Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

[HELP] Wifi Rental Access System

nejnej24

Recruit
Basic Member
Reaction score
Hello mga ka-symb. Para may mga karanasan na regarding sa system na pinapagawa sa amin, humihingi po ako ng tulong kung pano ito simulan. Is it better na gawin ang system namin using PHP or VB? What we are trying to do kasi is to set up a Wifi Rental System, with the set-up na OPEN lang ang wifi, meaning no password but with a CAPTIVE PORTAL. Meaning eh, makakaconnect ka sa wifi but if you try browsing/using the internet e mareredirect ka sa isang page with a username and password to be filled. Paid user, will be given a random password everytime they pay.

Sa mga may experience or nakakaalam kung pano ito simulan, I need your help guys, at saan po ba ito magandang gawin, PHP or VB? Thanks!

Hello mga ka-symb. Para may mga karanasan na regarding sa system na pinapagawa sa amin, humihingi po ako ng tulong kung pano ito simulan. Is it better na gawin ang system namin using PHP or VB? What we are trying to do kasi is to set up a Wifi Rental System, with the set-up na OPEN lang ang wifi, meaning no password but with a CAPTIVE PORTAL. Meaning eh, makakaconnect ka sa wifi but if you try browsing/using the internet e mareredirect ka sa isang page with a username and password to be filled. Paid user, will be given a random password everytime they pay.

Sa mga may experience or nakakaalam kung pano ito simulan, I need your help guys, at saan po ba ito magandang gawin, PHP or VB? Thanks!

Well, those two languages you've mentioned are not enough to make a system as complicated as that. Kapag application, gamitin mo VB. Pero kapag PHP, sa web na iyon. Pwede naman sila pagsabayin dalawa pero I tell you, it is a project that is worth a lot of researches. Sa tingin ko may mga iba pang programming language yan ts. Hindi pa sapat ang dalawang iyan.

Maybe you can start by downloading to your WIFI router a custom firmware like DD-WRT..
Then you can setup your captive portal in the dashboard..
I havent really tried this myself. Sori.

Its a complicated system not suitable for beginners. It's not something you can just google search then copy~paste your way through the project. But its doable if you have time to spare in studying. The only tricky part is the setup of the Wi-Fi captive portal because there are lots of configurations needed.

Anyways read this :
http://blog.trifork.com/2013/01/15/building-a-captive-portal-controlling-access-to-the-internet-from-your-network/
And also check this out :
http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpsimplespot/?source=directory

Good luck. :)

Well, those two languages you've mentioned are not enough to make a system as complicated as that. Kapag application, gamitin mo VB. Pero kapag PHP, sa web na iyon. Pwede naman sila pagsabayin dalawa pero I tell you, it is a project that is worth a lot of researches. Sa tingin ko may mga iba pang programming language yan ts. Hindi pa sapat ang dalawang iyan.

Noted. Thanks for the insight!

Maybe you can start by downloading to your WIFI router a custom firmware like DD-WRT..
Then you can setup your captive portal in the dashboard..
I havent really tried this myself. Sori.

Im thinking of using pfsense for router/firewall.

Its a complicated system not suitable for beginners. It's not something you can just google search then copy~paste your way through the project. But its doable if you have time to spare in studying. The only tricky part is the setup of the Wi-Fi captive portal because there are lots of configurations needed.

Anyways read this :
http://blog.trifork.com/2013/01/15/building-a-captive-portal-controlling-access-to-the-internet-from-your-network/
And also check this out :
http://sourceforge.net/projects/phpsimplespot/?source=directory

Good luck. :)

Very informative links po. Thanks po for the pointers!

Wifi Rental Access System?

Complicated to boss. as far as i know ang PLDT already implemented this yung nag paparent ng wifi, nakita ko sa ads dati.

anyway. pwde nman direct mag cisco router ka. with guest account (yan ata yung hinahanap mo) sset mo lang yung lease time. pero yun nga lang. you cannot manipulate the data OR
pwde ka gagawa ng VB application that will read CISCO router then dun mo imamanipulate yung datas mo such as blocking of user or unblocking your user.

Doable yan PHP + pfSense

Back
Top Bottom