Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Honda Civic vti model 2000 A/T with issues Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serum

Novice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
Nabunggo kasi yun kotse tapos pinagawa tapos nung binalik samin eto mga issues:
•Rear power windows - hindi gumagana kahit pindutin switch sa mismo pinto saka sa main tabi driver's pero yung dalawa naman sa harap (driver's and passenger's gumagana power windows) gmuagana
•Power lock- yun sa left side harap at likod gumagana lock pero right side hindi gumagana
•Keyless entry and alarm- dati gumagana pa keyless pang lock tapos tumutunog horn pag inaunlock saka nilalock yung alarm di na din nagfafunction
•Front door right side- yun yung side na nabunggo pinalitan kaso hindi siya nakaalign
•Shift knob- hindi mapindot shifter kung hindi mo iooverride ng susi yun shift lock release hole kaya hindi mashift from park
•Power steering pump- bagong palit yung o rings saka oil seal pero kapag pinipihit steering wheel from lock to lock parang may magaspang na feeling (sabi nila gamitin ko lang daw gamitin para bumalik kasi may hangin pa)

Sana po matulungan niyo ako, di kasi maayos yung mga naggawa.

Nabunggo kasi yun kotse tapos pinagawa tapos nung binalik samin eto mga issues:
•Rear power windows - hindi gumagana kahit pindutin switch sa mismo pinto saka sa main tabi driver's pero yung dalawa naman sa harap (driver's and passenger's gumagana power windows) gmuagana
•Power lock- yun sa left side harap at likod gumagana lock pero right side hindi gumagana
•Keyless entry and alarm- dati gumagana pa keyless pang lock tapos tumutunog horn pag inaunlock saka nilalock yung alarm di na din nagfafunction
•Front door right side- yun yung side na nabunggo pinalitan kaso hindi siya nakaalign
•Shift knob- hindi mapindot shifter kung hindi mo iooverride ng susi yun shift lock release hole kaya hindi mashift from park
•Power steering pump- bagong palit yung o rings saka oil seal pero kapag pinipihit steering wheel from lock to lock parang may magaspang na feeling (sabi nila gamitin ko lang daw gamitin para bumalik kasi may hangin pa)

Sana po matulungan niyo ako, di kasi maayos yung mga naggawa.

A good shop will provide you with a check list on the condition of your vehicle like what's working and what's not working with you car, how much fuel you have and so on. Try bringing it to a different shop to have the problems fixed. It wasn't clear which specific part of the car was damaged from the accident. Anyway, here's what I think:

1. Were the windows working before you brought it to the shop? Were the two rear doors involved in the accident? If not, then there's no reason for them to stop working after getting your car fixed. I hope the shop didn't change the working motors of your power windows. Some of the causes are, electrical connectors wasn't connected and the power window motor gears got stuck from rust.

2. The electrical connector wasn't installed or they swap out your lock actuator.

3. The wire from the alarm responsible for locking and unlocking wasn't installed after the repair.

4. It's not easy to align a car door but it can be done kung competent ang gagawa.

5. The shift knob is inside the vehicle so there's no reason for it to stop working. Have a competent shop check to see if your center console was removed and see if it's just a case of the shift knob button was installed properly.

6. Did you let them change the o-rings and oil seals of your power steering pump? If so, I hope original repair kit was used and original Honda PFS was used and I hope they bleed the system. If you didn't let them fix the pump then it shouldn't be acting weird unless they changed your pump.

A good shop will provide you with a check list on the condition of your vehicle like what's working and what's not working with you car, how much fuel you have and so on. Try bringing it to a different shop to have the problems fixed. It wasn't clear which specific part of the car was damaged from the accident. Anyway, here's what I think:

1. Were the windows working before you brought it to the shop? Were the two rear doors involved in the accident? If not, then there's no reason for them to stop working after getting your car fixed. I hope the shop didn't change the working motors of your power windows. Some of the causes are, electrical connectors wasn't connected and the power window motor gears got stuck from rust.

2. The electrical connector wasn't installed or they swap out your lock actuator.

3. The wire from the alarm responsible for locking and unlocking wasn't installed after the repair.

4. It's not easy to align a car door but it can be done kung competent ang gagawa.

5. The shift knob is inside the vehicle so there's no reason for it to stop working. Have a competent shop check to see if your center console was removed and see if it's just a case of the shift knob button was installed properly.

6. Did you let them change the o-rings and oil seals of your power steering pump? If so, I hope original repair kit was used and original Honda PFS was used and I hope they bleed the system. If you didn't let them fix the pump then it shouldn't be acting weird unless they changed your pump.

First of all, the damage was on the front passenger's side and the steering was affected. I could say that the shop where we brought the car for repair was worst. They kept on overcharging us and didn't fix it the way it would be. So we decided to pull the car out of the autoshop. We did brought it to another autoshop which is on Motech Automotive, they found out that the rack and pinion was just hammered back to its position. They recommend us to replace it with a surplus or a new one. We bought a brand new rack and pinion at banawe. Then they did put the new one we bought. The shop was good but a bit pricey.

Then about the o-rings an oil seal replacement of the power steering pump, I noticed that the power steering pump was leaking so I decided to bring it to a repair shop near my village. They disassembled the power steering pump then gave me the o-rings and oil seal. I bought the o-rings and oil seal from an auto supply near the shop. They told me that they don't have the kit so they gave me o-rings and oil seal that are similar. Sad to say but they didn't bleed the system. I ill just do it by myself when I get home.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you think the o-rings must be replaced with an original kit? I am suspecting that the cause of the weird problem was not bleeding the system.

First of all, the damage was on the front passenger's side and the steering was affected. I could say that the shop where we brought the car for repair was worst. They kept on overcharging us and didn't fix it the way it would be. So we decided to pull the car out of the autoshop. We did brought it to another autoshop which is on Motech Automotive, they found out that the rack and pinion was just hammered back to its position. They recommend us to replace it with a surplus or a new one. We bought a brand new rack and pinion at banawe. Then they did put the new one we bought. The shop was good but a bit pricey.

Then about the o-rings an oil seal replacement of the power steering pump, I noticed that the power steering pump was leaking so I decided to bring it to a repair shop near my village. They disassembled the power steering pump then gave me the o-rings and oil seal. I bought the o-rings and oil seal from an auto supply near the shop. They told me that they don't have the kit so they gave me o-rings and oil seal that are similar. Sad to say but they didn't bleed the system. I ill just do it by myself when I get home.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you think the o-rings must be replaced with an original kit? I am suspecting that the cause of the weird problem was not bleeding the system.

The first shop where you first brought your car to is horrible and the mechanics are probably sent from the past via time machine. Who the hell hammers rack and pinion to make it straight nowadays. Whenever I have to replace power steering pump components, I always buy the original repair kit then I bleed the system. You need to check your chassis for straightness if the accident was bad enough to bend your rack and pinion.

Where are you from? If you are from Metro Manila, Can you recommend a good auto shop so that I can bring the car and finish the repairs.

For mechanical work, you can try Speedyfix at 308 P. Guevarra Street corner Seaview San Juan City. It's a little pricey but they do a good job. They also have a website at www.speedyfixph.com

Thread Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom