Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

DC Cinematic Universe

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhu...become-8th-biggest-film-of-2017/#3b4ccdad16fb

'Wonder Woman' Charges Toward $420+ Million To Become 8th Biggest Film Of 2017

After flying past predictions with a $223 million global opening weekend, Patty Jenkins' superhero blockbuster Wonder Woman continues its domination of the box office this weekend. The film is tracking to top $420+ million in worldwide receipts. That's good enough for Gal Gadot's Amazon hero to break into 2017's top 10 box office grossers, unseating Fifty Shades Darker for the eighth spot on the list.

WONDER-WOMAN-official-still-9-1200x801.jpg

After several terrific weekdays that saw Wonder Woman nabbing almost $12 million on Monday, followed by an even bigger $14.4 million on Tuesday, the movie is enjoying loud positive buzz from audiences and plenty of repeat business already. It's on pace for a finish anywhere between $250 million domestic to $310 million, depending on how well it holds and whether the final multiplier is more in the 3x range or the 2.5x range. But worldwide, it's clear Wonder Woman is headed for a finish with more than $600 million, while $700 million is definitely still in the cards.

Currently sitting somewhere near $320 million in global ticket sales as of this morning, if Wonder Woman sees weekend numbers of $60 million domestic and something similar overseas, then it could conceivably finish this weekend with $440+ million. The film's international footprint grew this week as it opened in a few new markets, including Germany, and next week it expands further. So expect strong holds as the new markets plus vacation time for young audiences creates a wonderful environment for the Amazon princess to make a serious run at $500 million before the start of weekend #3.

Whether it actually manages to hit that target or winds up closer to $480+ million entering its junior weekend, the film is still in a great position and should top $520 million during that weekend. By the end of June, it's looking at a likely top-5 spot for the year.
WONDER-WOMAN-official-still-16-1200x667.jpg

This is turning into a bigger victory than Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment even dreamed of, with such widespread critical acclaim the film's marketing is smartly trumpeting its Certified Fresh rating and continuing to generate consistent social media attention and buzz. The success of Wonder Woman is heralded as a major turning point for the DCU after mixed reception and some underperformance in the past, and can go a long way toward establishing a more positive media and public narrative for their projects going forward.

After Suicide Squad pulled off a surprisingly great $745 million cume despite negative reviews and enjoyed a subsequent strong performance on home entertainment, it's inevitable that Wonder Woman will help the DCU finish the Summer with about $3 billion in the bank overall from four theatrical receipts to date. If Justice League manages to live up to expectations and delivers a performance in the $1 billion range plus good enough reviews to push it over the 60% line at Rotten Tomatoes (whether you like it or not, that sort of indicator matters to the mainstream public and is a sign of general critical consensus about movies, so we have to consider it), then it's definitely a new era for DC's cinematic adaptations.

View attachment 315600

from dc films unlimited. Fans pick their favorite DCEU film

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    170.4 KB · Views: 10
^Man of steel din favorite ko. Medyo close na second ultimate cut ng bVs. Pwede silang magkapalit ng place :thumbsup:

Hahaha may nagpapakalat ng fake na leaked picts ni supes daw sa justice league lolz! :lmao:

18954951_479714069039304_8524599784736931187_o.jpg

Sinimulan ko na basahin ibang dc rebirth titles, at what the hell? Nasaan si shazam??? :rant:
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5uZXdzYXJhbWEuY29tL2ltYWdlcy9pLzAwMC8xNDAvNzMzL29yaWdpbmFsL3NoYXphbS1uZXctNTIuanBn

- - - Updated - - -

Dinouble check ko line up, wala rin si martian manhunter! :upset: why? Dalawa sa powerhouses ng league na on par kila clark and diana are still missing. Huling kita ko kay billy/shazam is during ng darkseid wars ng napalitan mga gods na pinagkuhanan niya ng powers.. si martian manhunter naman sa superman doomed ng tinulungan niya si clark na itulak ang ship ni brainiac na ilang beses ang size sa earth.
Martian-Manhunter-Explained-Facts.jpg

Well at least nabanggit ni manchester black si darkseid sa latest superman issue... pero walang balita kila john at billy :noidea:

Last edited:
West is a cool guy.
18920215_1651961348167056_4253073317256145474_n.jpg

Wonder woman and Oscar

OSCARS.

THR's awards columnist reports on the Academy's packed Saturday night screening for members and speculation that the film might be able to crack the Oscar race.
It's not often that I wake up to a mailbox full of unsolicited comments from Academy members about a movie, especially in June, a half-year before any of them receive their Oscar nomination ballots. But that's precisely what happened on Sunday, the morning after Patty Jenkins' Wonder Woman screened for the organization's members at its Beverly Hills headquarters. The pic — the first big-studio superhero film in either the current DC or Marvel movie universes centering on a female character, starring Gal Gadot — opened nationwide on Friday, garnering 93% favorable reviews and grossing $100.5 million at the domestic box office.

Before reading my emails, I checked Twitter to see what sort of chatter was going on there. "I've never seen more people at an Academy screening," tweeted Tony Pierce, a community manager at the Academy, along with a picture of the crowd. "Last time I saw a crowd like this here was for The Force Awakens," noted Peter Clines, who attends Academy screenings as the significant other of a member. Academy members are invited to bring up to three guests to screenings at the Samuel Goldwyn Theatre at this time of the year, meaning the crowd wasn't all members. But, even so, now I was intrigued and couldn't wait to read what members' reactions were.

READ MORE
Box Office: 'Wonder Woman' Opens to Historic $103M
"Large, enthusiastic crowd," wrote one male member of the public relations branch who is not connected to Warner Bros., the film's distributor, or the film itself. "Big applause for Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot. Boos when [executive producer turned Trump treasury secretary] Steve Mnuchin's credit came on screen. Very mixed crowd. A large percent were non-members, for sure — some teens, which you don't usually see on a Saturday night — but also quite a few older Academy members, so clearly they were interested in the film. It played extremely well. If a film like this can get Oscar attention, this might be the one this year." He continued, "My guess is that the directors might want to nominate Patty Jenkins for reasons you can divine, though not undeserved. Remember, the pic got great reviews. On the other hand, WB couldn't get any Oscar action for very well received Harry Potter and Batman films [apart from a posthumous Oscar for Heath Ledger]. Oh, and on a personal note, if the film stopped the moment Gal Gadot made her stunning entrance, I'd give it five stars and go home happy — she's incredibly beautiful and, more importantly, quite a good actress, at least for this role. The film is really wonderful. Gotta hand it to Patty Jenkins."

It's worth noting, at this time, that only 27% of Academy members are female, so the film almost certainly will need male members to react like that one if it's to register in any major categories at the end of the year. On average, only one or two female-centric films receive best picture Oscar noms each year.

"The theater was 90% full," wrote a female member of the sound branch. "Lots of applause for the credits. Some sniffling here and there. The sound was good — seat-rattling, and not in the Michael Bay hit-you-over-the-head way. Nice mix too. The VFX were okay — some mattes were cheesy, but the production design was great and the music, as well, was stellar. The screenplay was smart, so that's a possibility. Hard film for the Academy to ignore, and the fact that so many showed up and applauded is a good sign. It's fun and patriotic in its innocence, meaning if you are an America First Republican it hit you over the head! As soon as Chris Pine comes on the scene, the film takes flight and never lands or takes a breath. It could actually garner a best picture nomination. And Gal Gadot is perfect."

Not everyone felt the same way as those two, though.

"This movie is so hyped and the reviews are so good, of course members are going to turn out," wrote a female member of the producers branch, acknowledging that there was "not a seat empty." She continued, "I don't like these movies — I don't even go to them, usually, because I'm bored by them. Where are the comedies? I want to be entertained and laugh and not be bombarded by stupid action sequences. Even though the action sequences are a little different than usual, they're not original — there's crashing and fighting and flying and killing. Doesn't anybody remember Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon? This felt the same. Also, I was a big fan of Boardwalk Empire and Jack Huston, who wore the half-mask on the show, and that's what the villain wears here, so that's not original either! Everyone's saying the film is fresh, but I think they're being blinded by the female-empowerment thing — it's really not, and that's irritating. I thought the origin story was pretty lame and I really thought, 'Oh, we're in trouble' — and then we get to her saving his life, and that's when it picks up. As soon as they wear their city clothes, it's better, to me — they're a handsome couple and that was my favorite thing. I give it a B+." She added, in reference to the Oscars, "If I were a betting woman, I wouldn't bet on it. We have yet to see all the movies in the fall, and by that time people will not remember this so much. So I would be surprised."

One female member of the executives branch who was not able to attend Saturday night's screening also wrote me: "I'm eager to see it. It sounds absolutely wonderful. And truly, there's nothing else to see."

Okay din pala wonder woman animated movie!
wonder_woman_animated_commemorative_keyart.jpg

61C7CfKBzJL._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Okay na reading material din wonder woman earth one! :thumbsup:

Confirmed na green lantern corps movie. That means possible na blackest night dahil sa presence ng ibang lantern colors! :praise:

81bcddd7adbc3d9851231ab50c6a5d18.jpg

Nitpick lang, totoo na medyo ka level ni big barda si diana. I mean siya pa rin nag train sa mga furies. Pero iba si scott free, halos parang normal human lang siya. Kaya siya naging powerhouse to some degree dahil sa brief time, nasa possession niya ang anti life equation.

Parang kasama rin blue beetle at starfire sa line up. May long haired na flying woman at may another na winged character na medyo hawig ang design kay blue beetle.

Last edited:
^bossing mark, kinailangan nila ang buong multiverse para itake down ang fully powered na anti monitor sa COIE lolz! Kaya parang mahirap gawan ng adaptation si anti monitor sa movie while giving him justice :noidea: Sa totoo lang, mas mukha pang plot device si AM dahil ginamit siya ng DC comics para pansamantalang iwipe out or alisin ang concept ng multiverse. Sa sinestro corps war, kaya lang natake down si AM dahil sa mga guardians ng oa at kay superboy prime
5321321-rco014.jpg

magkakahalong heroes na ng natitirang universes ang nagtulong para itake down si AM(most notably sila post crisis supes, diana, wally west, golden age supes) pati si spectre na naka amp ng magic at 5d imp powers na render comatose after ng first collision niya kay am lolz :praise:

ilan lang din kilala kong kayang lumaban ng 1 on 1 sa COIE na AM sa DCU, most notably ang thought robot dahil sa sheer size niya na nag exceed sa orrery of worlds.

from man of steel gives hope! :thumbsup:

"Why Wonder Woman’s Male Fans Matter
By Andrew Dyce

Everyone knew that if Wonder Woman‘s first movie was a hit, it would change the game for women in Hollywood blockbusters. There’s no question that the film’s massive box office haul is proving sexist studio thinking wrong, with Wonder Woman looking to beat Man of Steel in the genre of movies he helped create. But as entertainment pundits, major outlets, and female fans everywhere are calling this a win for women specifically, there’s a major reason why the male audience shouldn’t be left out of the equation. Diana values all humans equally, after all… and so do Hollywood movie studios.

With Wonder Woman earning a $100 million opening weekend, success was all but guaranteed – but the fact that critics made Diana the DCEU’s “freshest” release yet was just as important. Soon after the positivity surrounding Diana’s success began to build momentum, the excitement among online forums, comments sections, and prominent female voices began to take playful (or not at all playful) shots at men in the industry, male reviewers, or male creators whose films had not earned such praise. It’s understandable, given just how long women have been passed over (or perceived to be) in the superhero genre, both on the screen and as a target audience.

Lest we forget Diana’s message of inclusion, it’s also obvious that Wonder Woman‘s success is due to both male and female audiences, whether men’s “opinions” are wanted or not. And that’s the main lesson Hollywood studios and commentators should be taking to heart.

MEN & WOMEN ARE MAKING WONDER WOMAN A HIT

Wonder Woman is Certified Fresh Why Wonder Womans Male Fans Matter

Aside from Wonder Woman‘s $200 million worldwide opening, the number pointed to by many as a point of pride and victory was the fact that 52% of Wonder Woman‘s opening audience was women. The first DC or Marvel movie to claim a female majority, the number was hailed as proof that Hollywood studios need to wake up and take notice of their female fan bases (hint: make more female-led superhero movies). With the DCEU bringing Gotham City Sirens, Joss Whedon’s Batgirl movie, and the obvious Wonder Woman 2 on the horizon, it’s a message the DCEU has heard loud and clear.

But we would point out that 52% of the audience being women is remarkable… but not necessarily for the reason some might think. It confirms that WB’s efforts to market to women succeeded, but the real story for the long term may be the fact that a movie directed by a woman, starring a woman superhero attracted a 48% male audience. It was safe to assume that women would turn out for the film, given the buzz surrounding Wonder Woman as the first woman superhero, star, and director to headline a superhero blockbuster. But the male audience’s interest in the same factor, values, and marketing was just as loaded with assumptions.

Assumptions now proven wrong… and then some. If Wonder Woman‘s opening weekend audiences had been 60%, 70%, or 80% women, would that be better news for the character’s future, or worse? That increased ratio would signal the movie garnering less interest with men, and therefore fewer attending the opening weekend showings, with the box office dropping substantially. Both the numbers matter: the fact that Wonder Woman attracted men and women to movie theaters for its opening weekend – and that it attracted as many, if not more than a standard superhero blockbuster.

With 93% of reviewers giving the film the proverbial thumbs-up (the Rotten Tomatoes score as of this writing), that male majority shows Wonder Woman has connected just as well with men as it has with women, at least where review scores are concerned. The movie existing at all is a win for women everywhere, but the story the movie tells is, perhaps most importantly, one universal enough to satisfy all comers.

THE STORY IS ABOUT PEOPLE, NOT SIMPLY WOMEN

Wonder Woman Movie Heroes Cast Why Wonder Womans Male Fans Matter

The movie is directed by a woman, and stars a woman, but – perhaps most interestingly and importantly – is not explicitly “about” women, challenges unique to women, or a uniquely “female” experience. The fact that Diana is raised free from western patriarchy means she never really grasps it enough to dismantle or oppose it. And the ways in which the patriarchal military seek to control or hinder Diana are first applied to Steve Trevor. The story of Wonder Woman is the struggle of courage, resolve, and goodness in the face of overwhelming odds… the fact that women and men all get to share in that pursuit, blind to gender, is what makes the story such a profoundly feminist, egalitarian, and universal one.

When Chris Pine was asked if his Steve Trevor is a ‘dude in distress’ flipping the usual gender dynamics on their head, he made the movie’s message clear:

“The question doesn’t service anything but this narrative of hierarchy… There’s no judgement or discussion or conversation in the narrative about a hierarchy. It’s not a matriarchal structure; it’s not a patriarchal structure — it’s just human beings trying to figure out how to live in this awful world.”

It’s difficult to discuss the potency and importance of just what Wonder Woman does, since the disconnect between Diana’s reality and that of the audience is what makes her film so valuable and groundbreaking. Seeing a woman– seeing women take a heroic spotlight without sacrificing their femininity, vulnerability, or anything else is so rare in this genre, this medium, or this industry, a sudden and enduring onslaught of tears seems to be commonplace. But for the characters in Diana’s world the absence of patriarchy, or its inability to stand against a resolved hero means it’s barely a factor.

Steve Trevor and Diana in Wonder Woman Why Wonder Womans Male Fans Matter
Women can fantasize about being Diana, and men can fantasize about being one of the men who proudly fight next to her. Diana’s message is the same one as the film, explicitly: who or what you are is meaningless, only your character, your moral compass, and your willingness to do what is right matters. Director Patty Jenkins goes to clever lengths to keep “men” from becoming villains. (Case in point: the officer who scolds Steve for breaking decorum and bringing a woman into the war meeting later argues in her defense, that she should obviously be allowed to translate Maru’s notebook.)

At no point does Jenkins or the film make an easy play for ‘girl power’ where an argument for universal altruism is possible, favoring inclusivity over exclusivity in any form. Some fans may choose not to take Diana’s approach, but it’s hard to deny that Wonder Woman‘s story is one of empowerment, period. The gender politics and discussion of the world that the film is releasing into… well, that’s a different story.

SO, CAN FEMALE HEROES TELL UNIVERSAL STORIES?

Gal Gadot Patty Jenkins and Lucy Davis on the Wonder Woman set Why Wonder Womans Male Fans Matter
The steps forward in gender equality are just as important behind the cameras of Wonder Woman, with Patty Jenkins breaking as many stereotypes or false assumptions as Diana does. Placing a woman behind the lens of a male-dominated genre means limitless study and comparisons, but the universality of Diana’s story raises just as interesting questions about the significance of gender in the story’s creation. Especially if you believe that the most feminist, egalitarian approach to a female superhero is to tell a universal story, and just make the lead a woman instead of a man.

The point here being: Zack Snyder helped develop Wonder Woman‘s story along with Jason Fuchs, and Allan Heinberg, who wrote most of the screenplay. When Heinberg left it seems the remaining script work fell primarily to Patty Jenkins and Geoff Johns. As mentioned above, the resulting story is about as close to the archetypal Hero’s Journey outlined by Joseph Campbell as you’re likely to find. Which raises the question: did Wonder Woman show male storytellers at work, or did its universality vanquish gender prejudice and stereotypes by simply ignoring them?

Does the resulting film argue that Snyder, Fuchs, Heinberg, and Johns’s gender mattered less than their grasp of the character? Or is it fine to entrust these men to produce a screenplay and story, so long as a woman is the one given the final vision? There’s no simple answer to these questions, since the collaborative nature of filmmaking, especially studio blockbusters such as these make assigning ‘credit’ impossible. And as we’ve mentioned in the past, the suggestion that female superhero movies SHOULD be written and directed solely by women is both an obvious, and problematic one.

Wonder Woman Movie Diana Steve Sameer Why Wonder Womans Male Fans Matter

The idea that stories starring women must, or should be told by women implies that the hero’s gender colors their story inherently; that a story starring a woman speaks for and to women in a way other films won’t. Does the response from women to Patty Jenkins’s blockbuster support that idea, or does its critical and financial success among both men and women challenge it? Does Wonder Woman succeed by speaking to women, or by speaking not only to women? And who among the storytellers gets credit in either case?

What makes Wonder Woman such an ideal lens through which to ask and debate these questions is that it’s a hit, regardless of one’s opinions. That alone means everyone from Jenkins and Gadot on down deserve the credit and praise for the result. But the lessons learned by Wonder Woman on the screen and behind the scenes may not be as obvious as one might think… and true to Diana’s message, the real victory here may not be a gendered one at all

cool cyborg pict!
19059038_10211066246804814_3501585295478318762_n.jpg

Last edited:
Meron din ba sa inyo nagkocollect ng toys?
Collection ko kasi is yung funko pops ni Joker, ito yung latest na nabili ko

V3vJwP9r.jpg

4-bb24d82486-jpg.jpg

Batman proposes to catwoman.

There's also news of danny elfman replacing junkie xl for justice league soundtrack.

Last edited:
^^ I ship this so hard haha..sa movies and series din lahat siguro ng gumanap na Bruce and Selina canon para sakin

- - - Updated - - -

Meron din ba sa inyo nagkocollect ng toys?
Collection ko kasi is yung funko pops ni Joker, ito yung latest na nabili ko

http://i.imgur.com/V3vJwP9r.jpg

Ako balak ko palang hehe mag start ako sa Batman Family then JL

- - - Updated - - -

Malusog na si cyborg dito ah haha...

Anti Monitor as the villain sounds cool af pero medyo maaga pa, matagal2x pa cguro ang pagdating niyan at oo sana mabigyan ng hustisya

- - - Updated - - -

I wanna see the anti monitor.

- - - Updated - - -

http://youtu.be/9iVvykohT-U

Sayang I'd like Chris Pine to be Green Lantern too sana

Last edited:
Mukhang sinunod ni Bruce advice ng tatay niya na humanap ng happiness. Haha yari sila Kay talia niyan lolz! :lmao:

Puro comic books Lang collection ko. Nasimulan kong mangolekta dahil sa sinestro corps war! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
^I have some issues of JLA 2006. That's it.

Conan meets gal.

^mas gusto ko pa rin si hans zimmer para sa soundtrack :pray:

Swak na swak na villain sila brainiac at mongul para sa man of steel sequel. Isave nila si the rock/black adam sa captain marvel/shazam. :thumbsup:

Pinaka gusto kong makita na villain siempre si deathstroke at thawne!
tenor.gif

reverse-flash.gif

Speaking of thawne, ang savage niya sa latest flash issue. Astig din feat ni barry ng pininpoint niya from hundreds of clones si multiplex saka niya dinisable. Lahat ng yon, sa loob lang ng 1 second! :praise:

Out na rin pala dark days: the forge!

zzna-QMcJHh13RehC2KhZ5-SEbC89_17ZMwR2vt2gpPKcfr93AAp5FwfZB4g7xDFycEShybssKX2g1IpLNapChz6l7MXTEll0Ms-Es55qpAQv835PhaAWjFwBfB_HpnsJSWF=s1600

Last edited:
Wonder woman analysis

- - - Updated - - -

Crisis on infinite earths explained

- - - Updated - - -

Hall of justice teaser picts

http://www.cbr.com/justice-league-movie-hall-of-justice/?utm_source=CBR-FB-B&utm_medium=Facebook-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-FB-B&view=list

hall-of-justice-league-comics-header-film.jpg

Set photos from the?Justice League?film’ssignificant reshoots?have?indicated?that there may be a flashback?to?Wonder Woman‘s World War I setting, and that more scenes?will take place in Gotham. Now, they might have just revealed that one of the team’s most iconic structures will appear in the movie: the Hall of Justice.

RELATED:?Justice League: Iris West Cameo Confirmed

The first of the images, which have been circulating on Twitter and come courtesy of Roger Skillin, shows an obstructed curved-arch-structure in a hanger. The visible portion has ornate trim around its edges. While it’s still unknown whether or not the Hall of Justice will make an appearance in the movie as the Justice League’s headquarters, it’s hard to deny how similar the structure looks to the source material.

https://twitter.com/_DCWorld/status/875430267581870082/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbr.com%2Fjustice-league-movie-hall-of-justice%2F

View attachment 316034

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170616-120629.png
    Screenshot_20170616-120629.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom