Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Ano pinapatugtog mo as in now?

Acoustic version of DARE YOU TO MOVE -switchfoot

trivia:

This song is about a man at different stages of his life. It's a Christian theme of how we all stumble upon hard times in life, and about how God dares us to move and get back on our feet. It's about how there's a difference between who we are and who we should be. Jon Foreman, who is Switchfoot's lead singer and lyricist, tells us that it is these challenging moments that produce his best songs. Said Foreman: "When I'm happy, when I'm enjoying life, I'm home, I'm surfing, I'm spending time with my wife, my friends, and maybe we're playing cover tunes - we're playing Tom Petty or The Band, or we're covering Bob Dylan, and I'm not thinking about the pain. And then the moment I encounter something that feels difficult, I feel like that's when, for me, I turn to writing and thinking and maybe a song comes from that."

The song was originally called "I Dare You to Move," and was included on Switchfoot's 2000 album Learning to Breathe. It was this version that appeared on the soundtrack to the film A Walk To Remember. The band decided to remix it with heavier electric guitars and stronger vocals for their album The Beautiful Letdown, this time released as "Dare You To Move."
This song begins talking about how we all have sin and how we all just need to face it: "Welcome to the planet, Welcome to existence." This song also talks about how we need to realize our errors and turn to a new way of life: "Between who you are and who you could be. Between how it is and how it should be."

Lead singer Jon Foreman said in CCM Magazine presents 100 Greatest Songs In Christian Music: "I love to write songs. I've been at it since I could play the piano. It's one of my favorite ways to pass the time. Music helps me sort out who I am, so my songs usually end up being somewhat autobiographical. I've always felt the deepest connection with honest songs, so I try to write with sincerity."

Foreman went on to say that this song, "is an attempt to honestly face the gap between who I am and who I want to be; between the way the world spins and the way it should be. I've heard that we only use a small part of our brain. Maybe our soul is the same way. And maybe we're half asleep most our lives, simply reacting to the stimulus our brain receives. Action, true action, is rare indeed."

Blurry -puddle of mudd

Trivia:

Lead singer Wes Scantlin wrote this about his desire to be a good dad and hang with his kid.

This angered Scantlin's son's mother when she first heard it. She and Wes are separated. Scantlin claims that this song helped bring some issues into the open and improved their relationship.
This was the second single off their debut album. The first was "Control."

The child playing Wes Scantlin's son in the video is in fact his real son.

0040.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom