Symbianize Forum

Most of our features and services are available only to members, so we encourage you to login or register a new account. Registration is free, fast and simple. You only need to provide a valid email. Being a member you'll gain access to all member forums and features, post a message to ask question or provide answer, and share or find resources related to mobile phones, tablets, computers, game consoles, and multimedia.

All that and more, so what are you waiting for, click the register button and join us now! Ito ang website na ginawa ng pinoy para sa pinoy!

Is Java still in demand?

hindipoakoyun

The Martyr
Advanced Member
Reaction score
im currently working but im not happy here. although mabait sila boss, my growth has stopped kasi more on technical support na lang kami pag nagka issue.

I need to study again para makahabol or I will be left behind.., gusto ko mag pursue ng career as programmer either JAVA or PHP or Oracle or VB.net

d ko sure kung alin dyan sa tatlo pero sa java at oracle nakakita na ko which mapapagastos ako ng a total of 30k kung pipili ako ng isa. yung php at vb.net wala dun sa list eh parang basics lang. so either java or php....

Oracle you mean database?

In demand parin naman po. According sa mga job posting. Kung mag .net framework ka. Wag vb.net mag c# kana lng. Ang kagandahan sa c# pwede ka mag code ng website and mobile app. Kaya ako mas pinili ko ang c# kasi isang language lng my headstart na sa mobile and web development. Opinyon ko lng naman. Pero two years palang ako programmer eh. Gumagamit din kami ng java sa ofis. As long as magawa ung requirement ni user. Any language pwede namin gamitin.

Saka mas gusto ko ang way ng pag code sa c# compared sa vb.net

Last edited:
Oracle you mean database?

In demand parin naman po. According sa mga job posting. Kung mag .net framework ka. Wag vb.net mag c# kana lng. Ang kagandahan sa c# pwede ka mag code ng website and mobile app. Kaya ako mas pinili ko ang c# kasi isang language lng my headstart na sa mobile and web development. Opinyon ko lng naman. Pero two years palang ako programmer eh. Gumagamit din kami ng java sa ofis. As long as magawa ung requirement ni user. Any language pwede namin gamitin.

Saka mas gusto ko ang way ng pag code sa c# compared sa vb.net

medyo naguguluhan pa nga ko dyan sa VB.net eh ang alam ko C# din ang laman nyan... hindi ko rin masisi yung partner company namin na hindi na ko maturuan kasi yung assigned task saken kabisado ko na tapos busy din sila sa pinapagawa sa kanila. kailangan ko na mag move on dahil nagstop na yung growth ko.

okay naman din yung C# pero wala kasi akong makita course online, kung meron man isa lang tapos basic lang. ung java kasi na nakita ko halos 4 courses, mukhang sure ball pag natapos ko lahat magiging intermediate yung level ko kasi gagawa na ata mismo ng software.

yung sa oracle , nabasa ko yung background mukhang sql nga and about sa reports yung pag aaralan

Last edited:
Tip para malaman mo if in demand.... search mo sa jobstreet and kung gusto mo rin malaman yung difference sa sahod ng java dev compare to others. Minsan, hindi directly nakalagay kung magkano sweldo, kaya ina adjust adjust ko yung expected salary para malaman yung range ng salary. :) Java dev ako and I receive around 10 invites monthly. Lalo na nung January!

- - - Updated - - -

Saan pong online course yung sa Java mo po?

medyo naguguluhan pa nga ko dyan sa VB.net eh ang alam ko C# din ang laman nyan... hindi ko rin masisi yung partner company namin na hindi na ko maturuan kasi yung assigned task saken kabisado ko na tapos busy din sila sa pinapagawa sa kanila. kailangan ko na mag move on dahil nagstop na yung growth ko.

okay naman din yung C# pero wala kasi akong makita course online, kung meron man isa lang tapos basic lang. ung java kasi na nakita ko halos 4 courses, mukhang sure ball pag natapos ko lahat magiging intermediate yung level ko kasi gagawa na ata mismo ng software.

yung sa oracle , nabasa ko yung background mukhang sql nga and about sa reports yung pag aaralan

If you want to pursue C#, you can search for Mosh Hamedani for his course about it.

And for your query about what language to learn, either Java, C#, PHP or Oracle will do. On choosing what to learn, i think it is better to know first what programmer do you want to be, choose between being a software or web developer, please don't be tamed by the word "in demand" or depend on it. Since you've sited Java in your title i presume that you know Java if so, then go for Java if not go for C# instead if you have basic knowledge but if you're new to programming go for PHP but all in all you must familiarize yourself with the basics of OOP, Design Patterns and other concepts, because at the end of the day these languages are the same in context, they just differ in use cases and syntax.

Last edited:
not sure if this helps
recruiter ako for US, not sure kung same ang demands dito sa PH.

pero here are my statistics
in a month, I am asked usually twice to look for a java developer
usually inclined towards web development and me aws background.

oracle,
medyo pili ang companies na naka oracle e or nanganagailangan ng tao na marunong sa oracle. pero madalas malalaking companies.

bihira na ako naghahanap ng tao na merong c# or C+

most jobs na tinatrabaho ko , karamihan need ng cloud computing and big data experience

Yes Java is still in demand. In fact it is still the most popular programming language being used by developers world wide both for server and mobile apps.

Pick one object oriented programming language and stick with it until you master the basic concepts of programming and OOP Design. If you master one language it is easier to learn new ones because only the syntax changes but the concepts are the same.

Don't spend money on seminars and certificates that is just a waste of time and money. There are lots of good online courses/seminars you can download and watch. PS. Good quality paid online courses can be downloaded via torrent. Haha

For your starting language my advice for you is this ;)

If you have no money :

Option 1 Hard Learning Curve- Study Java.

Mobile/Game Dev. Study Android Development with Java or Kotlin

Java Full Stack Web Dev - Study Java Core, HTML, CSS and Javascript then learn some frameworks for example. Spring Boot with (Spring MVC, Struts, ect.), Spring Boot with SPA Frontend (Angular5, React, Vue, ect. ), Ruby on Rails, Play Framework, ect. Don't spend too much time learning swing/javafx because java desktop apps are obsolete in my honest opinion.

Option 2 Easy Learning Curve - Study PHP with HTML CSS then learn how to use Laravel and pick one javascript web framework for SPA Front End (Angular, Vue, React, ect.)

If you have money. Buy a MacBook Pro and then Study Swift language. Be an IOS Mobile/Game Developer. ;)

For the Database just study MYSQL and Mongo. Don't bother with Oracle unless you want to work in IBM or any Oracle affiliated company.

if i am you stop looking for in demand or popularity language .. look for what are essentials to your career.. if web development are you pursuing then learn what you can start asap.. when i was starting as self taught i look for what are easy to grasp then use it to my small project.. i use ruby and its framework that day.. luckily i found a bootcamp online that teach that language, i was talking microverse bootcamp. and they are good, they get me a job as a remote software developer after the bootcamp. until now i am working as remote software developer. what is good about my work is i have my family with me. what i earn is not peso..$$$.. and its 10x my salary before.. dont look for JAVA or PHP or Oracle or VB.net .. if web development is your targeting then learn GOLANG.. that is what i use now, vice versa with ruby on rails, react and other frontend tools.. i hope that i inspired you with my stories.. dont try or think to stop because its hard, move forward!!! learn 6 to 8 hours a day.. and you will succeed!

Back
Top Bottom