Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Cherry Mobile "FLARE" S100 Official Users' Thread

Re: Cherry Mobile "FLARE" S100 Official User's Thread UPDATED!

good to be back ang tambayan natin...
yun mga me problema sa keyboard, try nyo yun swype keyboard me language support for filipino yun.
konteng practice lang (as in parang naglalaro lang pwede ka din magsave ng sarili mong words/linggo) at mapeperfect mo ang texting dun without being jejemon:p

take note this type of keyboard is being used by the fastest texting peepz breaking the Guinness World Record.:clap:

imagine,
"The razor-toothed piranhas of the genera Serrasalmus and Pygocentrus are the most ferocious freshwater fish in the world. In reality they seldom attack a human."
at 35.54 seconds.

another round of:clap::clap:

Last edited:

Install ka Temple Run pag nasa gitna na ung tumatakbo habang nakalapag sa flat surface phone mo. Okay na yan!! Hehe! :rock:

thanks nasa gitna naman sya.. :dance::dance::dance:

i just bought this unit and happy ako sa mga capabilities nya...ask ko lang kung merong apps na pwede sa flare na virtual dj? gusto ko kasi namimix ko yung music sa cp ko kaya ask ko po kung merong ganun?

eto po try nyo SPC - Music Sketchpad

try nyo din parang 0+ AIR SHUFFLE

Last edited:

guys patulong naman kung paano palitan ung QWERTY Keypad ng ABC Keypad hirap kasi ako gamitin o mag text sa QWERTY Keypad...

patulong din po kung paano palitan ung built in na operamini ng moded na operamini hindi ko kasi ma install ung moded na operamini ayaw magpa install...

guys patulong naman kung paano palitan ung QWERTY Keypad ng ABC Keypad hirap kasi ako gamitin o mag text sa QWERTY Keypad...

patulong din po kung paano palitan ung built in na operamini ng moded na operamini hindi ko kasi ma install ung moded na operamini ayaw magpa install...

eto bro try mo

bout opera mini dapat ma uninstall muna yun stock to install new one.
kelangan yata iback-up muna yun stock OM.

question sun cellular user ng flares

nakapag zero fb na po ba kau?

good to be back ang tambayan natin...
yun mga me problema sa keyboard, try nyo yun swype keyboard me language support for filipino yun.
konteng practice lang (as in parang naglalaro lang pwede ka din magsave ng sarili mong words/linggo) at mapeperfect mo ang texting dun without being jejemon:p

take note this type of keyboard is being used by the fastest texting peepz breaking the Guinness World Record.:clap:

imagine,
"The razor-toothed piranhas of the genera Serrasalmus and Pygocentrus are the most ferocious freshwater fish in the world. In reality they seldom attack a human."
at 35.54 seconds.

another round of:clap::clap:

patry. salamat sa share!

oo pare kahit wlang tun ko

dl ka lng ng droidvpn kunek u ky smart inet :)

di po ako maka connect sa smart pano po ba kakabili ko lang ng smart sim may piso syang load regular. tapos nag coconnect ako sa smart ang apn ay internet tinatry ko sa server 1,2,3 di po ako makaconnect

TS.. morning.. nababasa ba nya ang Java file... ???

Flare user here :clap:

Share Ko lang to para sa mga nag hahanap ng flare.
Cherry Mobile has no Permit to Import Flare?

Looking for Cherry Mobile’s Flare smartphone? Have you been told at CM stores that there is no available units of the Flare? Are you wondering why the Flare has not been available in huge quantities since a day after its launch? Have you checked Cherry Mobile Facebook page stating that they ran out of stock of the Flare? But you’ve got no clear answers on when this anticipated affordable smartphone shall be in the hands of Cherry Mobile customers.

This CM fan has posted several of this message at the CM page but got no response.

flare-customer.png

For me it looks suspicious that there has been no stock of the Flare a day after its launch. It is unusual for phone companies to formally launch a product but it has no enough inventory of the unit.

Maybe, it’s time to know the truth out of it. After several attempts asking CM when the Flare shall be available to the general public, my journalistic trait led me to asking the National Telecommunication Commission (NTC) about the Flare units.

My suspicion is true. The Flare has yet to be imported formally by Cherry Mobile. In fact, they sold the initial stocks of the Flare during the launch–the Saturday Flare Day on November 17, 2012 without the necessary permit. Engr. Jerry Bunag, Supervisor of the Licensing Unit at the NTC-National Capital Region was surprised when told late last week by this blog that the initial stocks of Flare were sold exactly a month ago in two CM stores in Metro Manila and in succeeding days in some of the stores of Cherry Mobile including in Cebu City.

Engr. Bunag revealed, as per record at the NTC, the Flare has no “Type-approved Certificate” which is a requirement for the granting of the Permit to Import. The certificate is issued once the phone specification passed the Philippine requirements for a mobile phone. Bunag also stressed that distributors are only allowed to sell few units for testing the market but not to the extent of selling hundreds of units that are yet to pass their test. In the case of Flare, about 1,000 units were sold during the launch day in two CM stores at SM North EDSA and Robinson’s Place Manila.

bunag-email.png

Engr. Bunag’s email in response to iStoryang HaaayTek’s query about the Flare.

According to Engr. Bunag the NTC is now looking at these reports on why CM had sold the Flare sans the import permit from NTC. In its Facebook page, CM acknowledges their continued sale of the unit and claims some stores are overpricing the Flare.

cm-on-overpricing.png

CM also announced that they are running out of stock of the Flare because of the huge demand. But the truth is the company has yet to legally import the units after it can acquire the necessary permit from NTC. The Flare is just a rebrand of the India-made Karbonn A9+ smartphone.

flare-out-of-stock.png

What puzzled me is the fact that CM blatantly selling the Flare sans the permit. CM has even announced a software update for the Flare. Engr. Bunag said the NTC is not aware of it. The NTC, according to Bunag, has not also issued separate permit to CM for the importation of the unit under the name–Karbonn A9+.

If the sold units bore the NTC stickers, this would bolster earlier reports that cellphone distributors are the ones putting the NTC stickers to the individual cellphone unit and the NTC is just providing the stickers after the importers paid the required fees for each sticker.

I made several attempts to contact Cherry Mobile through one of its staff whom i met during the Saturday Flare Day at the SM North EDSA. The staff refused to give me a statement nor he provided me the names of their officers and contact numbers for me to get their side of the story.

Engr. Bunag has forwarded my email inquiring about the Flare to the Office of the Regional Director of NTC-NCR, Delilah Deles for appropriate action. The Flare, sold at only P3,999 but with specs comparable to other high-end smartphones like its 1Ghz Dual-Core Snapdragon processor, has got favorable response from the Filipinos despite it’s a rebrand of India’s Karbonn A9+.

Credits to: JUN TARIMAN @ hitechtabai.wordpress.com

Last edited:

Share Ko lang to para sa mga nag hahanap ng flare.
Cherry Mobile has no Permit to Import Flare?

Looking for Cherry Mobile’s Flare smartphone? Have you been told at CM stores that there is no available units of the Flare? Are you wondering why the Flare has not been available in huge quantities since a day after its launch? Have you checked Cherry Mobile Facebook page stating that they ran out of stock of the Flare? But you’ve got no clear answers on when this anticipated affordable smartphone shall be in the hands of Cherry Mobile customers.

This CM fan has posted several of this message at the CM page but got no response.

flare-customer.png

For me it looks suspicious that there has been no stock of the Flare a day after its launch. It is unusual for phone companies to formally launch a product but it has no enough inventory of the unit.

Maybe, it’s time to know the truth out of it. After several attempts asking CM when the Flare shall be available to the general public, my journalistic trait led me to asking the National Telecommunication Commission (NTC) about the Flare units.

My suspicion is true. The Flare has yet to be imported formally by Cherry Mobile. In fact, they sold the initial stocks of the Flare during the launch–the Saturday Flare Day on November 17, 2012 without the necessary permit. Engr. Jerry Bunag, Supervisor of the Licensing Unit at the NTC-National Capital Region was surprised when told late last week by this blog that the initial stocks of Flare were sold exactly a month ago in two CM stores in Metro Manila and in succeeding days in some of the stores of Cherry Mobile including in Cebu City.

Engr. Bunag revealed, as per record at the NTC, the Flare has no “Type-approved Certificate” which is a requirement for the granting of the Permit to Import. The certificate is issued once the phone specification passed the Philippine requirements for a mobile phone. Bunag also stressed that distributors are only allowed to sell few units for testing the market but not to the extent of selling hundreds of units that are yet to pass their test. In the case of Flare, about 1,000 units were sold during the launch day in two CM stores at SM North EDSA and Robinson’s Place Manila.

bunag-email.png

Engr. Bunag’s email in response to iStoryang HaaayTek’s query about the Flare.

According to Engr. Bunag the NTC is now looking at these reports on why CM had sold the Flare sans the import permit from NTC. In its Facebook page, CM acknowledges their continued sale of the unit and claims some stores are overpricing the Flare.

cm-on-overpricing.png

CM also announced that they are running out of stock of the Flare because of the huge demand. But the truth is the company has yet to legally import the units after it can acquire the necessary permit from NTC. The Flare is just a rebrand of the India-made Karbonn A9+ smartphone.

http://hitechtabai.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/flare-out-of-stock.png?w=423

What puzzled me is the fact that CM blatantly selling the Flare sans the permit. CM has even announced a software update for the Flare. Engr. Bunag said the NTC is not aware of it. The NTC, according to Bunag, has not also issued separate permit to CM for the importation of the unit under the name–Karbonn A9+.

If the sold units bore the NTC stickers, this would bolster earlier reports that cellphone distributors are the ones putting the NTC stickers to the individual cellphone unit and the NTC is just providing the stickers after the importers paid the required fees for each sticker.

I made several attempts to contact Cherry Mobile through one of its staff whom i met during the Saturday Flare Day at the SM North EDSA. The staff refused to give me a statement nor he provided me the names of their officers and contact numbers for me to get their side of the story.

Engr. Bunag has forwarded my email inquiring about the Flare to the Office of the Regional Director of NTC-NCR, Delilah Deles for appropriate action. The Flare, sold at only P3,999 but with specs comparable to other high-end smartphones like its 1Ghz Dual-Core Snapdragon processor, has got favorable response from the Filipinos despite it’s a rebrand of India’s Karbonn A9+.

Credits to: JUN TARIMAN @ hitechtabai.wordpress.com

Matagal n namin t0ng alam paulit ulit ka pa!

Sarap mong kotongan e!

@ Reptar456

;) ... Yong issue na yan ay matagal na . Ito po ay gawain ng isang blogger na nakiki ride on sa kasikatan ng Flare . Para makilala sya ... ;)

nakapaglabas na po ulit ng new stocks c cherry mobile haha sadyang mabenta lang di sila naglalabas ng sobrang dami kasi dudumugin din sila ng publema pag nila chineck ng madaming beses ung unit haha

SUN Users question

panu ung zero fb natin kay flare di ko mapagana ung mga nakikita ko e ginaya ko n ung sa sgy ng gf ko na settings ayaw pa din haha di pa din makaacces

Last edited:

Magandang umaga mga ka symbian. Sino po ang naka install ng Contract killer 2 Zombies dito? At anu po ang solution at nag a auto exit po kasi sakin.

Copy pcdrivers.zip from phone to PC, desktop mo nlang ilagay den extract mo sa desktop na din. Remove pc from phone and make sure to put check mark on USB debugging sa Developer Options. Now turn off the phone and press Volume Up+Power butons to enter fastboot mode. Connect cord to PC and open Device Manager sa Control Panel>Hardware sa XP. Dito mo makikita ung installation ng mga driver. One ma recognize na ng PC ang phone it will try to install driver but most of the time it will fail sa phone na ito, that is why you will to do it manually. From device manager magkakaron ng bagong device na Android na may Exclamation point. Right click mo lang un and update driver by browsing the location of the unpacked pcdrivers folder location. After nito, sana mainstall mo na driver ng Flare. :rock:

:thanks: mas unang magfastboot tapos saksak mo na yung cord sa pc?

mga pops enge po link ng rooting at cmw for flare slmat po

sorry po huh newbie lng :dance:

@ Reptar456

;) ... Yong issue na yan ay matagal na . Ito po ay gawain ng isang blogger na nakiki ride on sa kasikatan ng Flare . Para makilala sya ... ;)
ah ganun po ba? hindi ko alam e. ngayon ko lang kasi nakita e. shinare ko lang para sa mga hindi pa alam.

Matagal n namin t0ng alam paulit ulit ka pa!

Sarap mong kotongan e!
sayo ba ang symbianize para magalit ng ganyan? diba free lang ang mag share ? :rofl:

sa wakas nakabili na din ng flare.sino taga cabanatuan dito na flare user.pm me.papatulong ako.hehe

Back
Top Bottom