Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[TUT]ROOT your Galaxy Y S5360 (Now with UNROOT)

MrGambit

Professional
Advanced Member
Reaction score
1. What does rooting means?

- Rooting a DROID allows us to have access to basically ALL of the system files at the O/S level. And with that access, theoretically one could make things happen that by default mobile manufacturers didn't intend to happen. Apps for certain phones could work with our DROID, for instance.

2. Does rooting void warranty?

- A rooted phone will not be covered on your warranty, but the awesome DEV have found a fairly easy yet "technical" process of returning to your phones stock status, leaving Service Centers blind to the fact that you were ever rooted. YOU WILL NEED to be able to understand the UNROOTING process if the phone requires warranty coverage.

3. What Does Root Give Me?

- Full control over your system

- Ability to alter system files(this is dangerous). You can replace many parts of the "Android Core" with this including:

-----> Themes

-----> Core apps (maps, calendar, clock etc)

-----> Recovery image

-----> Bootloader

-----> Toolbox (linux binary that lets you execute simple linux commands like "ls") can be replaced with Busybox (slightly better option)

-----> Boot images

-----> Add linux binaries

- Run special apps that need more control over the system

-----> SuperUser (lets you approve or deny the use of root access to any program)

-----> Tether apps

- Backup your system

-----> You can make a folder on your sdcard and backup all of your .apk files to your sdcard (helps if an author decides to "upgrade" you to a version that requires you to pay to use the version you just had)

- Relocate your (browser/maps/market) cache to your /sdcard

- Relocate your installed applications to your /sdcard

- Reboot your phone from the terminal app easily (su <enter> reboot <enter>)

Credits to Sir Vhin

NOW the moment your waiting for.. Here's the procedure for rooting our Galaxy Y.

credits to vincent_smoox of xda

1. Download needed file (update.zip attached below)
2. Copy ZIP file to the root of your SD-card
3. Turn off your phone
4. Switch ON your device in the recovery Mode
(hold power, volume up, home button together).
5. Select update from SD Card option. (yung volume keys gamitin pang select)
6. You will see that the list of files will come from which you will have to select the file which is named as Update.zip
7. Wait for a few seconds.
8. Congratulations! Your Galaxy Y S5360 should now be rooted

The quickest way to test if your already rooted is to simply open up your Apps folder and see if a new app called ‘Superuser Permissions’ shows up. It has a picture of a ninja. If you see this, you’re rooted! Congratulations!
otkb9c.png

UNROOT your phone:

Follow the same steps above but instead of using update.zip use update-unroot.zip

Tested and working for my phone. Kung recently ng-update kayo ng SUPERUSER app... remove the updates first para mabura talaga sya :D

USEatYOURownRISK

Attachments

• update.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 42,914
  • update-unroot.zip
    101.5 KB · Views: 16,240
Last edited:
Re: ROOT your Galaxy Y S5360 (New)

Download the file attached here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=18811169&postcount=16

1. Download needed file (update.zip)
2. Copy ZIP file to the root of your SD-card
3. Turn off your phone
4. Switch ON your device in the recovery Mode
(hold power, volume up, home button together).
5. Select update from SD Card option. (yung volume keys gamitin pang select)
6. You will see that the list of files will come from which you will have to select the file which is named as Update.zip
7. Wait a few minutes
8. And…..voila!! Your Galaxy Y S5360 is now rooted

andun nga si superuser app!!!

any questions... first ask google... :D

Nice! I got this also earlier from XDA. There's another thread from XDA that also shows another option if this will not work. I just cannot remember the link. :)

ask lng po working po b yang pag root? tnx

feedbacks naman po kung working to.

working po to mga sir mam, kakasubok ko lang, pinost ko pa nga tut nito akala ko kasi tga xda-developer orig ts hehe :)

Re: [TUT]ROOT your Galaxy Y S5360 (New)

working nga sir.....may superuser nga na lumabas.....salamat dito

after ko ma root sir anu sunod? pasensya na ha super newbie din eh

ask ko lang po kasi super newbie din ako sa samsung..hehe anu po ba nagagawa nitong pag root ng galaxy y?kabibili ko lang kasi nito kanina..

EDIT: lam ko na po pala sya..kung baga sa nokia, parang ihahack mu po sya or flash to gain full control over the phone's system..kahirap ng nangangapa..hehe

Last edited:

^ korek... madaming magagawa sa phone pag rooted na.. parang jailbreak sa iphone

may mga bad effects po ba ang pagro-root ng samsung galaxy young? paano po i-stop once na na-root mo na siya? :weep:

wow eto na!!!! hahaha.....ill try this maya...... kasi yung thread sa SGM about rooting GB os.. installation aborted siya eh... im pretty sure this will work....hehehe my feed back na agad eh :excited:

thanks TS!

Ano po use nito pag root? sensya po bago lng ako sa ganito XD

Ahh ... yung other use po? salamat :)

ano effects nito maliban sa pag void ng warranty?

like for example: when connecting to samsung kies..

padisplay naman nung firmware version nung mga nakapag root na

TiA

ok na guys.... rooted na galaxy Y ....kaso sa pag icoconfig for openvpn..... sablay pa for now...... KASI......WALA PA TAYONG TUN.KO..... i checked the CONFIG.GZ para makapag request ng TUN.KO pero wla namang CONFIG.GZ sa /Proc folder ....... kaya pag sa step na mag iinstall ng OPENVPN INSTALLER,hindi nag ssuccess.... sana magkaron na tayo ng TUN.KO.... hahaha

sana mga tol magkaroon na ng official thread ang cellphone natin..:dance:

ok na guys.... rooted na galaxy Y ....kaso sa pag icoconfig for openvpn..... sablay pa for now...... KASI......WALA PA TAYONG TUN.KO..... i checked the CONFIG.GZ para makapag request ng TUN.KO pero wla namang CONFIG.GZ sa /Proc folder ....... kaya pag sa step na mag iinstall ng OPENVPN INSTALLER,hindi nag ssuccess.... sana magkaron na tayo ng TUN.KO.... hahaha

Grats sir. :)

magandang gabi mga sirs...just bought my samsung galaxy y kahapon...me nabasa kasi ako sa Kernel version n root@DELL152#1, rooted na po ba ito? thankss po...

Grats sir. :)

tahaha... thanks din sa tulong sir....

magandang gabi mga sirs...just bought my samsung galaxy y kahapon...me nabasa kasi ako sa Kernel version n root@DELL152#1, rooted na po ba ito? thankss po...

sir ,to check po if rooted na po unit mo,,, dapat my SUPERSUSER po na appz na nadagdag... hehe

Back
Top Bottom