Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

SURVEY: What is your ebook reader

Hello mga peeps, Another great tip here: :thumbsup: (I'm super excited with this one!) :yipee: :excited::dance:

I found a way to be able to download your ebooks wirelessly to your Kindle using your Kindle Browser. No hack whatsoever. All you have to so is sign up for a free Dropbox Account Here. Installed the Dropbox, after that drag and drop ebooks that are mobi/prc/azw files on your My Dropbox folder. You have the option to publicly shared your files or not. If you want to publicly shared your file, put your files in the public folders so you can publicly share your link of that particular ebook. Mine I just put it directly sa My Dropbox folder so it's private and we'll be sure that it won't get deleted. After that you can also sync your mobile device too. So all your files are sync via Dropbox cloud. So even if your PC/Laptop is off you still be able to access your files on the go. All is sync up. Mine are my Laptop, iPhone and Kindle.

To access your files onto your Kindle:
1. Turn on your wireless signal
2. Launch your browser on your Kindle, log in to your account at dropbox
3. Go to Files
4. Select the files you want to download unto your Kindle and viola, your ebook will appear in your homescreen.

Pretty Cool, huh?

And since the Dropbox free account is only 2GB, when you sign up on the link I gave above you and I will increase our storage capacity. That's pretty awesome, right? So please if you want to avail this and sign up, Please use my referral link. Thank you!

Additional NOTE: I suspect that Nook devices can do this too. Just sync/save files on your My Dropbox folder that are ePub format. And your Nook can access this on your Nook Browser, following the steps above. On Kindle it should be prc/mobi and azw. Even though pdf is supported it won't download only mobi/prc and azw. Don't forget, for Nook ePub.

Enjoy peeps!!! :thumbsup: I tried this out and everything works perfectly and I don't have a lot to tweak/do to set up my stuff to download into my Kindle. And don't forget to bookmark the link on your Kindle/Nook so it's easy to go there/access it again. :thumbsup:

I was thinking that we may set-up a public drop-box for our e-book collections, accessible to everyone.

This would be infinitely be convenient instead of uploading the e-books we want to share to a file hosting site like Rapidshare or
Hotfile.

Pwede?

I was thinking that we may set-up a public drop-box for our e-book collections, accessible to everyone.

This would be infinitely be convenient instead of uploading the e-books we want to share to a file hosting site like Rapidshare or
Hotfile.

Pwede?

It's possible. But if you read the word doc na nasa Public folder mo sa dropbox on how to public share there's a Note at the bottom that says "You can only link to actual files within your Public Folder, not to folders".

Example: Yung public Folder mo may subfolder ka na you name sa author and you put all files there. You can't share the whole sub-Folder, you have to individually share the link on each file.

So there's no link to share your Public Folder, but it's easily more searchable daw. That's why I don't like to use it baka mas madaling mawala kasi mas searchable cya.

I don't think that's what in your mind when you thought of sharing all our ebooks.

What we could do, we can still share even if you put your files private. There's an option to share that whole folder files, you just have to invite them and know their email address. Only those you invite can view your files then. Like example your private folder file named Catherine Coulter, and all it's content is visible of that person you invited. Weird nga kasi only yung private files mo pweding mong ma share the whole folder with all your content inside than the Public folder mo.

Sabi sa Dropbox: "Dropbox shared folders let you share or collaborate on a set of files. When someone joins a shared folder, the folder appears inside their Dropbox, and syncs to their computers automatically."

So we just need to exchange email addresses to share all our ebooks file folders we have in our dropbox account and all is sync up, if we have added a new one it will also sync up to others who are invited to view those folders. ;) Best to exchange the email you use sa dropbox account mo para it will also sync up to your computer.

Here's the link on the step by step of how to share with a video:

Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/help/19

It's possible. But if you read the word doc na nasa Public folder mo sa dropbox on how to public share there's a Note at the bottom that says "You can only link to actual files within your Public Folder, not to folders".

Example: Yung public Folder mo may subfolder ka na you name sa author and you put all files there. You can't share the whole sub-Folder, you have to individually share the link on each file.

So there's no link to share your Public Folder, but it's easily more searchable daw. That's why I don't like to use it baka mas madaling mawala kasi mas searchable cya.

I don't think that's what in your mind when you thought of sharing all our ebooks.

What we could do, we can still share even if you put your files private. There's an option to share that whole folder files, you just have to invite them and know their email address. Only those you invite can view your files then. Like example your private folder file named Catherine Coulter, and all it's content is visible of that person you invited. Weird nga kasi only yung private files mo pweding mong ma share the whole folder with all your content inside than the Public folder mo.

Sabi sa Dropbox: "Dropbox shared folders let you share or collaborate on a set of files. When someone joins a shared folder, the folder appears inside their Dropbox, and syncs to their computers automatically."

So we just need to exchange email addresses to share all our ebooks file folders we have in our dropbox account and all is sync up, if we have added a new one it will also sync up to others who are invited to view those folders. ;) Best to exchange the email you use sa dropbox account mo para it will also sync up to your computer.

Here's the link on the step by step of how to share with a video:

Code:
https://www.dropbox.com/help/19

Thanks diokdin:thumbsup: Allow me enough time to digest all these info.

@banana_republic, you're welcome. Actually I'm a bit leery din in sharing my email address too kasi I read here sa symbianize may hacker. And I'm afraid of sharing it publicly baka ma hack info natin. Marami na daw dito na symbianize members na biktima.

where can i buy a cover for kindle 3.kahit anu brand o generic basta ung budget lng.hindi ung mga 3000php n cover n binebenta sa sulit.com grbe nmn cover lng half na ng price ng mismong kindle.

@slackerman02, double post....Anyway, I posted a reply sayo sa All About Kindle thread na...

waiting for my kindle 3.. :) christmas gift

special thanks to hubby!!

Went to sm megamall today..saw a store selling bebook and b&n nook..wasn't surprised for the price though..its around 21 to 23k..i'd rather buy online..

where can i buy a cover for kindle 3.kahit anu brand o generic basta ung budget lng.hindi ung mga 3000php n cover n binebenta sa sulit.com grbe nmn cover lng half na ng price ng mismong kindle.

mern sa ebay international.. around 700 shipping fee included na!

I need help. Balak ko sana bumili ng Nook color. San ba pwede bumili ng di masyadong hassel hindi ko pa kasi na try mag shop online kaya i have no idea paano and saan ok bumili.. pls help me guyz... thanks advance.

mern sa ebay international.. around 700 shipping fee included na!

wala bng shop dito na ngbebenta para d nko mgorder pa?ahaha lve the kindle mas naaadik nko reading than playing video games

@feyt20 may nakita din ako sa sm megamall, basta sa cyberzone..barnes & noble daw yun..di ko na natanong kung nook color yun..

Yung iPod ang gamit ko. Maliit yung mga letters pero tiis muna muna hanga't wala pang decent ebook reader.. :(

Yung iPod ang gamit ko. Maliit yung mga letters pero tiis muna muna hanga't wala pang decent ebook reader.. :(

Madami naman talaga pwedeng pagpilian kung saan ka magbabasa ng e-books.

I read from my desktop, laptop, Ipaq 110 Pocket PC and even on my Blackberry Storm 2 depending on my location and situation.

Pareho lang ang enjoyment ng pagbabasa.

Back
Top Bottom