Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

change OS

izzan21

Novice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
mga ka sb tanong ko lang po.

ano magandang linux version sa ganitong unit:

- 2Gb memory
- Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor 3 GHz

sa linux ba pwede parin makapag dota sa Gerena ?

- 2Gb memory

Linux Mint Mate Edition. Subukan mo muna via Live Mode.

Nope. Linux is not Windows. Garena / Dota is Windows-based games.
May paraan to run Dota on Linux, using Wine, pero sa palagay ko, di gagana ang Garena sa Linux.

ts kung gusto mo mag linux ito maganda>>> Ubuntu
at kung gusto mo nman mag laro o mag run ng mga windows programs >> install mo yung Wine

Last edited:
mga sir/mam anu magandang os ng linux para sa specs na to...

Processor: AMD A8-3870 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), `3.0GHz

Memomy/RAM: 8 GB

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5670 (1GB DDR5)

ty much sa reply.. gusto ku kasi matuto gumamit ng ibang OS..

mga ka sb tanong ko lang po.

- 2Gb memory

TS.. your unit is running at 3GHz with 2GB RAM, that is no longer consider as low-end unit, low-ends are 1GB RAM on 1-1.6GHz Processor, so Go for Ubuntu if really mean to play Games.

As of the date, according to Wine HQ, DOTA 1 and 2 are supported so as Garena version 3.0 (other versions have issues), one other aspect that you must take in to account is your graphic card, if mababa masyado graphic card mo or graphic accelerator mo mag-lalag padin yan not because of Wine and Dota but its your graphic card....

TS.. your unit is running at 3GHz with 2GB RAM, that is no longer consider as low-end unit, low-ends are 1GB RAM on 1-1.6GHz Processor...

TS' specs:
- 2Gb memory

I beg to disagree. I have a desktop which I bought 5yrs. ago in Qatar. Take note, it's not Pentium 4, a dual cpu. If the point of comparison is NOWADAYS, I don't consider it as a high end unit anymore. To make it clear, let' define what is low-end... "low end products are cheaper and more basic than other similar ones sold in the same market".
You cannot say that low-ends are 1GB RAM on 1-1.6GHz Processor unless you have a basis for this. Nowadays, I see gamers as well as graphics/video editors having a minimum of 4GB memory & an average processors. And most of the releases of Linux distros have PAE kernel (pls. correct me if I'm wrong with this) that allows you to use your 4GB RAM or higher. Therefore, we can say that computers having 2GB RAM or even with 1.8GHz CPUs can also be considered low-end units already.

P.S.
Nagiging high-end lang ang isang unit kahit hindi na kasi... nasa Pilipinas tayo :)

Last edited:
TS' specs:
- 2Gb memory

I beg to disagree. I have a desktop which I bought 5yrs. ago in Qatar. Take note, it's not Pentium 4, a dual cpu. If the point of comparison is NOWADAYS, I don't consider it as a high end unit anymore. To make it clear, let' define what is low-end... "low end products are cheaper and more basic than other similar ones sold in the same market".
You cannot say that low-ends are 1GB RAM on 1-1.6GHz Processor unless you have a basis for this. Nowadays, I see gamers as well as graphics/video editors having a minimum of 4GB memory & an average processors. And most of the releases of Linux distros have PAE kernel (pls. correct me if I'm wrong with this) that allows you to use your 4GB RAM or higher. Therefore, we can say that computers having 2GB RAM or even with 1.8GHz CPUs can also be considered low-end units already.

P.S.
Nagiging high-end lang ang isang unit kahit hindi na kasi... nasa Pilipinas tayo :)

great reference poh, its strange though, it refers to MARKET and STOCKS definition of Low-End, while I was talking about Low-End definition in the Computer Engineering perspective, low-end in this sense isnt determined by its price but how it runs it...

- - - Updated - - -

and by the way, we are taking in to account that the Platform OS in consideration is Linux OS, DOTA is native in Linux, if you were referring to low-end in a Windows User perspective, well I couldn't agree more, that specs running in Windows and running DOTA is clearly a low-end....

great reference poh, its strange though, it refers to MARKET and STOCKS definition of Low-End, while I was talking about Low-End definition in the Computer Engineering perspective, low-end in this sense isnt determined by its price but how it runs it...

No, it's not strange. it's not referring to MARKET and STOCKS. In fact, here's the copy from that link (w/ example used in the sentence):

low-end products or goods are cheaper and more basic than other similar ones sold in the same market:
low-end PC/product/model In an effort to undercut competitors, the company recently unveiled a low-end model that sells for as little as $360.

How come that the term is only applicable to MARKET and STOCKS? Let's check the definition if there's something strange.

* Low-end products or goods are cheaper... - so this is PRICE

Example : Let's say, you have i7, mine is Celeron (Ito yung pinanlaban ng Intel sa AMD noon).

...let's continue,

* (just to complete) Low-end products or goods are more basic than other similar ones... - this is SPECS (specifications)

Example : Let's say again, you have iPhone, mine is MyPhone.

Just to add...

* If you have a latest computer and I have an old computer, of course mine is low-end - so this is TIME (this is my point in my previous post)

I can define the term in my words. I'm defining it for the end-users. Not all of them are technical persons or computer engineers. Actually, I encountered the term low-end in the field of Computing not in Marketing.

Last edited:
No, it's not strange. it's not referring to MARKET and STOCKS. In fact, here's the copy from that link (w/ example used in the sentence):

How come that the term is only applicable to MARKET and STOCKS? Let's check the definition if there's something strange.

* Low-end products or goods are cheaper... - so this is PRICE

Example : Let's say, you have i7, mine is Celeron (Ito yung pinanlaban ng Intel sa AMD noon).

...let's continue,

* (just to complete) Low-end products or goods are more basic than other similar ones... - this is SPECS (specifications)

Example : Let's say again, you have iPhone, mine is MyPhone.

Just to add...

* If you have a latest computer and I have an old computer, of course mine is low-end - so this is TIME (this is my point in my previous post)

I can define the term in my words. I'm defining it for the end-users. Not all of them are technical persons or computer engineers. Actually, I encountered the term low-end in the field of Computing not in Marketing.

Still dont get it huh? oh well, the thread is yours... i got more important stuff to do and people to help

Still dont get it huh? oh well, the thread is yours... i got more important stuff to do and people to help

Me too. You did not get me. I need a concrete answer. The issue here is low-end. The only thing that I need to get from you is your gauge or your basis on why did you say "...3GHz with 2GB RAM, that is no longer consider as low-end unit, low-ends are 1GB RAM on 1-1.6GHz Processor" in response to iamasuperuser. You cannot just tell this if there is no comparison, right? My point is TIME and PLACE. TS' specs can be high-end during the time he bought the unit and low-end if we will compare it to the latest units in the market. Can be high-end in our country and low-end in U.S. And you said, "...talking about Low-End definition in the Computer Engineering perspective, low-end in this sense isnt determined by its price but how it runs it...", you mean... a DamnSmallLinux running on i7? Ubuntu 13.10 running on P4? (just an example) You know, I cannot say my PuppyLinux running on 1GB on 1.6GHz low-end if we're talking about how it runs it and in Computer Engineering perspective.

And by the way also, I'm not a gamer because I'm against it. I have nothing to say about TS' query on DOTA thing. I just have a question... is DOTA native on Linux? What I know, students are addicts on this game playing in computer/Internet shops wherein the platform is Windows.

Last edited:
low end = yung mga noon pa na hardware/specs

high end = yung mga ngayon, bago
low end = P4 DUAL CORE CORE2DUO

mid end = i3 ?

high end = i5 i7

intel kasi madalas gamit ko kaya yan.. :)

ang specs ni TS and low end para sakin, pero sinabi ko lang na mejo low end para di naman sya ma hurt ;)

at nasabi ko na low end dahil yun ang tingin ko :D

quadcore/4threads procie + 4G ram + 1G DDR5 vc yata ang basic average sa panahon ngayon.. pag mababa pa jan.. I personally consider it as LOW END.

wag nyo po ako awayin personal na pananaw ko lang yan sa LOWEND na tinatawag :D :D

mga sir/mam anu magandang os ng linux para sa specs na to...

Processor: AMD A8-3870 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), `3.0GHz

Memomy/RAM: 8 GB

Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 5670 (1GB DDR5)

ty much sa reply.. gusto ku kasi matuto gumamit ng ibang OS..
ito mid end para sakin :D

hi sir.. para sakin depende sa personal taste mo eh.. marami kasi distro ang Linux... marami ka pag pipilian.. so my advise is try mo bawat isa hanggang sa makapili ka ng swak sa taste mo...

mag virtualbox ka, dun mo install at itry ang looks and feel at kung panu gamitin ang isang distro... :)

para sakin swak naman sa lahat ng distro ang specs mo.. try and mamili ka nalang :D

Last edited:
low end = yung mga noon pa na hardware/specs

high end = yung mga ngayon, bago...
That is what I call TIME.

low end = P4 DUAL CORE CORE2DUO

mid end = i3 ?

high end = i5 i7

intel kasi madalas gamit ko kaya yan.. :)
We can also check from here.

quadcore/4threads procie + 4G ram + 1G DDR5 vc yata ang basic average sa panahon ngayon.. pag mababa pa jan.. I personally consider it as LOW END.
That is also one of my personal preference.

wag nyo po ako awayin personal na pananaw ko lang yan sa LOWEND na tinatawag
Bakit ka naman aawayin? :) Linawin ko lang. Ito ay isang forum na may kalayaan kang ipahiwatig ang iyong opinyon, pananaw at nalalaman subalit kailangang isaalang-alang din ang patakaran na nakapaloob dito. Kaya naging maingat rin ako sa paggamit ng mga salita sa aking mga sagot. At kung humantong man sa mainit na diskusyon, ito ay normal lamang at katangian din ng isang forum, kung tawagin ay debate na. Sa ganitong sitwasyon, dito papasok ang pagiging propesyonal ng isang tao.
Medyo naging maselan lang ako dahil sa karamihan ng bumibisita, miyembro o nakakabasa ng forum na ito ay mga estudyante.

I feel very disappointed with this statement. Sorry to say this, this is very unprofessional.

Last edited:
heheehe :D biro lang yung sa "awayin"

Medyo naging maselan lang ako dahil sa karamihan ng bumibisita, miyembro o nakakabasa ng forum na ito ay mga estudyante.

agree po.. kaya mas mainam na maging maingat sa komento at pinakamainam kung ang iyong sagot sa isang topiko ay masusuportahan ng maayos na paliwanag or dukomento kung kinakailangan...

mahirap maging cause ng "mislead"

Last edited:
Meron ba kayong maisu-suggest na os na kagaya ng XP Pro? Kasi mawawalan na daw ng support eh, low-end pa naman tong laptop ko... LGLW20 po model niya..

Naku ang init ng usapan dito! Yun ang napala natin sa subrang dependent with western tech terms..Paano kaya kung gagawa tayo ng sarili nating mga terminology in tech world? Palagi kasi tayong copy ng copy sa mga matataas na ilong, wala tayong originality...

Naku ang init ng usapan dito! Yun ang napala natin sa subrang dependent with western tech terms..Paano kaya kung gagawa tayo ng sarili nating mga terminology in tech world? Palagi kasi tayong copy ng copy sa mga matataas na ilong, wala tayong originality...

Ika nga sa middle east, "What to do, yani?!" :) Halos lahat ng ginagamit natin na technology ay galing sa U.S. Halimbawa, PC (pinasikat ng IBM), Mac (Apple), DOS/Windows (Microsoft), GNU ng GNU/Linux (hindi magiging ganap na OS ang Linux na alam natin ngayon kung walang GNU. Dahil ang Linux ay kernel (core ng isang OS) lamang na gawa ni Linus Torvalds. Kaya dapat malaking pasasalamat natin kay Richard Stallman dahil sa GNU). Kaya they have the right to claim the terms when it comes to technology at gamitin naman natin ang talagang sa kanila. Sa ating mga pinoy ay likas ang copy/copy. Sa iskul na nga lang. Sikat ang copy/paste. Sa pulitika o sa mass media, plagiarism :) Kaya nga dapat kung kokopya na nga lang ay yung mapapanindigan (my point for students) excluding plagiarism. IMO, there's nothing wrong in copying when it comes to technology because that is one way of improving it. Microsoft na nga lang, kung di dahil sa pangongopya tignan niyo ngayon mga produkto nila. hindi ba't visible sa opisina, sa eskwelahan at sa mga negosyo?... Yung idelohiya ni Richard Stallman sa Free Software na kung saan libre o may kalayaan ka gamitin, tignan ang code at pagtibayin ang isang software. Hindi sisikat ang isang distro kundi dahil dito. Let's say debian -> Ubuntu -> Mint. Ang lahat ng mga ito ay dahil sa pangongopya.

Last edited:

ano po ma suggest nyo na pinoy term at panu nyo po i define ang lowend at high end in a Pinoy way? thanks

ano po ma suggest nyo na pinoy term at panu nyo po i define ang lowend at high end in a Pinoy way? thanks

Pwede
..yung low-end
......pang masa or para sa marunong or PM
.........kasi mostly yung marurunong alam kung papaano patakbuhin yung mahina na machine...kung sa mahiiig sa cars gusto yung manual trans
..yung high-end
.....pang mayaman or para sa mahina or PM$
.........e yung mahina gusto yung easy palagi...ika nga automatic trans pag average driver

hahahahahhaa joke

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom