Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Huawei EMUI Software Update

htfan

Apprentice
Advanced Member
Reaction score
This information is obtained after doing some Google-ling to help other Huawei users like me (noobie) who wants to update their mobile phone software. Currently I’m using Mate 7. I will also include how to perform update in recovery mode in-case your mobile phone goes haywire ☺ There are 3 ways for you to update your mobile phone.

Online Upgrade
To start, there are a few things you need to do before updating. First & foremost:
1. It is recommended that you connect your phone to a Wi-Fi network.
2. Remaining battery power of higher than 30% throughout the update.
3. Please do not press the power button or perform any other operations during the update.

To start updating:
1. Touch Settings > Updater to check for new updates. Touch to download it, and then follow the onscreen instructions to update your phone.
2. When the update is complete, your phone will automatically restart.

rtpcn8.jpg

Here is a screenshot of the steps. Just follow the guideline! As simple as that to update your mobile phone!

HiSuite update
Another way for you to update is thru HiSuite application. If you don’t have the application on your computer, you may download the latest Huawei HiSuite version from http://consumer.huawei.com/minisite/HiSuite_en/index.html.

The remaining battery power of higher than 30% is needed throughout the update. Just make sure your phone has sufficient battery, or you can charge your phone before performing any update to ensure the device will not be brick.
And please do not disconnect the USB cable, power off or restart your phone, or remove or insert the micro SD card throughout the whole process.
Here is a screenshot example of the HiSuite application.

34xi736.jpg

Usually, there will be two scenarios encountered by most users. Example:

Scenario 1: If your phone can be powered on properly, connect your phone to HiSuite and click Update on your computer. When the update is complete, your phone will automatically restart.

Scenario 2: If your phone can’t be powered on properly, you may use the system recovery feature. However, this only applies to P9 devices (EVA-L09&EVA-L29)
- Please back up your important data before the update because this update method will erase all user data on your phone.
- Connect your phone to your computer. When your phone is powered off, press and hold the volume down and power buttons for a few seconds to enter fastboot mode.
- Then, touch System Recovery > Resume > Recover System.
- After the recovery is complete (the system will recover to the specified version, you don't have to select it), your phone will automatically restart. Please wait until it is finished.
- If the recovery fails due to the phone restarting, re-perform the procedure.

eRecovery Update
I’m sure may of Huawei users never heard about this method of update hehe like me before. You may try this method if your device can’t boot into Home screen. Things you need to be aware of:

1. This update method will erase all user data. Please back up your important data before the update.
2. You need to have Wi-Fi connection. Only Wi-Fi connection using the following authentication modes are supported: WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WEP, and open mode
3. Your phone has a remaining battery power of higher than 30% throughout the update.

Here are the list of supported models till this date. With new product launches, the list will be updated accordingly in Huawei website.
29zwpp5.jpg

Steps to perform the eRecovery update:
- Power off your phone and connect it to a computer using a USB cable. Press and hold the volume up and power buttons for 15 seconds. Your phone will automatically restart and enter eRecovery mode.
- On the eRecovery home screen, touch Download new version and recovery.
- On the download screen, touch Download and recovery. Your phone will then automatically enable Wi-Fi and search for available hotspots.
- Choose an available Wi-Fi hotspot and enter the password to connect to it.
- Your phone will automatically obtain the installation package information and download the package. No other operations are required. This may take a while. Please wait for the download to finish.
- When the download is complete, your phone will automatically install the update. When the update is complete, your phone will start a countdown to restart.

2ic1r4g.jpg

This is from my Mate 7. The layout may differ from other devices. Now if there is any updates, you can try one of this methods. Let me know if you need to know more. I’m willing to help hehehe

Back
Top Bottom