Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Hack Your Canon Digicam (Add Raw Compatibility) and More!!!

zehel7

Symbianize Chieftain
Advanced Member
Reaction score
ADD ADVANCE FEATURES FOR YOUR AGING CANON POWERSHOT AND IXUS DIGICAM

HACK YOUR CANON DIGICAM

First, I really do not know where to put this kind of thread so I decided to post it in graphics and photos section since it is all about photography.

Credits to PC World Philippines November 2008 issue
I found this old magazine in my drawer and read this article about hacking digicam
I will just update the links and their steps

DISCLAIMER: I will not be liable for any damage to your device or any filed lawsuit against your mischief in doing this tutorial, I just want to help beginners-advance users to really more appreciate their devices. Do this at your own risk!!!

What you need:
1. CANON Powershot or IXUS Digicam (go to this link see if your device is supported http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK)
2. Card Trick 134 (See attachment below)
3. SD Card (back up your files first before doing this TUT it will erase all your data)
4. Personal Computer with Internet
5. SD Card reader

STEPS:

1. On your digicam w/ SD card inserted, Set the camera to Play mode, then turn it ON, Hold the Func Set button and Press Disp. Button, A window should appear identifying your firmware take note of that ex. Canon SD870 IS displayed “Firmware Ver GM1.00C”
2. Extract and Run Cardtricks134.exe and Insert your SD card into a card reader connected to your PC
3. Click the SD icon, select your card, be sure to know the drive of your SD card and its size
attachment.php

4. Click Format as FAT (This takes a few minutes especially for high capacity SD cards)
attachment.php

5. When formatting is finished Click Make Bootable
attachment.php

6. Download your custom CHDK firmware (http://mighty-hoernsche.de/) chose your device and firmware there from IXUS to Powershots (Do not unzip the file)
7. On your card tricks choose CHDK-->Card and select the firmware file(zip file) you’ve downloaded
attachment.php

attachment.php

8. Exit Card tricks and safely remove the SD card from PC then lock the switch of your SD card away from the metal connector (you will still be able to record images and videos to that card)
9. Insert the SD card to your digicam and turn it on you will see a brief splash screen that CHDK is running.

These are the featureas that will be added if you download the complete version for your camera
Overrides:
 Shooting in RAW, with RAW Average, RAW Sum, and RAW Develop features
 Shutter-priority (Tv) exposure - via shutter value override feature
 Aperture-priority (Av) exposure - via aperture value override feature
 Shutter, Aperture, and ISO Overrides
 Ultra-long shutter speeds - up to 64 seconds, and much longer on some cameras.
 Ultra-fast shutter speeds - up to 1/10,000" and higher
 Customizable high-speed continuous (burst) Shutter-based (Tv), aperture-based (Av) and ISO-based exposure bracketing (unlimited shots)
 Focus bracketing (unlimited shots)
 High-speed Flash Sync at all speeds up to 1/64,000 second (even faster in some cameras)
Scripting:
 Scripts execution - including exposure bracketing, focus bracketing, intervalometer and more)
 Motion-detection trigger - automatically fires camera on motion detection. (Fast enough to capture lightning strikes.)
 USB cable remote shutter release
Interface improvements:
 Custom user-editable visible Grids for framing, cropping, and alignment
 Fully customizable CHDK display, info placement, user-colors, fonts in menus, etc.
 Zebra mode (a live view of over and under-exposed areas of your picture)
 Battery indicator
 Live histogram (RGB, blended, luminance and for each RGB channel)
 RAW and Video space-remaining gauges with custom low-limit alerts
 Custom CHDK user menu (for instant recall of up to 10 favorite functions)
Extra Video Features:
 99 constant bit-rate and 10 constant-quality video compression levels
 Elimination of 1 Gig video-size limit
 Zoom during video function (for cameras without this feature)
Apps and extras:
 Depth-of-field (DOF)-calculator, Hyperfocal-calculator with instant Hyperfocal and Infinity focus-set, and more
 File browser
 Text reader
 Calendar
 Some fun tools and games :)

TESTED AND WORKING ON MY CANON POWERSHOT SD630 DIGITAL ELPH AND IXUS100!!!

SCREENSHOTS:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

NOTES:
1. Class 4 and above SD card are recommended for processing RAW images (simply they are faster)
2. In downloading your desired CHDK there are two options Complete and Small, complete additional files like scripts, fonts, and grids while small contains the essentials for your camera

HITTING THANKS IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED

FEEDBACKS ARE VERY MUCH WELCOME :thumbsup:

PS: PLS. TELL ME IF ITS REPOST I USE THE SEARCH BUTTON FIRST BEFORE POSTING THIS TUTORIAL

Attachments

• SS-canon.png
    SS-canon.png
    182.2 KB · Views: 277
  • ss-canon3.png
    ss-canon3.png
    162.9 KB · Views: 278
  • ss-canon4.png
    ss-canon4.png
    120.6 KB · Views: 279
  • ss-canon6.png
    ss-canon6.png
    182.2 KB · Views: 276
  • DSC00448.JPG
    DSC00448.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 272
  • DSC00463.JPG
    DSC00463.JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 269
  • DSC00461.JPG
    DSC00461.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 265
  • ss-canon5.png
    ss-canon5.png
    348.3 KB · Views: 264
  • cardtricks134.zip
    365.5 KB · Views: 8
  • CardTricks-144-SFX.zip
    444.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
update natin boss ha.....meron akong canon ixus850 IS...
feedback kita

Last edited:
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/SD800IS
sabi dito gawa pa ng ver.req

Version information Edit
Create an empty file called ver.req in the root of the flash card. Switch on the Camera and change to review (pictures). Press and hold FUNCSET, then instantly press DISP. Please note that holding FUNCSET for too long (until clock appears) and then pressing DISP won't give the desired results. You should now see the following on your screen:
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS
P-ID:3136 NT
Firmware Ver GM1.00E
E18
Oct 4 2006 10:07:45

Pressing DISP once again with FUNCSET still pressed:
Adj Ver.006.006
ZoomLensError
2007.07.08 14:16:13

Pressing DISP a third time with FUNCSET still pressed:
IS Firm Ver. 2.05
IS Param Ver. 2.04

sayang sir wala pala sa list yung cam nyo :(

sir pwede po ixus 850 IS...mali type ko po....

natry mo na sir?

suggestion ko kung meron kang dalawang SD card install mo yung dalawang firmware
tapos i try mo kung ano gagana sayo

ayaw din kasi sa akin gumana yung Func+Disp lumalabas lang yun screensaver

sir zehel....napalabas ko na yung firmware version ko,ito po 1.0.0.0
ano po gagamiting ko hack fw?sa binigay mong link.tx

malaki ba problem ko madali ma low bat na cam ko?ilan minuto programming po baka ma brick ...hehehehe

dito ka po magdownload pili ka lang kung small or complete

http://mighty-hoernsche.de/

take note backup mo muna laman ng SD card mo kung may laman pictures dahil kailangan

mo iformat yan para mainstall yung firmware

thanks....feedback kita charge ko muna baka madead eh....kung maputol yung programming may paraan pa ba?

ok sir what do you mean "pag naputol yung programming"?

you mean sa SD card don't worry format mo lang ulit ska perfectly safe siya dahil hindi naman magagalaw yung pinaka FW ng camera

SD card lang yung magagalaw

boss ibig sabihin ko kung mag low habang nag poprogram ako baka madead cam ko...

boss tanong ibig sabihin nyan sd card lang ang mag boot?fw ng camea di magbabago?paano pag nasira sd card balik ulit sa normal yung cam?tx

yes sir SD card lang ang mababago hindi magagalaw yung core ng camera

pag nasira or nacorrupt yung SD card format mo lang ulit

sir may fw upgrade from 1.0.0.0 to 1.0.1.1 i go ko ba ?

boss.... ng ini ok yung fw upgrade di nag bago...same pa rin datitapus paano palabasin yung mga extra menu?

ito lumalabas sa akin pag nag check ako ng fw ko...

Canon PowerShot SD800 IS
P-ID:3136 pal
Firmware Ver GM1.00E
Memory card error
Oct 4 2006 10:07:45

Adj Ver.006.006
Format error
2012.01.26 10:16:13

Adj Ver.006.006
Format error
Totalshoot:89357
open shutter:0