Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

All you need to know about Dual Sim Card Management

htfan

Apprentice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Mobile phones has gone through many evolution since its introduction in 1973 by Dr. Martin Cooper, a Motorola researcher and executive. He made the first mobile telephone call from handheld subscriber equipment. The prototype handheld phone used by Dr. Cooper weighed 1.1 kg and measured 23 cm long, 13 cm deep and 4.45 cm wide.

Since then mobile devices has evolve into smartphones with a lot of high tech hardware & features. Long gone are the era of carrying two devices to use two different numbers as a lot of smartphones nowadays carries Dual SIM Card feature such as Samsung, Huawei, Xiaomi, Vivo, Oppo, LG, Motorola, etc..

34ec4n6.jpg

Do note that Dual card feature is only available on dual SIM phones. When two SIM cards are inserted, only one SIM card can be set as the 4G/3G/2G SIM. The other SIM card slot only supports 2G networks. However on newer devices such as the Mate 9, both SIM card slot supports 4G/3G/2G SIM. You can also configure the default card for mobile data and phone calls according to your monthly plan.

Dual SIM Settings
You may go to Settings > Dual card management

2nvs27t.jpg

In Singapore, the government already have abolished the 2G network so older phones with 2G Sim card slot will encounter problem utilizing their dual sim phone. Luckily I’ve changed my phone that supports 3G slot. The screenshot above is from my Mate 9. So the settings on other phones may differ. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom