter on your iPT4. lol)
APPLICATIONS: iPT4 (I'll drown you with my apps, PSP! wahaha)
BATTERY LIFE: iPT4 (not so portable if you have it always plugged in..)

SCORE:
PSP: 2 iPT4: 6

I like both.. I can't choose between the 2 since they're different devices..
But lemme just note that I really don't like any of the iDevices before. I think they're bought by rich-spoiled kids that spends money as fast as they can blink (and also, "pamporma".. what a waste of money..). I just saw the iPT4s potential and I saw that it has "decent" features now. But it still lacking a lot of features a normal MP3 player has nowadays.. no memory expansion slot? no FM radio? still not drag-and-drop? (in a million years, baka..) etc, etc. (lalo na dati! it doesn't even have a mic back then! E makakabili ka ng china na MP3 player for like, what? 1-3K? lol. with more features than anything else. Only problem is the build quality)

Ok, tigil na ko! Ang haba na! hehe.. :yipee:

depende rin sa feel mo na games kung hard core gaming ka with 3d graphics magpsp ka na yung ipod meron din 3d gaming na magaganda pero hindi tumatagal yung battery eh.

i suggest test nalang yung dalawang unit at kung mas feel mo yung isa yun na piliin mo.

ako i own both devices an dame ko nasayang na oras sa buhay ko sa monster hunter sa psp.

at an dame ko din nasayang na time sa simcity sa ipod touch.

in short mageenjoy ka kahit ano pa piliin mo dyan.

just note na ang ipod medyo future proof kase an dame games na dinedevelop para sa kanya

ang psp kaunti nalang magandang new titles na maganda

Music, video, browsing:
iTouch > PSP

Games:
PSP > iTouch

>>gamer pa naman ako, kaya +1 ka psp

I have to choose the psp for games. for music, meron naman akong n73, at kahit 2gb lang ang max capacity madami ka nang mailalagay na music kung compressed. maganda din naman ang quality kung hindi ka maselan.

Mga Bro, Ate, Mamen! !

Alin sa dalawa ang:

--mas affordable with features?

--quality

--siguradong hindi ka mabobored

--handy

saan ba talaga kayo? PSP o iTouch?:excited:

PILI NAH!!

affordable--- psp
quality------- itouch
siguradong hindi ka mabobored----- itouch
handy[/COLOR]--- itouch

pero boto ako sa PSP kc my x6 na ako praehas din kc un. hahaha:lol:

affordable--- psp
quality------- itouch
siguradong hindi ka mabobored----- itouch
handy[/COLOR]--- itouch

pero boto ako sa PSP kc my x6 na ako praehas din kc un. hahaha:lol:

tama ka sir sa mga choices mo..

pero mas boto ako sa iTouch since super dami ka ng magagawa dun lalo na pag expert hard coore user ka ng itouch like me :) BUSOG na BUSOG ka sa features :dance:

some of the fantastic features nito ay mga apps na super lupet, dati nagplay ako sa isang place using guitar app and drums app sa itouch.. Parang totoo ka na rin naggitara :excited:

Sakin psp yun lang meron ako eh kahit ganito lang yun pero its importante to me :)

PSP.

--quality
Quality of games - PSP.

Gaming - PSP
Music, Video, Surfing - iTouch

what do you mean by handy? In terms of size, no douth iTouch.

iTouch is never a gaming console for me, iPad pwede pa. :thumbsup:

Don't get me wrong, naexperience ko silang gamitin parehas at mas pasok sa style and preference ko ang PSP. But nonetheless, they are both good on their own field. :thumbsup:

Mga Bro, Ate, Mamen! !

Alin sa dalawa ang:

--quality

--handy

saan ba talaga kayo? PSP o iTouch?:excited:

PILI NAH!!

>For practical Usage: 1 point sa iPod Touch
-Why? Kasi sa iTunes, napakraming freebies na useful for everyday application. To name a few, in iTunes you can download free Dictionary, Formulas in Math, Medical Dictionary, Ruler, Level(use to determine the balance of a particular thing), Converter, and so much more!
-You can also find a wide variety of application according to your needs such as Entertainment, Utilities, Music, Movies, Comics, E-book, Games(of course), etc., All for reasonable prices!

>When it comes sa graphics: 1 point for PsP(lalo na yong PsP Go)
-I think no need to elaborate that. Mas detailed kasi mga characters sa PsP. Pero siyempre, maaari din na hindi depende sa uri ng laro na pinili mo.

>Mas handy and portable: 1 point uli sa iPod Touch

>Sleekness and hardness of console: 1 point naman para sa PsP

>Bilis ng pag-download ng laro: 1 point para sa iPod Touch

>Haba ng bawat laro: 1 point para sa PsP

-Kaya mabilis i-DL ang mga laro sa iPod kasi una, mga maliit lang ang size. Pangalawa, kaya maliit ang size kasi maiikli lang di gaya ng mga laro sa PsP. And lastly, isa pang dahilan kaya malalaki karaniwan ang file size ng sa PsP ay dahil nga sa ganda ng graphics at mataas kasi yong tinatawag na fps nito.

Yon lang, sana'y nakatulong. But if you will ask me which of the two i really preferred, my answer is... I sold my PsP Go to buy my iPod Touch! And since 2010 until now, no regret!:)

Last edited:
itouch. pambata na ang psp.joke! ganda ksi mga rpg sa itouch. pde k na mag net surf,music at videos. bulky ksi psp eh.

PSP parin ako..

games, vids, musics. :D

pwede rin kabitan ng camea.. all in 1 na to para sakin. :salute:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom