Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Softether internet sharing via RaspBerry pi

Are you interested with this project

• Yes please make some tutorial

Votes: 35 100.0%
  • No i already know thanks

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

qtmitz

Proficient
Advanced Member
Reaction score
SoftEther Internet Sharing Via RaspBerry Pi
By: EtechDev

Note: This Tutorial is for free , you may repost this tutorial but give credits to "EtechDev"

attachment.php
attachment.php

CHART.png

STAGE 1
:thumbsup:

Things Needed:

1. "Modem" with Globe/Tm Lte sim Loaded with atleast 6 pesos registered to "surfalert" on to 8080
  2. "Raspberry pi" for this tutorial i will use my "Raspberry pi 3 b plus" binili ko po sa lazada, older version will be just fine basta meron "wifi and lan
  3. "Router" Any kind of router will be just fine
  4. "Softether server access" ready for "surfalert trick" Meaning dati na po kayong may idea sa softether vpn , accounts are everywhere marami pong free dyan you can even create your own via "VPS" or i might share some accounts from my own server
  5. "SoftEther Server Manager" Download link Here or find your own
  6. "Putty 32bit version" for 32 bit computer or "Putty 64bit version" for 64 bit computer ... Download link Here or find your own

STAGE 2
:salute:
Raspberry Pi OS setup:

We need an OS to run our raspberry pi.... Alam ko nagawa nyu na yan but still i will iclude a short idea how to do that.. Why Short because it is all over the internet how to fire up your raspberry pi and our main focus here is to run softether on it and share via router to have a free home internet source:

1. For this tutorial i want you to use Raspbian OS the official operating system ,for you to explore more project in the future using your raspberry pi kit. Download link here you can use RASPBIAN STRETCH LITE but mine was RASPBIAN STRETCH WITH DESKTOP for the reason that i can connect my hdmi capable monitor and apply other raspberry pi future purposes.

Note: other os like noobs will be just fine.. what i want here is that you can access your rasperry pi via SSH, take note of that we need to access SSH, but for me Using raspbian with desktop image will allow you to view via a hdmi connected monitor and from there you can use terminal app inside to run shh command.

2. Use your computer to write downloaded raspbian image into your raspbian SD card inserted on a card reader by using software "Etcher" a graphical sd card writing tool. Download this tool here

attachment.php

3.1 In this step ( 3.1 is for those user who downloaded RASBERRY STRETCH WITH DESKTOP skip this step if youre using raspberry lite ) After writing image to sd card.. insert it to your raspberry pi and were good to go.. Fire up your lovely raspberry pi....

NOTE....!! THIS STEP IS FOR RASPBERRY STRETCH WITH DESKTOP ONLY

We need to open built in terminal to enable ssh feature
attachment.php

Inside the terminal app run this command
Code:
sudo raspi-config

Once you hit enter this screen should appear
attachment.php

Navigate to item 8 Advanced Control and hit enter
attachment.php

Navigate to ssh and enable this feature
attachment.php

After enabling ssh reboot your raspberry pi by typing the command
Code:
sudo reboot

3.2 This step is applicable for both RASPBERRY STRETCH LITE Image and RASPBERRY STRETCH WITH DESKTOP for enabling SSH feature with out using a monitor. Skip this step if you already managed to enabled ssh feature of your raspberry pi.

After writing your downloaded RASPBIAN IMAGE to your SD CARD .
Download and extract this file to your raspberry pi SD CARD, copy the link and remove spaces .. https:// d z 4 u p.com/4K2t
4. insert your sdcard to raspberry pi kit and proceed to stage 3

STAGE 3
:thumbsup:

Identifying raspberry pi internal ip:

After enabling ssh feature. We need to know the IP address of our cool raspberry pi, for us to be able too ssh on to it and also for advance user to be able to use VNC adn etc....... In this tutorial i am using Huawei B593-s22 with a 192.168.254.1 gateway ip address and ofcourse all client connected to it will have
an ip ranging from 192.168.254.100 to 192.168.254.255

1. At first we need to Connect our raspberry pi , via Raspberry Pi lan to modem lan. Allow our modem to detect your PI and let it assigned IP address on to it..
of course we need to power your PI and Modem....

2. Login to your modem device website address : mine was 192.168.254.1 and click on Product Information

attachment.php

3. Under Product information you can now identify assigned ip for your PI..
In my device list i got 192.168.254.102 take note of your assigned IP.
attachment.php

STAGE 4
:yipee:

Configuring your RaspBerry Pi Remotely via SSH

After identfying our Pi ip address , we can now remotely access our pi via SSH. In this stage our main goal is to deploy softEther.

1. Open your Putty software
Fill in the following
HostName : 192.168.254.102 (this field may be different according to what ip you have on stage 3)
Saved session fields : pi (you can use other profile name but it is better to use pi for this TUT)
Click save and open
attachment.php

2. Now it should appear like this. Now we can Login
login as : pi
password : raspberry ( take note that while typing on password field you cant see anything just head on typing password and enter)
attachment.php

3. Now we can start deploying our softether on raspberry pi..
Take Note: That in this stage 4 , we need an active internet on our modem you can use promo supersurf50 to be able to access internet cause we will install softEther via online

after login this screen should appear, we can now start coding
attachment.php

4. update = key in the command and hit enter
Code:
sudo apt-get update

upgrade = key in the command and hit enter, when Y/N is being asked hit enter again
Code:
[SIZE=3][SIZE=2]sudo apt-get upgrade[/SIZE][/SIZE]

6. Set root access password =
key in the command and hit enter, and key your desired password for root, mine was 12345678
Code:
[SIZE=3][SIZE=2]sudo passwd root 12345678[/SIZE][/SIZE]

7. access root
= key in the command and hit enter, and key in the password being asked enter again
Code:
[SIZE=3][SIZE=2]su root[/SIZE][/SIZE]

9. go to root folder
= key in the command and hit enter,
Code:
[SIZE=3][SIZE=2]cd /[/SIZE][/SIZE]

10. Download softether
= key in the command and hit enter, (Take note just copy the command and right click on ssh terminal to paste)
Code:
wget http://www.softether-download.com/files/softether/v4.27-9668-beta-2018.05.29-tree/Linux/SoftEther_VPN_Server/32bit_-_ARM_EABI/softether-vpnserver-v4.27-9668-beta-2018.05.29-linux-arm_eabi-32bit.tar.gz

11. Install Softether = key in the command and hit enter,
Code:
tar zxvf softether-vpnserver-v4.27-9668-beta-2018.05.29-linux-arm_eabi-32bit.tar.gz

12. Go to server folder
Code:
cd vpnserver

13. Run this command , follow on screen process
Code:
make

14. run this command
Code:
cd ..

15. move the folder
Code:
mv vpnserver /usr/local

16. open the folder
Code:
cd /usr/local/vpnserver/

17. run this command
Code:
chmod 600 *

18. run this command
Code:
chmod 700 vpnserver

19. run this command
Code:
chmod 700 vpncmd

20. edit the file
Code:
nano /etc/init.d/vpnserver

21. paste this script.. (Take note copy the whole script and right click to paste), ctrl + o to save , hit enter, then ctrl + x to exit
Code:
#!/bin/sh
# chkconfig: 2345 99 01
# description: SoftEther VPN Server
DAEMON=/usr/local/vpnserver/vpnserver
LOCK=/var/lock/subsys/vpnserver
test -x $DAEMON || exit 0
case "$1" in
start)
$DAEMON start
touch $LOCK
;;
stop)
$DAEMON stop
rm $LOCK
;;
restart)
$DAEMON stop
sleep 3
$DAEMON start
;;
*)
echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop|restart}"
exit 1
esac
exit 0

22. make directory if not yet available and just proceed when error is noted
Code:
mkdir /var/lock/subsys

23. run this command
Code:
chmod 755 /etc/init.d/vpnserver && /etc/init.d/vpnserver start

24. update defaults
Code:
update-rc.d vpnserver defaults

25. open folder
Code:
cd /usr/local/vpnserver

26. Run softther
Code:
./vpncmd

attachment.php

27. Checking softther if is successfully moved and install, key in 3 and enter, under vpn tools type the commnand
Code:
check
and hit enter,
it should be a pass result then, type
Code:
exit
and enter

ssh4.png

28. reboot your raspberry pi kit , key in this command
Code:
reboot

29. After reboot open your ssh your raspberry again and key in this command below,
Code:
crontab -e

30. after step 29 it might ask you to select an editor to use.. select nano, then add the command below, then save by using CTRL + O,
then press ENTER then CTRL + X to exit.

Code:
@reboot sudo service vpnserver restart

31. reboot your raspberry pi kit , key in this command
Code:
reboot

STAGE 5
;)

Enabling WIFI via ssh. For users using hdmi connected monitors you can directly connect your wifi on Raspberry GUI.

( Take note.. That in this stage we will enable wifi to connect from modem and later on we can use the lan port og our PI to share our internet to ROUTER )

For those Users who dont have a router i have a solution for that.. Hit Thanks Button and drop your concern via comment i might share a procedure how to make this whole process without the need of router, but of course it is more easy to have with you your ROUTER..

1. ssh your Raspberry Pi using putty . And key in command below,
Code:
sudo raspi-config

This screen should appear:
wifi1.png

2. Select item 2 Network option and, select item 2 wifi

3. Select country choose philippines, then enter, next will ask to enter the name of ssid ( the wifi name of your modem wifi) and it will also ask you passphrase
( This is the password of your wifi )

4. Now you can click finish and key in the command below, this will reboot your raspberry pi kit ,
Code:
sudo reboot

5. Unplug the power source of our Raspberry pi, also disconnect the lan cable connected fron PI to Modem, then Re-Plug the power

6. Now check if our raspberry pi kit will be connected to wifi of our modem and get the new ip address of pi by doing STAGE 3

Note: it should be connected now via wifi. that is if you entered the correct wifi name and password..... If not you may try to reconfigured the wifi from the state of STAGE 5

STAGE 6
:dance:

Configuring Softether and injecting account:

I assume you already finished all stages.. In this stage we will inject a pre configured file made by Team EtechDev Ph with an active account ready for surfalert trick, i know you know what i mean..

Account means:

a server ip:
a hub name:
a client username:
a client password:

Take note: if you want your own config file send me your own server deatail ready for surfalert trick then i will send back a config file ..
if you want that config file to be in public i can post it in here, but if not i can send it back to you as private.

But as of now i can share a public config for the purpose of this tutorial and later on you can have your own config file

===============================================================================THIS TUTORIAL IS POSPONED DUE TO ISSUE OF SURFALERT TRICK IS NOW NOT WORKING

================================================================================================

Stanby for continuation......................................................
Please Hit thanks button and leave a comment if you have a question drop it.. wag lang nyu ako aawayin ha . hahahaha:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"If you dont know how to do this and interested
hit thanks button and leave a comment
i might share how to do it.
Enjoy"

Attachments

• login.png
    login.png
    245.5 KB · Views: 1,953
  • info.png
    info.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 1,969
  • putty1.png
    putty1.png
    223.5 KB · Views: 16
  • putty1.png
    putty1.png
    248.3 KB · Views: 1,840
  • ssh1.png
    ssh1.png
    245.9 KB · Views: 1,870
  • ssh2.png
    ssh2.png
    338.6 KB · Views: 1,890
  • ssh3.png
    ssh3.png
    376.1 KB · Views: 1,874
  • PI1.png
    PI1.png
    817.1 KB · Views: 1,987
  • PI2.png
    PI2.png
    861.9 KB · Views: 1,993
  • Softwares Needed.txt
    140 bytes · Views: 181
Last edited:
nc ts.. penge po tut.. since dumating raspberry pi 3b ko pinagaaralan ko yung windows 10 kaso nagblublue screen.. purpose ko kasi talaga na gawing pang softether dito sa bahay para tipid na din sa kuryente.. di kasi ako nagpapatay ng pc ee para lang makapaghotspot sila dito.. advance thanks and God Bless!

Wag windows sir. Raspbian knlng.. then install softether..

I spend some google searching how to do it the way i wanted but sadly ni isa walang tut para sa gusto ntn..

So i might share how did i do it. I just want you to drop some comment .. para alam ko if worth it ba na mag tut ako kc mahabang procedure gagawin ntn pero sulit na sulit..

Free home internet source with low electricity consumption. Nagaalangan lang ako gmwa kc baka wala maxado pumansin sayang oras

Last edited:
Please vote sa poll ntn sa taas ng thread para know ko if need nyu talaga and please drop some details of your own raspberry pi

Model:
Picture of you raspberry

Thanks

Last edited:
share mo na bossing mga magkano kaya yan raspberry pi sir para mapag ipunan

Last edited:
Pag nakatay yang softether wala na tyo magagawa. But still walang problema. Hnd naman mawawala ang raspberry pi. If you know what is raspberry for cgurado ako mapapabili ka...

- - - Updated - - -

share mo na bossing mga magkano kaya yan raspberry pi sir para mapag ipunan

Mura lng ang raspberry pi. It is a small powerfull palm size computer...

Nice idea po to pero mas maganda pag may TUT para di na mahirapan yung iba na gustong masubukan to. :yes:

alternative gamit ko 160 wifi hotspot,.
so far ok gamit ko to,

Pag nakatay yang softether wala na tyo magagawa. But still walang problema. Hnd naman mawawala ang raspberry pi. If you know what is raspberry for cgurado ako mapapabili ka...

- - - Updated - - -

Mura lng ang raspberry pi. It is a small powerfull palm size computer...

oo sinearch ko kagabi kaganda pla nyan AHHAHA para mini PC tapos pwede din installan ng openvpn kahit makatay yan ok lang din marami pag gagamitan san ba mas maganda bumili nito ?ok kaya sa lazada

oo sinearch ko kagabi kaganda pla nyan AHHAHA para mini PC tapos pwede din installan ng openvpn kahit makatay yan ok lang din marami pag gagamitan san ba mas maganda bumili nito ?ok kaya sa lazada

Lazada mga bossing yung skin.

- - - Updated - - -

pag wala budget.. pdeng connectify ang gamitin para makapagshare through router

View attachment 1268286

Yes sir i agree...

- - - Updated - - -

Guys cge dahil gusto nyo ill give you how to do it. Please standby. Keep posting mga comment nyu para may guide ako mga need nyu para magawa nyu dn.. dnt worry ill make it quick and easy

Lazada mga bossing yung skin.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes sir i agree...

- - - Updated - - -

Guys cge dahil gusto nyo ill give you how to do it. Please standby. Keep posting mga comment nyu para may guide ako mga need nyu para magawa nyu dn.. dnt worry ill make it quick and easy

game na boss AHHAAHAH pag sinimulan mo n ang TUT kukuha na ako nyan sa Lazada!! AAHHAAH bahala na !! taas n din kasi electric bill ko eh :(

ts yung sakin connected na vpnclient pero no browse </3.. antayin ko nalang yung karugtong ng tuts.. hahaha. salamat!

Back
Top Bottom