Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Atheists and Agnostics Meeting Place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robotculator

Recruit
Basic Member
Reaction score
:yipee: Kumusta ang mga enlightened diyan! :yipee:

House Rules
  • Hindi maaaring magdebate ang Atheists at Agnostics.
  • Atheists igalang mo ang pananalig ng mga Agnostics
  • Agnostics huwag mong personalin ang mga Atheists
  • Mabuhay tayo ng may katibayan. Yehey!

Alin ang pwede
SQUARE SOCRATIC ARGUMENT LANG ANG PWEDE! NO FALLACY KUNG HINDI I-REREPORT NAMIN KAYO! Logical and Philosophical Analysis should also work, Scientific evidence must be provided with logical explanations too.

Thread Purpose
Upang magkaroon ng lugar at diskusyon ang mga Atheists at Agnostics.

For Our Visitors
If you have to ask anything, feel free. btw, we have apple juice on the frigged.

Last edited:
First topic: Kailan ka naging Atheist o Agnostic?

Ako, galing ako sa Catholic family, then naging Agnostic ako last November, then this January naging Atheist na ako ng tuluyan. Dahil sa pag-aaral ng BS Physics at dumagdag pa ang Philosophy kaya ako naging Atheist. ;)

Last edited:
@otor bat di mo lagyan ng poll, para malaman natin ang bilang ng mga Agnostic/Atheists dito. ;)

anyway i became atheist when I started seeking for the truth, that was 2 years ago mula sa pagiging deist.:)

adding poll to know the number of Atheists and Agnostics? I do not know for what purpose should that be done. What will you do after knowing the number anyway?

ok. you came from deist. that's good.

Sana may AA ditong magaling sa graphics, pa graphics sana itong thread na ito hehe.

Last year.
I am an atheistic agnostic to be exact.

Ha? You mean pareho?
Atheist = No God
Agnostic = A God exist
Atheist + Agnostic = There is No God but a God exist?
,Contrasting but I have to respect your freedom of choosing religion.

Last year yun brad? Ano na ngayon?

If you think aliens exist and that this aliens are more sophisticated and intelligent being than earthlings, would that qualify as being agnostic? :p

Just curious. but thats not exactly what i subscribe to.

Me? born in a catholic family. agnostic na siguro ako since i find most religious rituals absurd. Atheist, hindi pa. If there is a god, i dont think nakikialam sya/sila/ito sa mga nangyayari sa mundo. Mahirap tuluyang maging atheist considering na simula bata ka pa eh nakatanim na sayo yun idea of a god.

@mightymarc, agnostics argument from aliens, If such beings exist, can t be considered Gods? Anlufet mo na siguro, marami ka na sigurong nabasang arguments of agnostics. Welcome!

Ou, pare I agree mahirap mawalay at magbago ng pananaw. Naaalala ko yung unang 7 araw ko without the so called God. Kakaiba.

Yehey! 3 na tayo.

Ha? You mean pareho?

Hindi.

Atheist = No God
Agnostic = A God exist
Atheist + Agnostic = There is No God but a God exist?

Atheist - I don't believe in god/s

Agnostic - I don't know if there are god/s

Atheistic Agnostic - I don't know if there are god/s but I don't believe. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_atheism

how do you define the term 'agnostic', BTW?

Atheist = No God

'Strong atheist' ang tinutukoy mo dito, a subset of atheism.
The term 'atheist' in general means non-belief in the existence of God/gods.
There is, however, a subset called 'strong atheists' who do openly claim that there is no God/s.
Dito sa Symbianize ewan ko kung sino yung mga atheist na openly kine-Claim nila na wala talagang God/gods,
Deity/deities, CREATOR, Supreme Being, Higher Being, First Cause, Intelligent Designer
or kung ano man ang nais mong itawag.

,Contrasting but I have to respect your freedom of choosing religion.
What do you mean by this?

Atheistic agnosticism is NOT a religion. ganun din ang atheism.

Last year yun brad? Ano na ngayon?
I mean, last year ako naging atheist(atheistic agnostic to be exact). gets?

I am an atheistic because I don't believe the CLAIM made by theist that there is a God/gods.
I am an agnostic because I cannot know for certain that there is no God or CREATOR. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_atheism
sa Spectrum of theistic probability ni Richard Dawkins, #6 ako.

Hindi.

Atheist - I don't believe in god/s

Agnostic - I don't know if there are god/s

Atheistic Agnostic - I don't know if there are god/s but I don't believe. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_atheism

how do you define the term 'agnostic', BTW?

'Strong atheist' ang tinutukoy mo dito, a subset of atheism.
The term 'atheist' in general means non-belief in the existence of God/gods.
There is, however, a subset called 'strong atheists' who do openly claim that there is no God/s.
Dito sa Symbianize ewan ko kung sino yung mga atheist na openly kine-Claim nila na wala talagang God/gods,
Deity/deities, CREATOR, Supreme Being, Higher Being, First Cause, Intelligent Designer
or kung ano man ang nais mong itawag.

What do you mean by this?

Atheistic agnosticism is NOT a religion. ganun din ang atheism.

I mean, last year ako naging atheist(atheistic agnostic to be exact). gets?

I am an atheistic because I don't believe the CLAIM made by theist that there is a God/gods.
I am an agnostic because I cannot know for certain that there is no God or CREATOR. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_atheism
sa Spectrum of theistic probability ni Richard Dawkins, #6 ako.

Huwaw, very well said, you enriched me.

1. Agnostics, it was defined that existence of God cannot be proved but they really exist and also uncertain in telling which God. It is how I define it, with the supervision of my Philo profs.

2. I do not know na meron palang subsets ang Atheists, but as far as I can stand my religion. Then so be it. hehe.

3. btw, I am strongly sure that God do not exist. I already proved it dozen of times in some forums and symposiums.

4. The only terms I used to describe God is that is all-knowing, all-powerful, and all-good. Here it is why:
Deity/deities- I do not know deity, but is it the same with its plural? because kung maraming gumawa sa atin, therefore, ibig sabihin maraming diyos, kapag maraming diyos lahat ng tao pwedeng maging diyos dahil marami din naman tayo.
CREATOR - it doesn't mean that if you're creator your already God. Machines create stuffs, but they are not God, they can be stopped.
Supreme Being - how do we define supreme? Invincible? But how come he cannot defy his opposite(non-Supreme)
Higher Being - what if aliens exists? So are they also God?
First Cause - From Nothing, Nothing comes. If it is the first cause, then, it should also its infinite opposite. (i.e. in numbers 1 is the first cause to make 2,3,etc. but before 1, there is 0, and the negative integers.)
Intelligent Designer - being only intelligent is not enough to be called god.

4. For me and my fellow philomates, we define atheism as religion, first let's define religion. Religion is shortly the way how we believe. Atheism also contributes to that description, as far as i believe through atheism, it satisfy the definition of religion.

5. Ok, di ko pa nababasa yung reading ni Richard, pero hindi ko tlaga kase pwedeng basahin o buklatin man lang ang wikipedia. Off limits ako diyan. To prove is to believe kase ako hehe.

Pero anlufet mo pa ren pare, ikaw ang una kong nakilalang AA. sana dumami pa tayo.

Last edited:
pwede po ba pumasok ang theist dito? hehe..
i'm not agnostic nor an atheist.. Catholic po ako.. :) just wanna share,. well, may mga kilala na rin po akong Agnostic dati na ngayon ay kasama ko na sa community sa Church.. :)

ay Agnostics and Atheist meeting place lang pala dito.. :) sorry po!

sir napaka katoliko ko mula ng isinilang ako hangang netong mga buwan na toh.
palagi ko nga tinatapos ang simbang gabi mula 2004,perfect!

kaso nggng agnostic ako sa pag panood ng mga dokyu bout religion at mga dokyo bout science
at facts bout sa mundo at tao..at syempre sa mga personal experiences ko.

am i on the road on being atheist?pero may takot prn ako.

kaso nggng agnostic ako sa pag panood ng mga dokyu bout religion at mga dokyo bout science

As long as kaya mong panindigan ang relihiyon mo, hindi ka magagaya sa ibang nakikigaya lang. Going to church doesn’t make you a Christian, any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Ikaw mismo ang gagawa ng sarili mong paniniwala.

Ako, hindi ako umasa sa personal experiences, science, atbp. kaya ako naging atheist. Logic lang talaga ginamit ko. :lol:

4. For me and my fellow philomates, we define atheism as religion, first let's define religion. Religion is shortly the way how we believe. Atheism also contributes to that description, as far as i believe through atheism, it satisfy the definition of religion.
perhaps strong atheism/gnostic atheism(the subset) but not atheism in general. As I've said, atheism in general simply means NON-BELIEF in God/gods.

5. Ok, di ko pa nababasa yung reading ni Richard, pero hindi ko tlaga kase pwedeng basahin o buklatin man lang ang wikipedia. Off limits ako diyan. To prove is to believe kase ako hehe.

huh? what do you mean? I dint get it

question lng po..

Buddhism po ba ay isang form ng atheism?

about naman sakin i still believe sa supreme being pero not necessary na god, and ayaw ko kahit ano mangyari makiparticipate sa kahit anong mainstream religion.. anong genre na kaya ko nyan?

tama lang yan bro, we don't encourage you to become atheist but we do advice you not to stop asking for the truth. wag kang makuntento sa faith lang. dahil kung talagang totoong may dyos na gumagab ay sa atin ay gagabayan nya tayo sa paghahanap ng katotohanan para malamang sya nga ay totoo, pero hindi dahil ang katotohanan ay hindi talaga sya totoo.;)

question lng po..

Buddhism po ba ay isang form ng atheism?

about naman sakin i still believe sa supreme being pero not necessary na god, and ayaw ko kahit ano mangyari makiparticipate sa kahit anong mainstream religion.. anong genre na kaya ko nyan?

that makes you a Deist.;)

perhaps strong atheism/gnostic atheism(the subset) but not atheism in general. As I've said, atheism in general simply means NON-BELIEF in God/gods.

1. well then yes, atheism in non belief. haha. thanks at least i know na meron palang subset ang atheism. may sect din pala

huh? what do you mean? I dint get it

1. I mean, para makapag reply sa point na iyon, kailangan ko pang basahin yung article na yun haha. thanks at least magiging busy ulit ako haha.

salamat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom