Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Soroban People

RenzSmallTime

Novice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I was just wondering if anyone here had tried to learn using an abacus or for this matter a soroban (Japanese abacus). My friend told me about it and then I was hooked (also I saw it once on tv-- Begin Japanology). I'm still a 7th kyu user and still learning some of the basics. Anyone here who wants to share their experiences? :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

For References: https://drive.google.com/open?id=12wKBIqXh4m1tqGAGExHFijKL0h1jCezh

I think everyone here has heard about the abacus. After all, our curricula had included basic computer subjects to almost all grade levels in our schools. This makes sense because abacus is a computing device-- a computer. When I have first heard about it, I haven't given it much thought. Like everyone else, we were first introduced to the computer by learning its 'history'. The milestones we have gone so far with regard to counting and doing basic arithmetic had taken us to a modern view of calculators and supercomputers. Which make abacus, a seemingly crude and primitive contraption, looked completely irrelevant in this modern world.

But I was wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom